• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,835 - $22,378.

10/7.9

7.2

Based on 126 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Buyers Remorse

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "New and Comfortable"

Cons: "Scary flaws in new Technology"

"I was, at first, In love with this car. For the money and the new technology I thought I was getting a good deal. One month later... I have no car. Not more than 1 month after driven off the lot this vehicle started to make a huge thud after eceleration from a complete stop. With small children in the car it was very scary. This vehicle has transmition problems. Due to the fact it is a new engine, they have no idea how to fix it or even were to start. It has been 2 weeks and I am still in a rental. Mothers... do yourself a favor and buy a different vehicle!!!"

1.6L engine overheats post recall

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

"My 2013 1.6L Escape has had nonstop overheating issues post recall fix. Watch my videos below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgpiQXzg_ho&feature=youtu.be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTaa6TT_6c&feature=youtu.be"

Headache of a Car - Ford 2013 SEL

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Interior Design, Foot Activate Lift Gate"

Cons: "MyFord touch Not Working, Wind Noise"

"After purchasing this car it gets RECALLED (Dec 2012). So, I wasn't able to enjoy the vehicle for 2 months it was sitting at the dealerships lot. Something to do with car bursting into flames or something. After FINALLY getting to drive our semi-brand new car (I say semi- cause it was driven by the dealership during the 2 month stay...gave us 150 miles... to our "brand new car") Now the car has problems. The MyFord Touch goes blank OFTEN, while driving some type of wind noise can be heard in the car, the handle to the door from the outside gets jammed, so your door won't close. You have to find a way to close it until you can drive. The blue lights that you can turn on or off for your interior smells like burning if you turn it back on from being off. Explains why the dealership service depo always turns it off. The car itself drives good, nothing to complain there. Interiors are lovely. The driver seat doesn't always remember your seat settings. Sometimes the car seat is way too high even after not adjusting it. I leave my seat adjustments alone but when I go to start my car after a long work day it's either way too high or way too low. Doesn't remember your settings? Is it suppose to do that? Oh did I mentioned I brought my car into the dealership service department NUMBER of times to fix the MyFord touch ALWAYS, ALWAYS going blank? I was recommended to buy Ford. After the test drive I decided it is a good car. But after owning it for 3 months, its a car FULL of headaches and frequent visits to the dealership service department. Did I mention this is a brand NEW car I purchased?"

Do not drive at night

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, handling, styling, comfort."

Cons: "Undiming dash lights and Ford's callous attitude."

"I have a '14 Ford Escape SE with blinding dash lights. According to Ford technicians, they are suppose to automatically dim in conjunction with the ambient light. For example, if it is daytime and full sun, the dash lights are full bright. Then as it gets toward dusk, the lights dim somewhat. At full night, the dash lights dim more to avoid bright lights in one's eyes. An analogy to this would be like driving at night and an oncoming car has its lights on bright beam. Then as a courtesy, the person dims the lights to the low beam. This is why I am taking Ford to task for designing a car that will not dim its dash lights as specified. I have talked to a Ford representative and that person said, "nothing is perfect, deal with it". To translate, I feel this means, we don't know how to fix it or care, and you are stuck. I would think Ford would like to have repeat costomers, but that bridge is burned and there will be no further purchase, ever. I have taken my car into the shop for a correction of this problem. They are trying to sweep me under the rug just so I will go away. Finally, they checked their lot and all the '14 Escapes have this same problem. So, a redesign of the software or hardware needs to be made and a recall/advisory made. I do not know if this will affect me as I may not have the car by then. I do not tolerate broken, non working equipment. On the positive side, the car does get good gas mileage, handles well, and looks good. Why would Ford let such a minor item ruin a car such as this?"

Terrific vehicle, like small BMW SUV but cost less

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "superior interior, fit and finish, agile,"

Cons: "none really so far"

"First impressions Escape Titanium AWD 2.0 liter engine now 250 miles on it Incredible interior, european feel and quality agile sporty driving mileage is fine, 23.5 in mixed with a lot of hills, no highways yet and not broken in yet My touch and sync took 15 minutes to master and is great--what is the negative hype about???"