2012 Ford Escape

8.3

Based on 540 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Too many mechanical breakdowns.

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Good V6 engine, Sync system, cargo space."

Cons: "Way too many non-engine mechanical breakdowns."

"I bought this 2009 Escape XLT new. It fit the exact profile I was looking for in a vehicle which would work for business purposes, yet would still work for my outdoors activities. I still like the design a lot. The newer models have removed the SUV look and have replaced it with a minivan/crossover look. I love the Ford SYNC system. It works great. This vehicle was one of Ford's first to be equipped with a USB port. I really wanted to like this vehicle. The problem is I have had way too many mechanical breakdowns. Here is a list of the major ones: 1)Transmission went out after a month of ownership. Yes it was covered by warranty, but it took six weeks to get repaired due to a lack of replacement parts (what does that say?). Then it needed reprogramming a month later. 2)One of the front disc brakes failed. Covered by warranty. 3)The electronic power steering failed. $1300. 4)The air conditioning condenser unit failed. $1000. Then it failed again a year later. 5)Something called a half axle support bearing failed. $400. 5)Electronic lift gate actuator failed. The one thing that has actually works great on the Escape has been the V6 engine. No issues there at all. Overall however this vehicle has just had too many mechanical breakdowns in a 5 year period. I'm also not happy with the number of recalls that Ford is still experiencing with many of their vehicles. Its too bad because I really loved a lot of things on this Escape. It fit me perfectly, but the mechanical issues are just too much and Ford has too many recalls. I'll go elsewhere."

My second most favorite vehicle ever.

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage and roomy"

Cons: "seat belts are crazy sometimes"

"I really love this car! The only reason I am thinking of trading it in is that I want the 2015 Titanium. I am retired so it has plenty of room for everything that comes up. It wouldn't be good for a large family but it is so perfect for me."

Fit our needs

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cons: "I wish it was a little bigger"

"Good mileage. Comfortable on road trips and locally. Reliable. All I could ask for in its price range. Would recommend this vehicle"

Traded 07 Rav 4 in for it.Great decision.

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "great price,fun to drive"

Cons: "emergency brake release hard to reach"

"This is a great suv. It still rides,looks & handles like it did when I bought it new. There were a couple of recall problems & dealer took care of them. Glad I bought the 6cyl. avg. 22.6 mpg with plenty of power."

I love this car. Best car in the snow.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Great price, very good mileage."

"This car is just the right size. Very manueverable, great gas mileage. I love all the features of my Limited edition. It is the best car I have ever driven in the snow. I used to be concerned about the weather and roads, now I don't even check it. Great peace of mind. I have told many people, if I am having trouble, no one should be out on the roads. We should all be home."