• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2005 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1161 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Just the right size for me.

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "fair price, fun to drive, easy to park"

"Have really enjoyed this car. It's very reliable."

I love this vehicle

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, comfort, dependable"

Cons: "no remote start"

"I bought this vehicle brand new in 2004. Though I love it so much, I have really beat it to death and it is time to retire it. It is burning through approximately one quart of oil every week and a half. I am hoping to get another vehicle that I enjoyed as much. The gas mileage was awesome for this type of vehicle. The automatic switch to four wheel drive allowed me to continue to observe the changing weather conditions and I didn't have to switch it manually into 4x4. The vehicle was built on a car frame, which makes the maneuvering much easier. The vehicle is very comfortable. I really don't require much with my taste, so I bought one that had limited extras and that worked well for me. I did have some recent problems with brake lines dry rotting and connections rusting, but otherwise no major complaints. The remote has recently started not opening the drivers side door at times."

I this is a very good it is very on gas mileage,

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "fits very well in parking spaces"

Cons: "running boards need replaced"

"this car would fit on many roads both in the US and other countries. I would look for this same type of car in another country"

Reliable & Great Gas Mileage

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Good Visibility, Good GPS System"

Cons: "Weak AC."

"We've owned this car since purchasing it new in 2006. It still gets great gas mileage, around 30MPG average with a city/highway mix. It's been very reliable, still using the original brakes (that regenerative braking and drive line electrical generation takes it easy on the brakes). All I've had to repair/replace: The Front driver's side axle; who knows why; it gave lots of warning and was around $500. The windshield, but that's from rock damage, can't really fault Ford there; however, the passenger window exploded on me; I though someone shot something, but the UHP told me sometimes that just happens. In 2014, I put a hitch on it to tow a jet ski, and you'd never know it was there, pulls fine (under 1000 lbs) and I can't even see an affect on the gas mileage. One downfall, the AC has always worked, but it's always been weak, even compared to other Fords (I've owned many), and yes, I am still accounting for when the AC kicks off when the engine shuts down in electric only mode. She is nice and quiet in electric mode. Really, this has been a better car than I thought it would be; my wife wanted the SUV, I wanted something sportier, but she's a real keeper now, hope to get 200K out of her. Did replace the plugs at 80K."

2001 RED FORD ESCAPE. COLD AIR AND HOT HEATER

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Great price $2,200 and just turned to 100,000 mile"

Cons: "Catalytic converter may need attention."

"COLD AIR CONDITIONING IN THE SUMMER AND HOT HEAT IN THE WINTER. GOOD EXTERIOR WITH NO NICKS AND PINGS.THIS CAR STAYS IN THE GARAGE WHEN NOT IN USE. INTERIOR IS GOOD ALSO. CATALYTIC CONVERTER NEEDS ATTENTION. NEW BRAKE PADS.POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS. BACK WINDOW WINDSHIELD WIPER. ONLY 1 OWNER."