2011 Ford Escape

8.3

Based on 508 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

2009 Escape XLT 2wd

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive with plenty of power. Sound system."

Cons: "Rear headrest removal."

"I was very surprised by the pick up and power this 3.0 6 cylinder has. Very smooth shifting 6 speed automatic transmission. Cabin is very roomy despite it's outward appearance. Plenty of leg room front and rear. Audio system sounds superb. SYNC, USB connection for iPod and bluetooth for phone work great with buttons on the steering wheel. Voice command is very handy. Easy to maneuver and park. Automatic headlights is a plus, as is the keyless entry and driver's door keypad (all cars should have this feature!) I like the computer information on MPG and oil change info. I got 24 MPG on combination highway/city rush hour traffic. Almost 10 more MPG than my previous car, a 1999 Explorer. On the negative side, having to remove the rear passenger headrests to fold the back completely flat seems to be an after thought."

Excellent small SUV

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Sync, Sporty Looking"

Cons: "No real cons, but better gas mileage."

"I have owned this for just over two years and love it. The traction stability is fantastic, the 4WD is very handy and the Sync is something I will never be able to do without again. I use this tow my motorcycles as well as drive for work. I drive about 35K a year and and 6'-4" tall. The comfort is incredible. I have a sliding sunroof that I love as well. The only complaint I have is the it "only" gets 20-24 mpg with the V6. That's not too bad and I love the extra power the V6 has over the 4 cyl. I have driven both. I would like an engine that gets 35 mpg and still has the horsepower, but who wouldn't, right? If you're thinking about it...get it!"

Size convient for around town; space good

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG, tows traler well, handles well,"

Cons: "Temp control butons hard to ID,"

"Purchased in Nov. 2011. Have run 20,000 miles with no problems. V-6 with 6 speed auto transmission handled pulling 1200 lbs from Kansas to Wyoming with no problems in mid summer 100 deg F heat. Maintained 75 mph in Rockey mountains would sometimes shift down to 5 th or 4th gear but maintained speed. Engine/transmission are great combination. Good torque rise on engine in mountains w/o any excessive shifting. Great acceleration for vehicle weight and size. 23.5 mpg towing trailer on 2000 mile trip to & from Wyoming. Drove to Connecticut, two adults with luggage plus 500 lbs. Escape computer showed 29.6 mpg on 1600 miles highway driving. MPG better than expected. Would liked to been able to purchase six way passenger seat option."

Nice compact SUV

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"Very well thought out design. I purchased this vehicle for my wife and it fits her to a tee. It's an SUV but in miniature. My wife is petite and for larger people like myself, interior space can be a challenge. I purchased the navigation limited edition and i am impressed on the design. Yes, there is some "excessive" noise when going from 1st through 3rd gear but this SUV is simple to drive with more than enough power in it's V6 to get you where you are going in all conditions. I am a chevy man and was more inclined to buy an Equinox but my wife insisted that we also looked at the escape and rav-4. The price, the drivability and all of the simple features won us over. I would buy again and again....."

pleasantly surprised!!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "great price, easy on the wallet"

Cons: "NONE!"

"This little suv is amazing! I was looking for a vehicle that gets great mileage and runs flex fuel. I was nervous at first because I was told flex fuel vehicles have an annoying engine noise. I have noticed absolutely NO noise. The seats are comfortable, the sync system is convenient. This suv is not 4*4, BUT it can handle its own. No mechanical issues at all. So here's the big one! I came around a corner and a teenager was coming out of an alley, texting... I was able to make a quick steering adjustment, he missed my passenger side and barely clipped my bumper. The ONLY damage that the escape ended up with was a broken tail light and a scuff mark on the bumper! I did have to dealer order the part, but the price wasn't too hard on the wallet. Thank goodness for the steering, or he would've done more damage. This one still believes in, "BUILT FORD TOUGH!""