2011 Ford Escape

8.3

Based on 539 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

I love this car and would buy it all over again.

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "A really good value, nice and solid."

Cons: "Back seat has limited leg room, fits 2 ok 3 crowd"

"When I was asked what kind of car I wanted, I said something like the Ford Escape or Rav 4. I am so happy we got the escape. It is perfect if you don't like to climb up to get out of a car. Plenty of room in the front and bac storage area. I would have liked a little more leg room in the rear seating area. All the controls are accessible to the driver. Very comfortable to drive both in the suburbs and the highway. I have never had any mechanical or cosmetic deficiencies with the car. Although Mother Nature decided to put a tree on the roof and side. The repairs were painless and you would ever know that it happened."

nice and comfortable ride

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

I don't own this car

"Its a nice car,however this was not my personal choice."

GREAT Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Pros: "ease of access, performance, reliability, economy"

Cons: "small seat, wind noise above 50 mph"

"I have owned my 2010 Ford Escape Limited, V6, for 16 months. Being 64 with some arthritis, I find my Escape very easy to get in and out of(leather seats). The V6 240 hsp engine allows you to get on the expressway at the speed limit - ie, 30 to 60 mph on the ramp NO problem! Passing slow old farts is a breeze too, LOL. I wish the seat was bigger(like a Navigator), and there is some wind noise above 50 mph. Oh, and I get around 21 mpg in city driving(no A/C)!"

Love the car!

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

"All I have done is routine maintenance until 100,000. I then changed out all the fluids and the belts. Not one minutes trouble with this vehicle! Very important for a single woman. The only thing I don't like is the upholstery. Even water stains it and it won't clean up satisfactorily."

AC brakes should have had recall

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Pros: "Nice driving, good pickup comfortable interior"

Cons: "Brakes And especially AC"

"Very rough braking from the beginning. told that is the way it is!? Have spent 3K over the last 2 years and it still does'nt work"

This car rocks

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Keyless entry and has great traction"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"This car rocks in the snow and icy conditions! I can get my kayak on top without any problems and I love keyless entry!"

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Great quality, great driver, good MPG"

Cons: "Front speaker started going out after 4 years"

"Have had this car for a little over two years. Bought this after owning a string of minivans from Dodge and Chevy, and was my first ford. Although i did sacrifice on the space to go to a SUV I love this car. It gets good gas mileage 24-26 depending on the season, handles fairly well for an SUV and has a decent amount of power. It is very comfortable for long trips, i take it 4 hours one way every other weekend during the winter and it is a breeze in this vehicle. The only complaint is that the driver side front speaker has started to go out but the vehicle is now four years old and was pre-owned so I cant say for how it was used in the past. If I were to buy this vehicle again i would sacrifice the MPG to go for the 4 wheel drive model because I live in a snowy region but for a Front wheel drive it doesn't do bad. Highly recommend this vehicle."

5 yr extended warranty bumper to bumper

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"very reliable"

Awesome!!!!!!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

"I was a first time Escape customer last May 2014. I'm buying another one this May. What does that yell you?"

Too many mechanical breakdowns.

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Good V6 engine, Sync system, cargo space."

Cons: "Way too many non-engine mechanical breakdowns."

"I bought this 2009 Escape XLT new. It fit the exact profile I was looking for in a vehicle which would work for business purposes, yet would still work for my outdoors activities. I still like the design a lot. The newer models have removed the SUV look and have replaced it with a minivan/crossover look. I love the Ford SYNC system. It works great. This vehicle was one of Ford's first to be equipped with a USB port. I really wanted to like this vehicle. The problem is I have had way too many mechanical breakdowns. Here is a list of the major ones: 1)Transmission went out after a month of ownership. Yes it was covered by warranty, but it took six weeks to get repaired due to a lack of replacement parts (what does that say?). Then it needed reprogramming a month later. 2)One of the front disc brakes failed. Covered by warranty. 3)The electronic power steering failed. $1300. 4)The air conditioning condenser unit failed. $1000. Then it failed again a year later. 5)Something called a half axle support bearing failed. $400. 5)Electronic lift gate actuator failed. The one thing that has actually works great on the Escape has been the V6 engine. No issues there at all. Overall however this vehicle has just had too many mechanical breakdowns in a 5 year period. I'm also not happy with the number of recalls that Ford is still experiencing with many of their vehicles. Its too bad because I really loved a lot of things on this Escape. It fit me perfectly, but the mechanical issues are just too much and Ford has too many recalls. I'll go elsewhere."