2009 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 590 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

5th Ford and I'm tradeing it in for my 6th

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, dependable, great mpg, stylish, smart"

Cons: "No disappointments!"

"I love my Fords because they have taken care of me and my family for 34 years. I've had a Zepher station wagon (we out grew in 2 years), 2 Custom conversion Econoline vans (10+ years each), 2 Escapes (7yrs & Hybrid 5 yrs), and now I will buy an Explorer (only because they messed up the Escape)and I now need more room for the grandchildren!"

I am very happy with my ford Escape limited.

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

"This vehicle is a great buy as well as a Dream to drive. It gets great gas mileage 25 highway 18 city. Rides great, and is real comfortable also not alot of rosd noise. I had a trailer tow package added at the factory for towing my, bass boat. Which this vehicle does very well while still getting 22 mpg. This car has plenty of power even while towing up hill. As well you don't feel the transmission, shift while towing with the 6 speed transmission. Also with the camera on the mirror while backing up it"s breeze,hooking onto your boat or camper. You don't need a, second person to watch you back up?"

A good vehicle for the money

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "good value, low operating costs so far."

Cons: "Awful upholstery fabric"

"I bought this car new. Delaware is easier on cars. Decent roads and no hills to speak of. After 3-1/2 years I only have 26669 miles on the car so it has been used sparingly. Service from the dealer has been very good. Only one minor recall. I hate the upholstery fabric but seats are comfortable. I often tow a 5x8 trailer...no problems with weight. It's not a sports car but handling is good for a small SUV. Gas mileage has been as advertised...better on long hauls. It was too late when I realized the cross braces for the roof rack were not included. RIPOFF!"

Not a good vehicle

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "None worth mentioning"

Cons: "Poor quality"

"Bought this vehicle used. Ran good for about three months, then started some major problems. Went to start vehicle and could not get it started. Something had "fused" to the engine. Had to get it towed in. In shop for one week. Suddenly lost power while going up hill. Clutch installed at factory defective. Had new clutch and seals put in under warrenty. In shop for 2.5 weeks. Dashboard lights seem to come on/off randomly at times. Dealer has no answer/solution for this at this time. All in all, am very disappointed in this vehicle. Bought this SUV for my wife. She is afraid to drive it for fear of when the next time it will break down for no real reason. Now I have to trade this off, at a loss of course, because Ford is not able to build a decent vehicle of any quality. I will never buy another Ford product."

Car seats are aweful

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"The 2008 XLT is the 2nd Ford Escape that I had owned. I orginally bought a 2004 XLT and jsut loved the SUV. The Escape is perfect size for myself, husband and our dog. When we have the grandbabies the size is good also. I bought the 2008 due to the mileage that I had put on my 2004. The seats are the worst I have had. If there is a drop of water that lands on the seats it stains the seat. You have to do a complete shampooing of the whole seat to remove that spot. The seats are uncomfortable on long trips. I had the 2008 for 1 year and traded it for a new 2009 Ford Escape Limited with leather seats. Once again I am in love with my Escape. However,I would Never reccommend the 2008 with cloth seats."