• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,505 - $22,106.

10/7.9

7.1

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10

Fine in the snow and bested a deer

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "Not big ones"

"I absolutely love my escape. For those complaining about mileage, they really need to check how they drive because I avg 25 mpg just like I'm supposed to. I get 28-30 Hwy and 22-24 city. Extremely safe car! I hit a deer after owning it for six months. My friend and I walked away without any injuries and the side airbags did deploy (no marks from the seat belt, no whip lash, nothing). The car immediately killed the engine, turned on my hazards, and called 911 in the right county. Got it fixed up, good as new at the body shop. I've also never had problems with the snow. This winter has been terrible, but my car has handled it like a champ. Not as great as a 4x4 truck, but great for what it is. Only complaints are that the center console is super deep, the miles to empty warning is often off by quite a few miles (more than the usual vehicle), and it takes a few seconds for the vroom to kick in when I floor it (I have the 1.6L)."

Titanium AWD 2.0 liter/10,000 mile update

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "tight european drive, mileage, mytouch"

Cons: "seats firm- I like, but may not appeal to some"

"Now at 10,000 miles for a titanium 4WD 2.0 I bought in April of 2014.I drive 80 miles a day round trip in commuting including winding hills and some interstate mixed driving. Mileage now 26.5 mpg. Not bad at all, and exactly as advertised. Continues to hug the road as if it is a much more expensive sports car.Excellent acceleration. No rattles or squeaks. My touch has worked flawlessly. Never a problem."

My first SUV and love it!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Quiet...comfortable...power liftgate"

Cons: "None so far"

"After owning cars all my life I decided to give an SUV a try. I traded my Fusion for a 2014 Titanium. After a recent 500 mile road trip I feel I made the right choice. It is quiet and very comfortable to drive and ride in. After a month I am getting 28 mpg with the 1.6 turbo. Having used sync in my previous Ford I have found that the system works well. Shortly after I bought it I updated the Sync and now it has very few glitches. Didn't rate reliability because I haven't had it long enough. However, the quality of fit from the factory was excellent."

I love my Escape

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "myfordtouch, sync"

Cons: "stereo sound, back seats don't adjust"

"I absolutely love my escape, I have the SE with the 2.0 ecoboost and 8" MY FORD TOUCH and sync. This SUV handled very well this past winter with the Automatic 4wd. I averaged 24 mpg all winter, mainly from the 15 min warm ups before I left anywhere. But now that it is nice outside I am getting closer to 28 MPG and I've gotten 30mpg on the highway. Great gas mileage without any sacrifice of power, it can get up and go when I need it to. I also have towed around 2000 lbs without any problems. I would recommend over and over again."

I love this vehicle

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "mileage, 4WD, size"

"The 4 WD is great in the desert where I live. the vehicle has got plenty of room for me (6'2") and enough room in back for a trip to the lumber yard. I really enjoy the automatic tail gate. Ride is good and gas mileage is good (25 mpg overall average)"

Drives well-rides well-love the comfortable seats

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"2.0 liter 240 hp turbo pulls my 4 x 8 box trailer well and still gets about 20 miles per gallon. I would buy it again."

My favorite little car

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "good power, looks, driving dynamics, technology"

Cons: "no coin holder in center counsel"

"I've had my ford escape for 9 months and i cannot think of a better car in this segment. i wanted a car that was as youthful as i and this was the one. this is far beyond my expectations and i recommend it to everyone i know that's looking for a new car."

Very nice automobile

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun, cool looking, techno heavy and a great value."

Cons: "Mileage a bit lower than stated."

"I have researched the vehicle prior to buying it, I chose the titanium with nav, parking technology and a tow hitch. I haven't yet towed anything, but that's why I got it. Compare it to what else is out there, including the higher end suv's and you will likely choose it as well. Very nice stuff in this vehicle. As far as value, it's not that bad either. Mileage is a bit lower that what is stated, but I have pretty much stayed off the freeways. Very well thought out, compared to the Acura, this wins by a mile and a half, much cheaper and more comfort. The Kia is junk, rav 4 way under powered. The GM options don't even come close, a short test drive in the Chevy was over and I eft the dealer within an hour, it's way overpriced, the BMW, very nice, but expensive! could almost buy two of these. Lexus, nice as well, but really, the fords seems better in value and looks. I thought the Mazda was close, but it felt cheap and tinny. They say this model is bigger that the 2012 version, I am not totally convinced, but drivability.....no comparison. The older one felt sluggish and tank like, I seem to forget this s a suv. Easy to get in and out and visibility is the best I've seen. Good job ford, hopefully the pesky recall issues are resolved, otherwise I see this being a real winner. If you buy something else without at least test driving this, you are indeed crazy."

Great, Versatile and Fun Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, versatility, powertrain, fun to drive."

Cons: "Lower gas mileage than advertised."

"Before signing the check for my new Escape SE, I researched and drove every competitive vehicle. The Escape won me over due to it's design, forward thinking, utility, comfort, mileage and overall driving characteristics. Coming from a premium brand AWD vehicle, I was at first skeptical, but I've come to really appreciate and love this vehicle. It drives and handles extremely well, and feels well-planted on the road. The seating is extremely comfortable, although the footwell is a bit tight, it's not too tight for my 6'0", 185 pound frame. The engine is extremely quiet - something I didn't expect from a small turbo, and the automatic transmission is very smooth. Fit and finish are on par with more expensive vehicles, which I believe is the reason it costs slightly more than others in it's class. I also love the Sync with MyFordTouch, and don't understand why some complain about it. It's intuitive, and easy to learn to operate. So far, I haven't been getting the EPA's rated fuel mileage, but it's probably due to my driving style and frequent stop and go traffic. The best I've done yet is 29 mpg when driven mostly highway miles. As with all vehicles, I expect the mileage to improve once broken in. I also love the auto-tailgate option, though I don't have the "foot motion" option, which I don't feel is necessary. All said, I love this vehicle."

4th Ford I have owned or leased

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Great value,Titanium has all bells and whistles."

Cons: "No front bumper protection."

"What a great job Ford has done. Having owned several Fords, this one is best so far. The Power of the 2.0 Eco Boost is amazing,using High test has given me better Gas milage. The 2014 Escape is more of a crossover then a SUV....If you want plenty of power to get on highway or pass that cellphone user, this is the ticket.Only drawback is front grille and bumper..No protection from people who can't park in front of you..Park assist is amazing. Sync is complicated, but if you have a teenager they can figure out full potential.Have nothing Bad to say! I look forward to many miles of enjoyment.Blows away CRV and RAV4.Proud to own an american car.Voice commands are easy to use ,but speak clearly.Gas milage not as promised and I chalk that up to not being broken in yet..Only 200 miles so far..As far as safety, you have many air bags to protect you and your passengers from harm..Bravo Ford"