• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,734 - $22,289.

10/7.9

7.2

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Tight Escape

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and good value"

Cons: "Small space for driver"

"Overall, the Escape is a great good looking performer. It has good gas mileage and a lot of power, when you need it. The larger 2.0 turbocharged engine with intelligent all wheel drive works well with the lower available gear ratio. I am getting 24 to 27 mpg while driving with the normal fast flow of highway traffic. However, this vehicle does not offer a lot of side to side room for driver. Your knees may hit the door and console if you are like me. For highway driving, the seat does go all the way back and your can stretch your legs, the telescopic steering wheel is a welcomed unexpected option. Ford could have easily pushed console over to the passenger side so the driver could have more room. But, it is a compact SUV and I am not a small person. The temperature control could be easier to adjust. I do like some of the Sync features like the phone though. Overall, I rate it an 8 out of 10."

Rented This car many times this year across the US

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Very fuel efficient, superb electronics"

Cons: "Seat could be more comfy."

"I travel a lot and have found myself requesting the Escape over just about all the other rentals. The car has plenty of room during my travels, is bullet proof in reliability. The electronics are second to none including hands free phone and blue tooth audio. A Very good sound system for a rental car and a solid drive. I am moving forward with buying one."

Great value for cost.

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Great pick up for getting into heavy traffic"

Cons: "No power passenger seat"

"Handles well, good pickup, 30 MPH on interstate, 27 around town. Needs to have power passenger seat. Curve of seats on long trip is narrow and bothers upper portion of leg if tall. Overall excellent value for cost of vehicle."

Ford has done it once again!

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "slick apperance, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "minor mytouch clitches"

"This is my second Ford vehicle I have owned. I am in LOVE with this SUV. I bought it about 2 months ago and I am very pleased. I have the panoramic roof which is beautiful, the MyTouch and Sync is great, and I love the automatic liftgate. The MPG is great for an SUV and all the new technology of the car is state of the art. If you are considering buying this, forget the negative reviews... I have a feeling the driver had a little to do with the problemsas well. Its a really great car. I recommend it 100%! PS. This is a BRAND new model Ford has released. Every brand new model ANY car manufactuer releases will have a few clitches, they are called recalls. If you don't want to deal with some of the MINOR MINOR clitches that MAY occur, dont buy a brand new model of a vehicle. Not saying I have had any problems, but people complaining about the clock, yeah thats annoying, but you have to consider thats the first time of them with the computer system. The car is brand new, they will fix it! BUY FORD OR BUY ANY AMERICAN CAR! SUPPORT USA!"

Not what you expect from Ford!!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not even close to what Ford claims."

"Do not waste your time or money!! Gas mileage is terrible, I bought this car for the gas mileage and it is not close to what Ford claims. I can barely get 24 MPG highway and mine is 2WD which Ford says gets 30MPG. Brakes squeak, wind noise much higher than comparable vehicles"