2005 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1224 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Reliable so far, not much to complain about

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Gas mlg, easy to park,decent quality, vry reliable"

Cons: "Interior roof handles too low, sticky rear hatch"

"Bought this 2003 with 110K and now I have about 150K. Driven it for about 2 years. Had to replace water pump. Very minor rust repair, other than that, very reliable, decent gas mileage. Have the limited version. COuld be I just got lucky with the 40K I've put on it but it's probably one of the most problem-free cars I've ever owned, and I've owned almost 100 cars, although usually not for this long. It's a very short vehicle so it's easy to park, etc. and yet seems to have a good amount of room and I'm 6'5. Did have some problem with the rear latch sticking but after and cleaning and oiling the mechanism that went away. Local mechanics can fix just about everything so repair cost and maintenace are reasonable, if there is such a thing."

305,000 miles & still running

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Bought new in 01 and now have 305,000 miles. Did have to rebuild the transmission at 245,000, but still has original water pump, alternator, starter, etc. Gas mileage was 24-25 mph on the road for first 4 years. Now getting around 22. Lots of room to haul with the seats down. I have carried 4X8 sheets of plywood many times by angling them in the back and leaving the hatch open. I love it!!!"

impressive vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "good fuel ecomony with 4WD"

Cons: "some little nuisances"

"I bought this from my dad a year and a half ago with 199,000 miles and i've been very pleased with it. Very little maintenance, considering most of its life has been on gravel. With the exception of a $20 rear brake line, i've just had to do routine maintenance. Gets good gas mileage for a V6 and 4WD. I average 15-16 city 21-22 highway but have gotten as good as 27 MPG by driving 55 MPH. Very good on snow although the only winter ive driven it in was this last very mild and warm winter. My only complaints would be some of the small electronic motors (rear wiper, passenger window) are starting to slow down, when its cold out when starting I have to slightly rev the engine for a little bit to keep it running, and occasionally when driving, the 4WD will attempt to kick on when its not needed but with this many miles i'm not surprised. Would definitely recommend"

Very nice small SUV

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I have enjoyed my Ford Escape. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned with few mechanical problems, mostly normal wear and tear. For an SUV it gets very good gas mileage, even still being over 10 years old. I will most likely buy another other one once this one has seen its better days. I recommend this vehicle if you are looking for a small, yet versitile SUV."

Excellent runner, love the space and features

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, low maint, tenacious in snow and ice"

Cons: "ignition switch in awkward position"

"We have 260,000 plus miles. Other than things you would expect to wear out at 100,000-plus miles, it has been very low maintenance. It has never gotten stuck in our WI winters. It has survived seven accidents with wayward deer. Very comfortable to ride long distances. Sound system is quite nice. Love it, Love it, Love it!!"