2012 Ford Escape

8.3

Based on 556 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Exceeded Expectations!

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Have sold Fords in the past and had a 10 yr old pickup I needed to upgrade. Having no need for another truck at this time we felt we wanted an SUV and drove several from different manufacturers. We were concerned with safety, driveability and especially fuel economy. We found the Escape far and above the best value out there and took it on a 5,000 mile honeymoon trip and loved it! Fuel economy was great, we averaged almost 28 mpg on several tanks of gas! Handling and ride were both impressive. We couldn't be happier with our limited and love every feature on this vehicle! Would recommend it wholeheartedly! PS: We really love the way cargo area can be modified and can actually sleep in it when rear seats are removed, which is quick and easy!"

5th Ford and I'm tradeing it in for my 6th

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, dependable, great mpg, stylish, smart"

Cons: "No disappointments!"

"I love my Fords because they have taken care of me and my family for 34 years. I've had a Zepher station wagon (we out grew in 2 years), 2 Custom conversion Econoline vans (10+ years each), 2 Escapes (7yrs & Hybrid 5 yrs), and now I will buy an Explorer (only because they messed up the Escape)and I now need more room for the grandchildren!"

I am very happy with my ford Escape limited.

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

"This vehicle is a great buy as well as a Dream to drive. It gets great gas mileage 25 highway 18 city. Rides great, and is real comfortable also not alot of rosd noise. I had a trailer tow package added at the factory for towing my, bass boat. Which this vehicle does very well while still getting 22 mpg. This car has plenty of power even while towing up hill. As well you don't feel the transmission, shift while towing with the 6 speed transmission. Also with the camera on the mirror while backing up it"s breeze,hooking onto your boat or camper. You don't need a, second person to watch you back up?"

A good vehicle for the money

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "good value, low operating costs so far."

Cons: "Awful upholstery fabric"

"I bought this car new. Delaware is easier on cars. Decent roads and no hills to speak of. After 3-1/2 years I only have 26669 miles on the car so it has been used sparingly. Service from the dealer has been very good. Only one minor recall. I hate the upholstery fabric but seats are comfortable. I often tow a 5x8 trailer...no problems with weight. It's not a sports car but handling is good for a small SUV. Gas mileage has been as advertised...better on long hauls. It was too late when I realized the cross braces for the roof rack were not included. RIPOFF!"

Not a good vehicle

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "None worth mentioning"

Cons: "Poor quality"

"Bought this vehicle used. Ran good for about three months, then started some major problems. Went to start vehicle and could not get it started. Something had "fused" to the engine. Had to get it towed in. In shop for one week. Suddenly lost power while going up hill. Clutch installed at factory defective. Had new clutch and seals put in under warrenty. In shop for 2.5 weeks. Dashboard lights seem to come on/off randomly at times. Dealer has no answer/solution for this at this time. All in all, am very disappointed in this vehicle. Bought this SUV for my wife. She is afraid to drive it for fear of when the next time it will break down for no real reason. Now I have to trade this off, at a loss of course, because Ford is not able to build a decent vehicle of any quality. I will never buy another Ford product."