2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,547 - $22,124.

10/7.9

7.1

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.0/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Best SUV I have ever driven

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive-Powerfull"

Cons: "Price a little steep for Titaniun model"

"drives like a car. Gets great gas mileage. Echo boost engine has incredible performance for a 4cyl. I love the intelligent 4 wheel drive, works great. Driven in snow, mud, ice, and never got stuck. Stereo system is amazing! Rich deep bass to where you can actually feel the thump in your chest! Has been very reliable. Drives and shifts very smoothly. Great cargo room"

Nice, "Cool" Vehicle w/ "Over-Tech'ed" Gremlins

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Utility. Driveability. Looks/Style."

Cons: "Reliability. Mileage. Price"

"Bought new 10mo. ago. 15K mi. Fully loaded Turbo 2.0 "Ecoboost" Titanium model. HIGHS: Power, layout/utility, drive-ability/responsiveness/"feel," "looks." LOWS: RELIABILITY: Already 3 Recalls for minor things; BUT also five(5!) times back because of "Engine Fault/Have Serviced" light w/ eng. running very rough at low speed BUT no "Fault" codes stored. Dlr thinks FINALLY solved trouble via Tech. Svs. Bulletin/TSB info, but also installed Engine Data Recorder for us to drive w/ for "few weeks" just to make sure. MILEAGE: NOT great for small engine (lucky if 25mph on highway). SUNROOF&VENT: Vent that only opens 1/2"(!) is pretty stupid in this expensive(!) option! MSRP: TOO HIGH! LIKE TOO MANY VEHICLES, new Titanium Escape is another example of manufacturers pushing too far/fast to comply w/ mandated fuel econ., still keeping good power. I.e., squeezing too much from small motors via "high tech" W/O enough testing time of associated electronics!"

I Love my Escape, I look for reasons to drive it.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Love driving it, quiet smooth fun!"

Cons: "Center console storage is not well designed."

"I have the 2014 Escape SE AWD 1.6L Ecoboost engine with Leather, I look forward to driving it, and look for any reason to drive it. It is quiet and smooth, but has power when you want it. Gas mileage is great, it is up to you and how you drive to get the mileage advertized! I have seen reviews saying they only get 15 mpg, you would have to try to get that bad, or just sit and idle all day long. I love playing with all the toys that come on it, the Sync and myford touch are not difficult to learn or use unless you have never used a computer or smart phone. It is a great car, I can't wait for winter and test out the AWD. Love it and recommend it to anyone looking at a small SUV."

Nice vehicle for a small truck.

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "I consider this a best in class small SUV"

Cons: "A bit small cargo area for an SUV"

"I have a 4wd ecoboost 2.0 which I traded a 2007 Ford Mustang for. Before the 2007 Mustang I had a 2000 Mustang GT. I was concerned the Escape would not have enough power. I am pleased that I was wrong. Great performance. It does not spin the wheels like my GT but is very peppy. The ride is a little stiff like the GT but is to be expected in a small truck which this technically is. I am 6'2" and weight 240 lbs and find the front seats comfortable. The back seat is a little small for me. The only downside to this vehicle is a rather small payload area, even with the seats down. There is a learning curve on the options for the transmission and the console electronics. I also wish I had the upgraded sound system which I had in my Mustangs. The 4wd version is a little louder than than the 2wd version. I also have to be careful to not take turns as fast as I could in the Mustang as this vehicle is a little taller and not as wide."

Very Nice

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "comfort, spacious"

Cons: "MPG"

"I do love this vehicle. Going around town gets me 30 mpg, but onthe Texas highway allowing 80 mph, the mpg nears 25. Comfort is top notch."