2005 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1190 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

great size but terrible gas mileage

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "great size, decent value"

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"Overall, the escape was a good vehicle. It was a perfect size for one person with a dog and occasional passengers. Roomy seating, sufficient hauling area. Horrible gas mileage, however, like 14 mpg! I was very satisfied with the value I got from it and loved having no payments for a few years. I no longer have this vehicle becasue it randomly caught on fire last week. I went to turn around in a parking lot and heard a "pop" and it immediately starting smoking and burning under the hood. Needless to say, I am now car shopping."

great family car for 13 years

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

"My dad bought the escape 2nd hand in practically new condition, in 2002 or 2003. Passed it down to me in 2007 when my mom got a new kia sportage. It's held together just as well as the 6 year newer kia. It's ran perfect, except for the time my sister in law ran it out of oil & blew the engine :( replaced the engine with a 60,000 mile used engine, & it's ran great since the swap. The v6 engine is a stud. My only complaint with this car has been that the stereo doesn't sound good, even after adding subs and an aftermarket cd player - not sure if it's the acoustics or cheap factory speakers, but it just won't drown out the road noise, which can be pretty significant. Been a great car though."

Absolutely Loved This Car - 2004 Ford Escape

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Low Maintenance, Easy to drive, Relable"

Cons: "Texas Heat, some upholstery came loose"

"Let me say that in the past 10 years I have had friends that have had 2 to 3 different cars because of problems they have had. None of them owned a Ford Escape. I cannot not stress enough how liable this car has been for me. The main reason I have kept for sooo long! You know when you have a good thing why change it. It has been low maintenance, great running car. The pick up this car has can leave a lot of other make cars in the dust. I enjoy the size, not too big and not too small. I will have to say I am not that impressed with the newer styles that the Escape has changed to. I still see several of us older models on the road still running strong. Love, Love this car!"

A very good 4 wheel SUV

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and very reliable"

Cons: "Not happy with Ford dealership prices for repairs!"

"Purchased it new and have enjoyed it for 10 years and 134,000 miles"

I wish I didn't have so many problems!

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, fun to drive, nice design"

Cons: "A lot of mechanical problems after 100k miles"

"I absolutely love the design, size, versatility and drive of this car. However, since I bought it used 2 years ago I have put almost half of what I paid into repairing it only to have it continuously break down to this day. I bought it used with 2 previous owners with 180k miles on it. After 6 months of having it I had to replace the alternator, radiator, and all three catalytic converters. Since then the catalytic converters have clogged twice. Several mechanics have said that this is a common problem with the Escapes. This may have just been one weird experience with this model but I have not found it very reliable at all."