2009 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 586 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

pleasantly surprised!!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "great price, easy on the wallet"

Cons: "NONE!"

"This little suv is amazing! I was looking for a vehicle that gets great mileage and runs flex fuel. I was nervous at first because I was told flex fuel vehicles have an annoying engine noise. I have noticed absolutely NO noise. The seats are comfortable, the sync system is convenient. This suv is not 4*4, BUT it can handle its own. No mechanical issues at all. So here's the big one! I came around a corner and a teenager was coming out of an alley, texting... I was able to make a quick steering adjustment, he missed my passenger side and barely clipped my bumper. The ONLY damage that the escape ended up with was a broken tail light and a scuff mark on the bumper! I did have to dealer order the part, but the price wasn't too hard on the wallet. Thank goodness for the steering, or he would've done more damage. This one still believes in, "BUILT FORD TOUGH!""

Size convient for around town; space good

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG, tows traler well, handles well,"

Cons: "Temp control butons hard to ID,"

"Purchased in Nov. 2011. Have run 20,000 miles with no problems. V-6 with 6 speed auto transmission handled pulling 1200 lbs from Kansas to Wyoming with no problems in mid summer 100 deg F heat. Maintained 75 mph in Rockey mountains would sometimes shift down to 5 th or 4th gear but maintained speed. Engine/transmission are great combination. Good torque rise on engine in mountains w/o any excessive shifting. Great acceleration for vehicle weight and size. 23.5 mpg towing trailer on 2000 mile trip to & from Wyoming. Drove to Connecticut, two adults with luggage plus 500 lbs. Escape computer showed 29.6 mpg on 1600 miles highway driving. MPG better than expected. Would liked to been able to purchase six way passenger seat option."

Nice compact SUV

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"Very well thought out design. I purchased this vehicle for my wife and it fits her to a tee. It's an SUV but in miniature. My wife is petite and for larger people like myself, interior space can be a challenge. I purchased the navigation limited edition and i am impressed on the design. Yes, there is some "excessive" noise when going from 1st through 3rd gear but this SUV is simple to drive with more than enough power in it's V6 to get you where you are going in all conditions. I am a chevy man and was more inclined to buy an Equinox but my wife insisted that we also looked at the escape and rav-4. The price, the drivability and all of the simple features won us over. I would buy again and again....."

Better than expected

By on Sunday, April 5, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle based on economic logic. To my surprise, I really like the car. It drives very comfortably and has plenty of space. The gas mileage really can be 34 mph and even higher, depending on how you drive: slow city driving, bumper to bumper jams and rolling through foothills you can easily get 40 mpg. Unfortuantely, I am a freeway driver and always in a hurry. I tend to get about 27 - 28 mpg with my driving habits. My first impression is that is was made for a man -- everything is flat and hard, not curvey or soft. The seat was uncomfortable at first. I don't know if it molded to my body or if I just got used to it. But, after 7,000 miles I don't notice it any more. It has plenty of power for my needs -- typical mom stuff. Very quiet when in electric mode, a bit noisy when using gas but not as noisey as a typical truck. I love the Sync -- it makes so much sense and is easy to set up & use. I just tell my car to call home and talk like my family is in the car with me. Sync my iPod, plug in my laptop, etc. Very techno friendly. I have been a toyota driver for 30 years and really wanted a Lexus Hybrid, but could not justify the cost to mileage ratio. I was very reluctant to switch to Ford but now I am glad I gave it a chance."

2008 not the best year for the Ford Escape.

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

"2008 was not the best year for the Ford Escape. Early on had trouble with the transmission fluid cooler. Water pump went out early. The heating and cooling system is difficult to adjust. The glove box is a little small. The gas mileage is not bad for a V-6, can get 23-25 highway if I hold the speed to 65 or less and the road is not too hilly. Do like that V-6, gives plenty of pep and is really holding up well after 120,000 miles. Like driving it and hope to keep it to 200,000."