• 2014 Compact SUVs
2012 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

2009 Escape XLT 2wd

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive with plenty of power. Sound system."

Cons: "Rear headrest removal."

"I was very surprised by the pick up and power this 3.0 6 cylinder has. Very smooth shifting 6 speed automatic transmission. Cabin is very roomy despite it's outward appearance. Plenty of leg room front and rear. Audio system sounds superb. SYNC, USB connection for iPod and bluetooth for phone work great with buttons on the steering wheel. Voice command is very handy. Easy to maneuver and park. Automatic headlights is a plus, as is the keyless entry and driver's door keypad (all cars should have this feature!) I like the computer information on MPG and oil change info. I got 24 MPG on combination highway/city rush hour traffic. Almost 10 more MPG than my previous car, a 1999 Explorer. On the negative side, having to remove the rear passenger headrests to fold the back completely flat seems to be an after thought."

No problems with vehicle; tow 1200 lb trailer easy

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliaility and performance towing very good"

Cons: "climate controls hard to see and use"

"Wife likes size for parking and interior space for hauling groceries and other items. I regularly tow a trailer with 800 to 1200 lb load from KS to TN & WY. Handles load well. Functionality of navigation system is good. Disappointed with $200 cost to update navigation. Wish I had purchased after market navigation. Gas mileage good for loads I haul. Engine/transmission matched together very well. Engine has good torque rise. Have had no problems with vehicle. I service vehicle per owners manual recommendations. Wear trifocals and climate controls difficult to see and find when driving. Like SYNC function with cell phone. MPG from 29.5 highway with no cargo to low of 19.5 loaded & towing trailer. Overall MPG since purchasing vehicle is 23.5"

Excellent small SUV

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Sync, Sporty Looking"

Cons: "No real cons, but better gas mileage."

"I have owned this for just over two years and love it. The traction stability is fantastic, the 4WD is very handy and the Sync is something I will never be able to do without again. I use this tow my motorcycles as well as drive for work. I drive about 35K a year and and 6'-4" tall. The comfort is incredible. I have a sliding sunroof that I love as well. The only complaint I have is the it "only" gets 20-24 mpg with the V6. That's not too bad and I love the extra power the V6 has over the 4 cyl. I have driven both. I would like an engine that gets 35 mpg and still has the horsepower, but who wouldn't, right? If you're thinking about it...get it!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted

I'd like to receive useful tips, tools and resources via email from Kelley Blue Book.