• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2005 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1180 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Love even more today than when I bought it

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "great in the snow, no issues with it at all"

Cons: "No issues, I love it."

"Each day I drive this car, I realize how much value I got when I bought it. My escape gets around great year round, but especially in the snow, and starts no matter what. I keep this car outdoors since I don't have a garage, and even in cold weather it pops right off. The only thing I have done so far is change the oil religiously, brakes, tires, and filters. In addition, the rear window hinge had to be replaced, but I did it myself without any issues at all ($100 fix). I average about 21-25 mpg with mixed driving - highway/city. Everything still feels tight to me. I only wish I had bought two of these when I got this one. As long as you take good care of it, you will not be disappointed if you get one."

My Favorite Ford

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and Dependable"

Cons: "Body Integrity - developed a rust situation early."

"Purchased my 2004 Ford Escape in 2007 with 49000 miles on it. The car is an excellent vehicle with a reliable and dependable history. The only problems I ever encountered with this vehicle was two ignition coils failed when I was on vacation in 2013. I believe it was only the number 5 coil that failed and the dealership replaced the wrong one first, then realized it was the number 5 coil, not the three. All be it, this vehicle served me well. The body was excellent with the exception of the drivers side rear door and lower quarter. Rust began when the vehicle was approximately 3 or 4 years old. The rest of the body was excellent. Overall, this vehicle will always be one of my favorite Fords."

Great vehicle, have had it for 12 years.

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Hwy mpg-25-26, lots of room w/ seats down in back"

Cons: "can be noisy on highway"

"The main trouble I had in this car was having to replace the air bag sensor for both passenger and driver side, that was expensive and annoying but seems to be a fairly common issue with this car - not sure if the newer models fixed this problem. Overall I am very pleased, I have camped in the back of it (I'm 5'8), had it for over 12 years and will probably get the new escape for my next car."

the best

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

I don't own this car
Reason: gift

Pros: "beautiful inside and out"

"This was my first SUV and I will never forget it...the nine years I had it showed me why I love Ford...I now have a 2014 Escape and I love, love, love it."

owned for 8 years. Never let me down.

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "small, park anywhere. Great ride, mileage"

Cons: "no tow pkg, small gas tank"

"I bought this car from dealer in 2006. It had 11,000 miles and was traded because the man wanted something bigger. From the time I took passion, It has been used as a truck, a moving van, something to pull trailers with, and a great traveling automobile. It gets good gas mileage(26-33) depending on how you drive. The interior is spacious and can fit 5 adults and has room in cargo hold for 4 children or 2 adults. I have always loved this car because it is so versatile and great looking too."