2009 Ford Escape

8.3

Based on 527 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Traded 07 Rav 4 in for it.Great decision.

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "great price,fun to drive"

Cons: "emergency brake release hard to reach"

"This is a great suv. It still rides,looks & handles like it did when I bought it new. There were a couple of recall problems & dealer took care of them. Glad I bought the 6cyl. avg. 22.6 mpg with plenty of power."

I love this car. Best car in the snow.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Great price, very good mileage."

"This car is just the right size. Very manueverable, great gas mileage. I love all the features of my Limited edition. It is the best car I have ever driven in the snow. I used to be concerned about the weather and roads, now I don't even check it. Great peace of mind. I have told many people, if I am having trouble, no one should be out on the roads. We should all be home."

Very good experience

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Bigger cup holder"

"I've driven this vehicle for about four years. Now and have nothing negative to say...."

Vehicle is wonderful!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive; wonderful gas mileage"

Cons: "need a bigger cargo & separate cooling control"

"The only reason I'm considering selling/trading this vehicle in is I want a bigger vehicle for my dogs. I'm looking at a minivan which will accommodate 2 dog crates as well as 4 people (or more dog "stuff"). The gas mileage is awesome (averaging 30.4); it's comfortable; and I adore the back-up camera."

Great truck for Michigan winters! Handles GREAT!

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Looks, handleing, fuel milage."

Cons: "Gas tank could be larger."

"Nice sized for me. We have had three of these vehicles so far, all have been VERY reliable and for the MOST part trouble free. Ford and our dealer have taken care of any troubles at no cost. They put in a new tranny at 18K after they tried to fix it...has been trouble free ever since. Fantastic in the snow. Great handleing on rain slicked expressways, snowy roads in the country, on down the line. I recommend these to anyone and everyone."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "Great all around vehicle to drive -"

Cons: "None that I am concerned about"

"Bought this vehicle at the beginning of 2014 with 18,235 miles on it. Since then have driven it quite a bit. For a new car it is dependable - no issues - use the sync - doesn't have the gps screen nor the backup camera - I know how to turn around to look behind me. However it does have GPS directions using services - which is a subscribed to provider free for a year. The best I have done over the road on the highway was around 24 MPG. However on a trip to upstate NY I did manage to average 28 MPG for awhile. The V-6 is the way to go - plenty of power - automatic lighting system - headlights come on by light sensor. Great Great visibility all around - the side view mirrors have a small magnafied lense for blind spot view. Heated leather seats along with heated side mirrors when you turn on the rear window defroster. The vehicle has been great easy to park - and the price of tires won't kill you - 16" can be bought for under $100 ea. The front bumper is plastic but all new vehicles are doing that so even though it's an issue for some people that's the way it is. Great car and got it for a great price"

use focus more due to gas mileage

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "hitch-drive our focus more so low mileage"

"want to trade in for 2015 escape feel safe for large trips and wife loves the escape"

Dependable,drives well,storage capacity is perfect

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "Priced right and dependable"

Cons: "Changed model looks in 2013. Now a hybrid."

"Use this vehicle for my business deliveries and pick ups. Cargo space is more than adequate easy to lower seats and return to regular position. Comfortable driving seat, AC/Heat is exceptional. Regular Maintenance will keep this vehicle running a long time. Use it for personal us, recreational use."

Great truck

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "Handling, comfort, gas mileage"

"Traded in my 2013 Outback (crummy A/C and guzzled oil) for a 2012 Escape. Best decision I ever made. Great vehicle!"

Very good vehicle

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "Great price, easy to drive and plenty of power."

Cons: "Rear leg room."

"I love everything about this vehicle except leg room in the rear seats. Maybe I should have went to a dealer that had some explorers in stock when we purchased this one. Our grandchildren`s feet dug into our backs as they grew taller in their car seats."

Perfect car

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Just about everything"

Cons: "Cup holders are in odd location"

"Absolutely love this suv. I'm 5'5 and don't have to reach or lean to put items in the backseat or back of it. Also, I can get into and out of it without climbing or straining; no skirt problems. I have had zero issues with this vehicle. For the life of the vehicle I've gotten 25 mpg, which is great for SUVs from 2011. It is easy to drive and the auto functions make it very easy to keep eyes on the road. Love the leather seats;even kids can clean this car up. With the moonroof I never feel closed in."

Love This Vehicle

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage; great room; sits high"

Cons: "None for me."

"I purchased this vehicle in February 2011 and have been very happy with it since the first day. I like the way it looks; the boxy look. The interior works well for me. I have a dog so I often put the back seats up and down, and it's a quick and easy task to do. The seats are very comfortable, at least the driver's seat. I've never ridden in any other seat. Overall, it is a more sound vehicle when compared to other SUVs of the same size. The doors are heavier and close with a good sound, including the cargo door. The vehicle is a 4 cylinder and it has a lot of power. There is no problem accelerating when passing as long as one isn't afraid to give it gas. I get 28+ MPG on the open highway and 25+ in the city/suburb. It is almost 4 years old and has 48,000 miles on it. I intend to keep it at least another 4 years and another 48,000 miles."

Nice 4WD

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "good room inside for car seats, drives nice"

Cons: "rides a little stiff."

"we bought this car used, for the 4WD ,as my other 2 are very low slung and deep snow would tear off some of the air deflectors, and more room for two car seats for my grand kids. It is a very good car, but the mileage isn't as good as the two PHEVs that I have. it does get around 18-22 MPG, but that is far away from the others. 48,000 miles and no problems. good car. I have owned 4 other Escapes."

one owner in perfect conidition

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

"I feel to receive maximum trade in value the time is now."

Outstanding Buy

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Cloth interior vs leather"

"This automobile comes with four snow tires. It has just had a brand new transmission installed with warranty. Most of the miles are highway miles. It has been maintained on a "map" every 5,ooo miles. No children, strictly a company car until I purchased for myself. Never been involved in an accident. In very good shape."

Basic Comforts

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "Great car for driving local or long distance!!"

Cons: "Interior is not comfy & it's noisy!"

"My 2002 Escape was totaled in an accident. I considered other vehicles, but figured I really loved my "Old-scape". My 2009 "New-scape" is NOT nearly as much fun or have as much character. Much of the "updated" interior design features were far less satisfactory, leaving me longing for the "Old-scape". First of all, I prefer a manual transmissions, which meant a more basic car and upgrades were not an option due to this preference. 1) Emergency Brake Location (Thumbs Down) -I didn't like that the E-Brake is a "step on" rather than center pull, where you can control the "uphill" driving. 2) Handles (Thumbs Down) - They removed all but ONE "hang on" handle. 3) Nooks & Tucks. Not a lot of "storage" space for all the little things that I liked to tuck away, like my phone, chargers, note pads, glasses, etc.. 4) The vinyl covering of the center box (Thumbs Down!!!) There is nothing so uncomfortable and "wears you out" as quickly as the 'grip' covering they have on the handles and center seat/box. Just "NO"! Good Stuff: It's been a good little car overall. It has hauled a 10x20 trailer up outta the LA region's I5 Grapevine without issues. We've put over 8K miles on it in one trip across country! It's an energizer... just keeps going, and going, and going. Easy to drive, turns and parking are just like driving a car."

Very Versatile

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "cavernous! reliable surefooted"

Cons: "wish it had power recline and power passenger seat"

"AWD, 4 cylinder, Limited with every option except NAV. I can squeeze 28 mpg on a road trip, load it up and go! Great little SUV the 4 banger is a little noisy but not bad, The SYNC has some quirks but you just have to reprogram every six months or so."

3yrs old and body is rusting . Do not buy a Escape

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

"Junk"

Nice, simple vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Space, efficiency, looks, very economical."

Cons: "Weak engine."

"I love my Escape. It sits up a little higher than cars, there's plenty of room. Very flexible seating for fitting in large or oddly shaped items. Some complain about the cheap plastic materials on the doors and dash, but I like it. It's durable and cleans easily, something you want in a vehicle like this, especially if you carry dogs with you. The 4 cylinder engine works pretty hard, the 6 is the clear winner for performance, without much reduction in gas mileage. But my unit works just fine for me. It looks great, doesn't cost a lot of money to fill. Reliable and not pretentious."

Excelent, family vehicle

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

"4 cylinder engine needs a little more power for driving in hilly terrain or mountains. Otherwise its a great little car that Ford has ruined with the newer model Escapes on smaller platforms that did away with the roominess of the vehicle."

do you wont depended car? do you wont good price?

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "pleanty of room ,enjoy driveing it, good priced"

Cons: "no cig. lighter, no ash tray"

"had this car for 3 years, have never had any trouble with it. then this is car for you. would tell anyone that this car is a very good car. very comfort, and handles very good , and i am a short person and i love it because it puts me up high enouth that i can see out very good!!! for this i will say perfeck for short people"

Love this Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, easy to maintain."

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"I bought my Escape new, and have had no problems at all. I keep up with the maintenance religiously, and this SUV has been very dependable. If, and when, I trade, more than likely I will buy another Escape."

Love my Escape

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, good cargo space, dependable"

Cons: "Newer models may get better gas milage"

"I have a hard time thinking of anything negative, for anyone like me looking for a smaller SUV this is a good choice. It handles well in all conditions, I like the way the back seats fold completely down for cargo, and the heated seats..divine. Newer models may get better gas mileage, I average 21 - 22 with mostly in town driving with the occasional 100 mile round trip to Denver. I've had not trouble at all with this SUV, other than other people backing into it in parking lots,and plan on keeping it forever as I'm an older driver who wants to retire soon. I deliberately chose the Escape as I knew this would probably be my last car purchase, and I needed something for all weather, that is dependable, and that handles well. I prefer the tighter Ford suspension over a comparable Blazer I owned before. My Escape has plenty of pick up and accelerates well, I'm an older driver but not necessarily a slower driver! LOL! The Escape does not handle quite as well as my Outlander did, I notice a tiney bit more sway on corners but not much, and the Escape has had less trouble than my Outlander did. (Although I liked the Outlander a lot too, I ended up selling it because it was starting to have electrical issues, and the warrantee work would have had to have been serviced by a Mitsubishi dealer, and the only one within hundreds of miles is not a dealer I would take my car to for anything, much less service.)"

Love this vehicle a lot of $$$ savings in gas.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "That is a value for your money."

"After a little invest in maintenance at factory authorized dealer it is works fantastic never have a issue with engine or tansm I did has a lot of driving with my family and works perfectly."

4 years of trouble free driving

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

"This was our main vehicle until this summer and has never given us any problems. One recent recall was no big deal and easily taken care of. The handling is like an SUV and not the greatest but adequate. New tires this year seemed to help the steering. All in all I've been very satisfied with this Escape. We had previously owned 5 Ford Explorers so this was a downsize for us. Very similar but like the little brother to the Explorer."