2012 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

2009 Escape XLT 2wd

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive with plenty of power. Sound system."

Cons: "Rear headrest removal."

"I was very surprised by the pick up and power this 3.0 6 cylinder has. Very smooth shifting 6 speed automatic transmission. Cabin is very roomy despite it's outward appearance. Plenty of leg room front and rear. Audio system sounds superb. SYNC, USB connection for iPod and bluetooth for phone work great with buttons on the steering wheel. Voice command is very handy. Easy to maneuver and park. Automatic headlights is a plus, as is the keyless entry and driver's door keypad (all cars should have this feature!) I like the computer information on MPG and oil change info. I got 24 MPG on combination highway/city rush hour traffic. Almost 10 more MPG than my previous car, a 1999 Explorer. On the negative side, having to remove the rear passenger headrests to fold the back completely flat seems to be an after thought."

Size convient for around town; space good

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG, tows traler well, handles well,"

Cons: "Temp control butons hard to ID,"

"Purchased in Nov. 2011. Have run 20,000 miles with no problems. V-6 with 6 speed auto transmission handled pulling 1200 lbs from Kansas to Wyoming with no problems in mid summer 100 deg F heat. Maintained 75 mph in Rockey mountains would sometimes shift down to 5 th or 4th gear but maintained speed. Engine/transmission are great combination. Good torque rise on engine in mountains w/o any excessive shifting. Great acceleration for vehicle weight and size. 23.5 mpg towing trailer on 2000 mile trip to & from Wyoming. Drove to Connecticut, two adults with luggage plus 500 lbs. Escape computer showed 29.6 mpg on 1600 miles highway driving. MPG better than expected. Would liked to been able to purchase six way passenger seat option."

Nice compact SUV

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"Very well thought out design. I purchased this vehicle for my wife and it fits her to a tee. It's an SUV but in miniature. My wife is petite and for larger people like myself, interior space can be a challenge. I purchased the navigation limited edition and i am impressed on the design. Yes, there is some "excessive" noise when going from 1st through 3rd gear but this SUV is simple to drive with more than enough power in it's V6 to get you where you are going in all conditions. I am a chevy man and was more inclined to buy an Equinox but my wife insisted that we also looked at the escape and rav-4. The price, the drivability and all of the simple features won us over. I would buy again and again....."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted