• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,791 - $22,316.

10/7.9

6.9

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

6.9/10
    7.1/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Hands down waay better than Rav4, CR-V or Equinox

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, lot of options, Japanese-like build quality"

Cons: "outward swinging wipers arent the best, rear space"

"I bought a brand-new Escape Titanium 4WD after trying out all the other SUVs in the same category (Nissan Rogue, Toyota Rav4, Honda CRV, Mazda CX5). This car is amazing. I opted for the bigger Ecoboost engine which delivers 240 horsepower. Folks this is the same exact engine that Land Rover uses in the Land Rover Evoque base models. It delivers plenty of horsepower for lively, spirited acceleration. The interior has great build quality. The car came factory equipped with an optional remote starter which is awesome. There's a 390 watt Sony stereo. The navigation system works great everytime. The voice activation doesn't always work perfectly but that's a minor issue. I'm still learning to use all the features of Ford Sync system but so far it's been great. Love this car and highly recommend it."

Excellent vehicle. Smooth running, versatile.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Good ride, responsive engine, good looks."

Cons: "No serious problems."

"I have owned my titanium since October 2012, when they first came out. Haven't had a single serious issue at all. The only nitpick is that the liftgate does not always respond to the "kick" motion for opening. The vehicle runs very smoothly -- good ride, easy handling, responsive engine. I am very happy with it thus far and would recommend it."

Excellent AWD that's fun to drive

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet, comfortable, excellent AWD"

Cons: "Flaky Sync/MyFordTouch"

"I have owned this 2013 Titanium AWD (2.0 EcoBoost) for 1 year today and have used it mostly for commuting 12 miles to work (24 miles rt) per day with a few long trips >200 miles. The main thing I like about the car is its driving characteristics. It has very nimble handling and plenty of power--as close to a sporty car feel as one could get in an SUV. In addition, the cabin is amazingly quiet and comfortable (I am 5'9'' and average weight) though I can see it might be tight for a bigger person. The gas mileage has averaged 23 mpg overall for the entire year--I never reset the calculation for the 2nd monitor. This is somewhat less than I had hoped for but much better than my other 4WD options (pickup truck). At least it uses regular gas. I have a long (700 ft), steep driveway and we've had a lot of snow this year. After learning how to use the AWD correctly by going very easy on the gas until it figures out how to distribute the power, I have never had a hitch getting home even in 10"-16" snow drifts. I suspect that the folks who wrote about having trouble with the AWD in snow did what I first did--tried to blast up to speed from a standstill--the so-called intelligent AWD seems to require a gradual startup from a stop to get everything engaged. Wheel spinning defeats its effectiveness. I really like the "techy" stuff this car sports. Most of it works well though the Sync stuff is fairly flaky. I can always make a hands-free phone call and that's pretty much all I care about. I cannot get the system to recognize the spoken "USB" when I try to access my iPod, so I have to do that from the touch screen. The blindside warning, rearview camera and proximity warnings are so far reliable and helpful. The HID headlights are awesome! And the foot-kick operated tailgate is much more useful than I anticipated. What would I improve? The MyFordTouch/Sync system would be better replaced by Apple's Siri. The center console is too deep for its opening. The gas mileage could be better, but that may require doing something about the weather--cold and snow do not promote high mileage. I'm not convinced of the value of 19" tires--a recent pothole event has cost me $229 for a single replacement! A somewhat bigger gas tank would be nice. Bottom line: before buying the Escape, I tested the RAV4, the CRV and the RDX, all with AWD. The Escape was by far the most fun to drive and the quietest with comfort equal to the better of the alternatives. These features continue to please and I am very happy with the car. I have recommended this version to several friends and relatives."

CRV and Escape -Let the long term comparison begin

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Model S has many std features"

Cons: "Ford doesn't make many Model S versions"

"Just got a 2014 base Model S. (made in Louisville, KY) Only options 1) alloy wheels and 2) set of winter and summer floor mats. Sale price was $23600 but got $2500 in FMC rebates. I also got a reasonable trade in for my 2003 F-150 (made in Kansas City, MO) that gave me zero problems over the years. My Wife's 2014 Honda CRV has AWD, a navigation system, leather and sun roof - which explains why it cost considerably more than the Escape. Let the long term side-by-side comparison begin ... Wife says: "back-up camera is brighter in the Escape". I like the hand's free phone that connected easily to my Android. It reads incoming text messages ..."

Potential. Buyers think twice

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "nice looking vehicle"

Cons: "limited space inside, poor gas mileage"

"Think twice before purchasing a 2014 ford escape. it is an attractive vehicle, however there is no where to put your small items except for in the armrest console, there are 2 cup holders and nothing else, very cramped in drivers seat. The gas mileage is not great. The wipers move outward, , they do not reach the ends of the windshield making it harder to see when looking to the left. I was looking to upgrade from a smaller car with more room, not sure I made the right choice now, especially after comparing the interior room to my friends Kia Sorento."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25