2012 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 593 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

pleasantly surprised!!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "great price, easy on the wallet"

Cons: "NONE!"

"This little suv is amazing! I was looking for a vehicle that gets great mileage and runs flex fuel. I was nervous at first because I was told flex fuel vehicles have an annoying engine noise. I have noticed absolutely NO noise. The seats are comfortable, the sync system is convenient. This suv is not 4*4, BUT it can handle its own. No mechanical issues at all. So here's the big one! I came around a corner and a teenager was coming out of an alley, texting... I was able to make a quick steering adjustment, he missed my passenger side and barely clipped my bumper. The ONLY damage that the escape ended up with was a broken tail light and a scuff mark on the bumper! I did have to dealer order the part, but the price wasn't too hard on the wallet. Thank goodness for the steering, or he would've done more damage. This one still believes in, "BUILT FORD TOUGH!""

Better than expected

By on Sunday, April 5, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle based on economic logic. To my surprise, I really like the car. It drives very comfortably and has plenty of space. The gas mileage really can be 34 mph and even higher, depending on how you drive: slow city driving, bumper to bumper jams and rolling through foothills you can easily get 40 mpg. Unfortuantely, I am a freeway driver and always in a hurry. I tend to get about 27 - 28 mpg with my driving habits. My first impression is that is was made for a man -- everything is flat and hard, not curvey or soft. The seat was uncomfortable at first. I don't know if it molded to my body or if I just got used to it. But, after 7,000 miles I don't notice it any more. It has plenty of power for my needs -- typical mom stuff. Very quiet when in electric mode, a bit noisy when using gas but not as noisey as a typical truck. I love the Sync -- it makes so much sense and is easy to set up & use. I just tell my car to call home and talk like my family is in the car with me. Sync my iPod, plug in my laptop, etc. Very techno friendly. I have been a toyota driver for 30 years and really wanted a Lexus Hybrid, but could not justify the cost to mileage ratio. I was very reluctant to switch to Ford but now I am glad I gave it a chance."

2008 not the best year for the Ford Escape.

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

"2008 was not the best year for the Ford Escape. Early on had trouble with the transmission fluid cooler. Water pump went out early. The heating and cooling system is difficult to adjust. The glove box is a little small. The gas mileage is not bad for a V-6, can get 23-25 highway if I hold the speed to 65 or less and the road is not too hilly. Do like that V-6, gives plenty of pep and is really holding up well after 120,000 miles. Like driving it and hope to keep it to 200,000."

Love the vehicle!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"We got this vehicle as we needed something that was not as gas consuming as the vehicle we had previously. This vehicle is great on gas mileage and my husband, who is quite tall, fits in the vehicle well and is comfortable when he drives around and doesn't hurt when he gets out of the vehicle after long trips."

Beware of transmission problems

By on Friday, April 2, 2010

"Be very careful of 2009-2010 Escapes on the used market. Many will have transmission problems. I'm sure more than one person is going to try to unload one. Ours is going back in for repair number three for a right intermediate shaft leak. I fellow owner I met on the internet ultimately had his Escape bought back by Ford because of the same problem. Fords are good cars/trucks and the Escape is a decent vehicle - but nothing special. The 6-speed automatic transmission is junk."