• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,598 - $22,163.

10/7.9

7.1

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10

Overall...

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "EcoBoost engine at 240hp is fun to drive"

Cons: "MyFordTouch sync software is a bit buggy"

"EcoBoost engine at 240hp provides awesome acceleration when needed! Intelligent 4 AWD system handling in the snow is great. Was unable to get the car to slide even at 4000 RPM. Actual mileage is less than advertised, at 20mpg around town, and 24mpg on the freeway, but that is the cost of a 240hp, AWD vehicle. MyFordTouch sync software is still a little buggy with v3.5.1, but overall works very well."

Excellant car for my wife. Comfort, visibility.

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Visibility, comfort, load capacity, power"

Cons: "Touch screen controls"

"Wife wanted Escape after 3 Avalons. Visibility and trunk area were 1st requirements. This is the vehicle we take on trips, both for comfort and mpg. I usually drive my 06 Explorer used for towing, but at 5'10" and 215lbs am extremely comfortable in the SEL on long trips(500m). The control knobs and touch screen need a little time to get used to, but that is minor."

Not what you expect from Ford!!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not even close to what Ford claims."

"Do not waste your time or money!! Gas mileage is terrible, I bought this car for the gas mileage and it is not close to what Ford claims. I can barely get 24 MPG highway and mine is 2WD which Ford says gets 30MPG. Brakes squeak, wind noise much higher than comparable vehicles"

Almost bought one

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

I don't own this car

"I got to rent an Escape a few days ago to see how good or bad it was before buying an SUV. I didn't like it. The interior looked very high quality and modern, but it didn't take long for me to find problems. The dash and doors had very many fit and finish issues for a vehicle this expensive. They use very nice material but fit is very poor and the interior was annoyingly squeaky. Myfordtouch was just a disaster from the start. It's just laggy and gimmicky with no simple knobs or bottoms. I never got comfortable with using in the 2 days I had it. I also found the 1.6L ecoboost to be a bit underpowered. The thing that made feel good about not buying one has been all the recalls the Escape has had since it was launched. Ford actually told owners to not drive their cars because they're a fire hazard. If you're like me(In the market for a small SUV), why would you consider one? I decided on a Mazda CX-5. Very happy I didn't buy a Ford."

Ford has done it once again!

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "slick apperance, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "minor mytouch clitches"

"This is my second Ford vehicle I have owned. I am in LOVE with this SUV. I bought it about 2 months ago and I am very pleased. I have the panoramic roof which is beautiful, the MyTouch and Sync is great, and I love the automatic liftgate. The MPG is great for an SUV and all the new technology of the car is state of the art. If you are considering buying this, forget the negative reviews... I have a feeling the driver had a little to do with the problemsas well. Its a really great car. I recommend it 100%! PS. This is a BRAND new model Ford has released. Every brand new model ANY car manufactuer releases will have a few clitches, they are called recalls. If you don't want to deal with some of the MINOR MINOR clitches that MAY occur, dont buy a brand new model of a vehicle. Not saying I have had any problems, but people complaining about the clock, yeah thats annoying, but you have to consider thats the first time of them with the computer system. The car is brand new, they will fix it! BUY FORD OR BUY ANY AMERICAN CAR! SUPPORT USA!"

See if you qualify for