• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,791 - $22,316.

10/7.9

6.9

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

6.9/10
    7.1/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Headache of a Car - Ford 2013 SEL

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Interior Design, Foot Activate Lift Gate"

Cons: "MyFord touch Not Working, Wind Noise"

"After purchasing this car it gets RECALLED (Dec 2012). So, I wasn't able to enjoy the vehicle for 2 months it was sitting at the dealerships lot. Something to do with car bursting into flames or something. After FINALLY getting to drive our semi-brand new car (I say semi- cause it was driven by the dealership during the 2 month stay...gave us 150 miles... to our "brand new car") Now the car has problems. The MyFord Touch goes blank OFTEN, while driving some type of wind noise can be heard in the car, the handle to the door from the outside gets jammed, so your door won't close. You have to find a way to close it until you can drive. The blue lights that you can turn on or off for your interior smells like burning if you turn it back on from being off. Explains why the dealership service depo always turns it off. The car itself drives good, nothing to complain there. Interiors are lovely. The driver seat doesn't always remember your seat settings. Sometimes the car seat is way too high even after not adjusting it. I leave my seat adjustments alone but when I go to start my car after a long work day it's either way too high or way too low. Doesn't remember your settings? Is it suppose to do that? Oh did I mentioned I brought my car into the dealership service department NUMBER of times to fix the MyFord touch ALWAYS, ALWAYS going blank? I was recommended to buy Ford. After the test drive I decided it is a good car. But after owning it for 3 months, its a car FULL of headaches and frequent visits to the dealership service department. Did I mention this is a brand NEW car I purchased?"

Worse SUV ever!!!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Nice price for what has to offer"

Cons: "To many issues and things that don't work"

"I have had this SUV for 6 mths and has been in the garage so many times. It seems that just when I get it back it goes back in for another problem. My biggest is that if you have an iphone it does not work with the SYNC system. I have also had this system black out on me. Every time I think that it is fixed something happens again. Beside the SYNC issue I have had others that are major. Brake issues, trunk not opening or shutting, tranmisson, sensor problems, you name it and the list can go on. I'm very disappointed in the Ford product and would advise someone not to buy this SUV unless your ready to deal with issues."

Great small SUV

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "great driving vehice"

Cons: "small insde"

"We love this car. he only hing about it is, if youhave mre than one child,or pets,itis kida small. But the egineis great and so is the gas milage."

Good First SUV

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, Comfortable, SYNC"

Cons: "Sound for BU Camera, Fog Lamps, Storage Cover"

"I was looking for my first SUV. In New York everyone owns a Honda, Toyota or Hyundai. I picked the Ford Escape. This is my first lease (for 2 years), and I am happy with my choice. I have the 2014 Base Model Ford Escape. I have had no problems with the SYNC system at all. It has taken some getting used to but now that I understand it works great. I leased my new vehicle. You get a new car every few years and you no longer have to worry about maintenance. I love the fact that you can control the speed and features of other drives through the administrative key. THE CONS: There should be fog lights standard as well as a sound for the back up camera. the screen for the mileage and trip information needs to be easier to use. The seats are not power controlled if only the drives side. The cover for the cargo area should be standard or at least a cargo net. The rear seat could be better with a slide back for more leg room in the rear area. The small cargo space under the passenger seat is useless to a lone driver. All in all these things can be fixed on the next redo..... I hope!!!"

Well made, handles well, quiet, good power, ecnmy

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Ford buil this well and not a bailed out company."

Cons: "Not really."

"2013 Ford Escape Titanium with tow package and all options. Only complaint is Ford should design tow package to still work with the tailgate function with foot, since the package to get this it is included then you add the tow package and you pay for it but does not function. This escape looks good, rides great, good pickup with 2.0 eco boost turbo, easy to get on the interstate and pass cars, good gas mileage averaging about 19.2 in city, was built well, no defects so far, quiet sound, rides nice, handles well. Got the Kodiak Brown, almost black depending on light of day and changes a little with different lights. Leater is nice, seats comfortable, good storage, may could use a little more cubbies to stuff extras."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25