• 2014 Compact SUVs

2008 Ford Escape

8.2

Based on 456 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Cons: "NOT EVEN !"

"Never thought I would ever buy an SUV. We have gotten 23 MPG + on our trips to PA and Wildwood NY. Premium Sound with a Sub in the back trim panel, POUNDS the tunes. Gutsy 3.0 L DOHC engine makes passing a breeze. Two times the 3.0 L in our 2008 Escape. The MP3 and Thumb Drive, voice-addressible function thru the Sync System is fantastic. On Board Navigation is outstanding. Ours is Sangria Red, has the 17" Shiny Custom Rims and is a SHOWPIECE!! I keep it spotless, except for the MESSY Central NY Winters. Tons of comments from lots of folks. Great traveling vehicle. Very comfortable, excellent handling and enjoyable all around. The 2011 is a Work of Art! The stock Back-up Camera, Back-up Proximity Warning and uniquely arranged side mirror glass, are great safety features. Multiple air bags and side safety curtains, enhance the overall feeling of driving Safety."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"Great all around SUV"

After 2 Years rattles and is a very rough

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Nice size"

Cons: "falls apart and noisy"

"It feels like it is falling apart. Rattles, wind noise, road noise, feels cheep and is not typical ford quality. I am disappointed because it is the perfect size and interior is a good design. Would have kept it forever, but forever is 2 years, am getting ready to trade it in."

i would say best vehicle that i have own.

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Cons: "needs cig.lighter, and ash trays"

"this car is very comfort. handing ,b reaking, this c g ar is just all round very good!!!! iwould buy this car again, less just say i love driving this car."

Love my Baby SUV!!!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, Beautiful color, Great Navigation System"

Cons: "Gas Mileage is OK, 20.5 mpg on highway (@70 mph)"

"I love my little red Escape. I wanted a small SUV that actually looked like a SUV, not like a car. The 2010 Escape is one of the last vehicles that actually look like a small SUV. I love this little SUV. It has plenty of room in the passenger compartment and in the rear cargo area. I absolutely love the color, Sangria Red with the Camel leather interior. It's a Limited edition and the chrome grill and roof racks really sets it off! I've never had any problems with it at all. Which is a lot more than I can say for the last new Maxima I owned!"

Great hybrid - excellent mileage for size 2 tons

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive. Full of pep, corners well."

Cons: "Poor cruise control , no handles over rear doors"

"Unlike the Toyota Prius, this car moves when you put your foot on the gas (good safety feature). Good head & legroom. Has outside thermometer. Too bad the 2014s no longer have a hybrid option. On the downside, no handles over the back doors, cruise control is poor. Picks up speed on downhill, slows on uphill (can be dangerous). Real nuisance to lay rear seats down, whoever designed that feature is a sadist."

Good Car So Far

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

"A few complaints. After a rain or washing, lift the back gate and water trickled down onto the floor. I jury rigged a rubber gasket and this seems to do the job as I hear Ford won't do anything about it or claim it can't be fixed. Before you buy, check it out Second: the lighting control switch is in a bad spot for me. Always brushing with me knee going out and changing a setting Third: digital read out is too low on the instrument panel to be seen while driving. I have to lean forward and peer over the steering wheel to read the info. Bought this base model 2010 XLT model car in late 2013 used. So far no problems with engine or transmission. I don't like the db level of road noise. I think it is noisier than it could be, but acceptable. Impression of very roomy due to marvelous amount of headroom. RECYCLED seat cover material is ok but feels a little like burlap. Ford touts "green". But really? Recycled material for seat covers? If they wanted green crank it up another MPG or Two. Like the box look of the car (just call me pragmatic). Pick up is good on the engine and am getting about 27 avg. mpg. Not stuck in daily commutes however. I run cars to 160-170k miles and then trade. Expect this one to get me there with no major engine or transmission troubles. So far, no reason to think otherwise"

Overall great SUV

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Good visibility, good handling"

Cons: "Not great gas mileage"

"I love my Escape. My decision to buy it was clinched because it has a boxier design that allows for bigger windows and more all-around visibility; this also makes for a roomier feel inside. Nice big outside mirrors give good all-around the car visibility. The 6-cylinder engine gives me plenty of get-up-and go (haven't tried the 2013 4-cylinder);gas mileage isn't truly great but not terrible. Highway driving is very comfortable. Handling is very good. No complaints about this car - Ford covered all the bases."

Economical 4 cylinder; easy to drive.

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Economical and dependable."

Cons: "None."

"My 2012 Ford Escape Limited front wheel drive provides great economy, and handles the snow better than any other front wheel drive vehicle that I have ever driven. It is loaded with moonroof, leather, and chrome wheels, and all the other features that come with the Limited package. I am very pleased with this vehicle, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a dependable ride. The 4 cylinder engine provides plenty of power for a smaller engine, and delivers 24 miles to the gallon combined city and highway driving. Also, would make a great kids car that would be dependable on the highway and through the winter months."

best vehicle ever!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "great car"

"this has been a great car."

money pit. WORST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "it looks nice. not bad on gas"

Cons: "transmission failed gas pedal cable broke warning"

"Bought car off assembly line and had nothing but problems. The service dept knows me by vehicle when I come in (about once a month or so). Still under extended warranty and have spent OVER $3000.00 in RePAIRS."

I couldn't own a better car

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "great mpg for V6 AWD, cargo space, fun to drive"

Cons: "visor screws come loose"

"I needed an off-road vehicle with minor towing capacity that would also serve as a daily commuter vehicle. I compared many different makes and models and couldn't be happier with my choice. I get way better than the EPA rated gas mileage, usually 28 hwy/frwy and 22 in town only. It's survived some questionable off-road terrain (while the clearance is better than most, it's no truck) and it performs great in the snow and doesn't get knocked around in the wind. My rating for quality is simply a reflection that this isn't a luxury model but the only thing I really have a problem with is that the visor screws like to get a little loose which is annoying. SYNC is great, although sometimes hilarious when trying to pronounce proper names. Seats folded down or not I can pack a lot of stuff into this car: patio pavers, trees, three large dogs, camping gear, shop equipment, etc. There is not one thing I wanted this car to do that it could not do. I have several friends and family members with Escapes (prior to the body change in 2013) and they all agree that this is the best car! Highly recommended."

love this car !!!!

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "fune to drive, great sporty handling"

Cons: "seats are very easily stained even with water"

"best car ive ever owned I plan on staying with this model line for years to come"

Always something wrong

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Is nice to drive on highway."

"Bought new. Needed Software update for transmission. Nine months before dealer acknowledged with recall. Needed new Wiper within months. Electronic Throttle needed repair. Out of pocket until agreed to a recall. electic Driver seat loose because "track" broken. First inspection needed "BOOT" grease leaked out. What the heck. Five years 32,000 miles. Garage kept at home and work."

Good solid vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "4 years still runs and looks like new"

"No problems what so ever Just normal maintenance, 7500 miles between oil changes is a savings"

A good car but has some quality issues

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Overall a fun car that performed ok"

Cons: "Quality and comfort."

"Bought this car new. Within a year the gasket that lines the interior of the defrost opening popped through in two places. Switch that controls heating fan died and had to be replaced. This seems to be an issue with Ford OEM supplier as my previous vehicle, an Explorer, also had a switch die. This is what will cause me to look to other manufacturers after 40 + years driving Ford. The single most uncomfortable drivers seat on a long trip ever made. Takes about 150 miles to really get uncomfortable. Otherwise vehicle has performed ok."

I bought this suv in 2009.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Excellent vehicle; good gas milage; easy to drive"

Cons: "No negative issues whatsoever"

"This has been an excellent vehicle with absolutely no breakdowns or issues since I purchased it in 2009."

Very good investment

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "You get what you pay for"

Cons: "Blind spot"

"Never had a problem with it good gas mileage, great driving, there is one thing I have in its design there is a blind spot or blind corner when backing out to your back right. So to element or compensate for this I try to park in the pull position."

I am happy with my Escape

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

"I have had this vehicle approx. 18 months. I am very pleased with it. It handles very good around my area and on expressways. I have only two issues of a comfort/ convenience nature. 1) As the driver,the heat doesn't blow on my feet well enough, 2)When I have a passenger there is not a convenient place to put my purse. These are minor inconveniences, probably on most vehicles."

Excellent mileage

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Corners well, quick speed pickup, great mileage"

Cons: "Poor cruise control, no handles over back seats"

"Averaged 32 mpg between city & freeway driving, great mileage for a 2-ton car. Surprisingly nice & peppy. Step on the gas and it picks right up immediately, no delays. Corners well. I don't have to slow down for curves. Comfortable seats, good radio/CD player. On the downside, the back bumper gets cracks on corners. Would be easier to climb into if it didn't have a high lip in the doorways. Lacks handles over back seats due to all the batteries. Very poor cruise control. Dealer says its due to the variable speed transmission. Overall though, a really nice car."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, really practical, and fun to drive"

Cons: "Side view pkg asst beeps exiting garage, minor."

"I have previously owned 2 Chevys, 3 Toyotas, 1 Nissan, a BMW, a Cadillac, 2 Jeep Grand Cherokees, and 4 Fords. My 2012 Ford Escape is the best car of all. I opted for the upgraded leather interior, towing package, parking assist, and v-6 engine. It looks good; is extremely comfortable and safe to drive on long trips; offers great driver visibility in all directions; has good back seat comfort; is unstoppable in snow, mud and ice; handy to park in smaller city parking spaces; can tow a 3500 lb. trailer; can carry my canoe or kayak on the roof, plus an unbelievable amount of personal effects, tools and cargo in the interior;it really gets 20 city and 22 highway MPG; and has gone 44,000 miles in 2 1/2 years with zero problems. My elderly relatives can enter and exit with ease. The sound system is excellent and the interior lighting package is cool. I am proud to own and drive this triumph of American engineering and ingenuity. For me, it has been just about the perfect car."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25