2005 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1226 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Very nice small SUV

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I have enjoyed my Ford Escape. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned with few mechanical problems, mostly normal wear and tear. For an SUV it gets very good gas mileage, even still being over 10 years old. I will most likely buy another other one once this one has seen its better days. I recommend this vehicle if you are looking for a small, yet versitile SUV."

just turn the key and go

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cons: "location of the ignition is awkward"

"I have owned this car since 2005 and have never had any major problems with it. I do the maintenance, the oil changes etc. It starts up it goes, its dependable - it handles well in snow and slush though the front wheel drive took some getting used to- previously I drove standard transmission fords. Am a ford person thru and thru. Love the compact size of this SUV and can still pack it full of stuff- back seat is a little tight but.... its only us and the dogs."

Great Value

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

"The only problem I had was transmission trouble at 70,000 miles. A fellow rebuilt it for me for $1,400 and provided a 36/36 warranty. The original tires lasted 95,000 miles and it still has the original brakes. I averaged 27.5 MPG on the highway when using 100% gasoline."

Could not be more happy!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and utility."

Cons: "15 city mpg"

"We bought this car new and have been driving, towing, touring, commuting for the last 12 years with this dependable Ford. I use it now for my daily commuting to work and around town. The CD player gave out last year but everything else still works. We have dutifully performed oil changes and beside tires/breaks we have only had to replace the water pump but at 10 years I consider that regular maintenance. My only knock at this point is the gas mileage and the fact that it is starting to feel old, but with no car payments for the last 7+ years I truly could not be happier."

Love this vehicle!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfortable with decent MPG."

"I have owned this vehicle for almost 7 years, put over 200,000 miles on her and have not had major issues! Largest expense was a new alternator (approx. $450). Other than that it has been all routine maintance: oil changes, and tires. It even gets decent gas mileage, ranging on average for me at 22-24 MPG. I have moved several times in the past, and other than large pieces of furniture can fit just about everything in the vehicle, when folding the back seats, great size trunk in general too!"