2006 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1245 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Very nice small SUV

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I have enjoyed my Ford Escape. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned with few mechanical problems, mostly normal wear and tear. For an SUV it gets very good gas mileage, even still being over 10 years old. I will most likely buy another other one once this one has seen its better days. I recommend this vehicle if you are looking for a small, yet versitile SUV."

Love this vehicle!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfortable with decent MPG."

"I have owned this vehicle for almost 7 years, put over 200,000 miles on her and have not had major issues! Largest expense was a new alternator (approx. $450). Other than that it has been all routine maintance: oil changes, and tires. It even gets decent gas mileage, ranging on average for me at 22-24 MPG. I have moved several times in the past, and other than large pieces of furniture can fit just about everything in the vehicle, when folding the back seats, great size trunk in general too!"

Would buy this again.

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Bought this vehicle used with 20,000 miles. Little to limited maintenance. Changed oil every 3,000 miles. Starts everytime, great handling, super 4 wheel drive characteristics. Hopefully Ford has kept up with its standards."

Blown away

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"For a while my wife had wanted an Escape and with the gas prices soaring this spring/summer she said she wanted a hybrid. After seeing the 2008's we both agreed we liked the exterior styling of the 2007 models much better. We were able to find an 07 with every available option and with only 6000 miles (the previous owner took an unexpected retirement and bought a large boat so he traded this vehicle in for a large F series to haul his boat). We've had the vehicle for a few weeks and these are our impressions beginning with the positives. The POWERTRAIN is exceptional. We get fuel economy as advertised. I found with a smooth gas pedal and low speed city driving I can approach 40 miles per gallon! The Constant Variable Transmission is exceptionally smooth as there are no gear shifts occuring. The constant switching of the powertrain from electric only to gas plus electric to gas only to recharging the batteries during coastdowns and braking is nearly seemless. An untrained person would never know this switching is occuring. Word from Ford development engineers is the powertrain is bulletproof and should never fail. The only component that will need servicing in the future will be the batteries and though I understand they are quite expensive, should be more than paid for by the money saved with fuel. The electronic message center is super cool. It has a navigation system which has worked very well. The sound system is all I could ask for in a vehicle of this type. The field of vision is excellent and the seats are very comfortable. There is also good back seat room and adequate storage room behind the back seats. Though I've read about some people thinking storage was inadequate, we feel it is good. The center console, glove box, and door pockets all offer front passenger storage options and there are two front seat drink holders in the console. If I were designing my perfect vehicle I would change just a few things. There is a slightly moderate amount of interior road noise which is really not too bad, however I would try to make it quieter. Also the vehicle tends to wander slightly, especially on highways though this may be a funtion of a short wheelbase vehicle and low rolling resistance tires combined with 4 wheel drive. Finally the interior though premium seems like it could have been made a little more plush. The leather seating material is a little stiff as opposed to soft leather I find in luxary vehicles. We would highly recommend the hybrid Escape to anyone looking for a vehicle in this class."

Best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable,"

"One of the must reliable vehicles I've owned. The V6 has good power, tows trailers well, if you floor it will push you back in seat and break the tires loose. Lots of cargo room, with or with out the back seats folded down."

The most comfortable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "I think my review pretty well tells them all"

Cons: "As mentioned the AC compressor"

"I have owned the Escape since new with the only problem being a cracked AC compressor that had to be replaced (however we live in a very hot area and it gets usage all the time at least 8 months of the year) I have a bad back and have found this the most comfortable seating I have ever found. My biggest fear is getting a new vehicle and never finding one as comfortable. This is the only vehicle that gives me the support and comfort where I can drive for hours with no discomfort. I also find the gas mileage good for the size of the vehicle. I live in a hilly area and find the in town mileage is about 25 mpg. However, my highway mileage is usually in the range of 34 mpg. The car has held up well with no work done other than regular service and the one problem with the AC compressor. The paint is still like new (other than a couple of parking lot door dings). The leather interior and carpets are still like new (I keep floor mats in the car). The leather is still soft and supple with no cracks or tears. I love the cargo area and find the fold down rear seats great for over size items. We occasionally have our two granddaughters and find it easy to install the child safety seats. The original price was a little high, but I think it was well worth the expense and just hope I can find another car I like as well when it comes time to get a new one."

Wonderful vehicle, only one issue thus far!

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Everything...'cept..."

Cons: "exhaust issues."

"The XLS has been an awesome vehicle...the only issue was pertaining to the exhaust- the third (standard) catalytic converter had gotten stopped up and needed to be removed. Other than this issue it has been great, gas mileage is very appealing and is great as it is a four cylinder. The interior is very comfortable and stylish without being unpractical. Just be sure to treat your bumpers to prevent discoloration. The spare should be full-sized as well, but that is an easy fix. I absolutely love my car, it has been a joy so far and I am in love with it. <3"

Love my car... but

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I love my ford escape but at 70,000 it's starting to have problems (muffler fell off, emergency brake had to be replaced, spring came out of motor valve, moon roof motor has been replaced twice). I love my car, how it feels, how it looks, how it drives, but I question the quality, to be having these kinds of problems at 70,000."

Second one!

By on Sunday, May 20, 2007

"I loved my 2003 Escape so much but was gettting up close to 100,000 without the extended warranty. What did I trade it in for? ANOTHER Escape! Very pleased w/ my new 2007 Escape."

LOVED this car!

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Reason: needed more space

Pros: "Fun to drive all year round! Great gas mileage!"

Cons: "rethink if you have small kids."

"I bought my 2003 Ford Escape XLS in January of 2005 with 70000 miles on it. It was a program car, hence the higher mileage. It was awesome. Extremely reliable. Great clearance height for awesome winter driving without 4WD. I was impressed with this SUV for having a comfortable ride, good gas mileage for an SUV, roomy and lots of space for hauling things with the back seat folded down. The A/C was as cold as cold could be and it always started in the winter months without issue. I hit a deer once with it going about 55 MPH and barely felt the impact. I felt very safe in this SUV. The damage was minimal so I had it repaired. The only reason I sold it was because we had a child and there wasn't enough room when we went on long trips with a pack and play, stroller, luggage, and all the other things kids come with. The only money I ever put into it was replacing coils which isn't expensive if you know how to do it yourself (my brother did it for me). Tires can be a little pricey too (a set of 4 ran me about $600 with install and everything). I will totally buy another one after our kids are bigger and don't need strollers and pack and plays."