• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Ford Escape

8.3

Based on 506 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Love this Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, easy to maintain."

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"I bought my Escape new, and have had no problems at all. I keep up with the maintenance religiously, and this SUV has been very dependable. If, and when, I trade, more than likely I will buy another Escape."

Love my Escape

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, good cargo space, dependable"

Cons: "Newer models may get better gas milage"

"I have a hard time thinking of anything negative, for anyone like me looking for a smaller SUV this is a good choice. It handles well in all conditions, I like the way the back seats fold completely down for cargo, and the heated seats..divine. Newer models may get better gas mileage, I average 21 - 22 with mostly in town driving with the occasional 100 mile round trip to Denver. I've had not trouble at all with this SUV, other than other people backing into it in parking lots,and plan on keeping it forever as I'm an older driver who wants to retire soon. I deliberately chose the Escape as I knew this would probably be my last car purchase, and I needed something for all weather, that is dependable, and that handles well. I prefer the tighter Ford suspension over a comparable Blazer I owned before. My Escape has plenty of pick up and accelerates well, I'm an older driver but not necessarily a slower driver! LOL! The Escape does not handle quite as well as my Outlander did, I notice a tiney bit more sway on corners but not much, and the Escape has had less trouble than my Outlander did. (Although I liked the Outlander a lot too, I ended up selling it because it was starting to have electrical issues, and the warrantee work would have had to have been serviced by a Mitsubishi dealer, and the only one within hundreds of miles is not a dealer I would take my car to for anything, much less service.)"

Love this vehicle a lot of $$$ savings in gas.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "That is a value for your money."

"After a little invest in maintenance at factory authorized dealer it is works fantastic never have a issue with engine or tansm I did has a lot of driving with my family and works perfectly."

4 years of trouble free driving

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

"This was our main vehicle until this summer and has never given us any problems. One recent recall was no big deal and easily taken care of. The handling is like an SUV and not the greatest but adequate. New tires this year seemed to help the steering. All in all I've been very satisfied with this Escape. We had previously owned 5 Ford Explorers so this was a downsize for us. Very similar but like the little brother to the Explorer."

We own two of them.

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Decent price"

"Have fun driving it. Also fits 4 sets of golf clubs in the back, ( first thing I check for ) ."