2004 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1224 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Satisfaction

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Reliable!!!!!"

Cons: "4x4 package a little slower 20 mpg not 22"

"8 years later this SUV has been awesome! In 8 years of good service just had to RECENTLY tune up along with PCV valve! 91000 miles of greatness!!!"

I don't want to get rid of this vehicle!!

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very sturdy and but comfortable."

Cons: "You need to rotate the tires every 5000 miles"

"This was my first 4X4 SUV. It's got 150000 on the odometer and runs like the day I bought it. I have had no major issues with it and gets decent gas mileage as long as you don't do jack rabbit starts. It rides great (not soft but firm which I like) and you can haul lots of stuff with the 65 Cubic feet of cargo room. I have replaced a few items on it because they wore out(sun roof and cruise control switch). It has plenty of go power but still gets decent gas mileage (23 to 25 on the highway). It goes through snow like a tank and I have never been stuck in the snow. I love that you can lock it in 4 wheel drive if you need to. I can't think of any downsides to the vehicle. I travel alot and get to rent lots of vehicles and I haven't found one that I really am dying to buy, I like my Escape to much. It does what I need it to do. My dealership tells me that driving it to 200,000 won't be a problem. The only down side is that you have to rotate the tires every 5000 miles or they will wear unevenly but that is normal for an AWD SUV."

Excellent Sporty Utility Vehicle Fords made!

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Best overall SUV ever! Fun, Sporty and FORD TOUGH"

Cons: "No Heated seats!"

"The new Escapes don't even compare to this 2002 Ford Escape XLT 4x4. I work in construction and this vehicle has taken on rough terrian and the heaviest winters and nothing stops her. I enjoy having the utility rack ontop to secure my Kayaks and tow package for pulling my boat to the lakes. Yes, you can say this vehicle is FORD TOUGH! Now FORD get back to work and get a new sports utility design in the works because the new Ford Escape is falling flat. I believe my next sport utility will be the new Subaru Forester."

Would buy this again.

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Bought this vehicle used with 20,000 miles. Little to limited maintenance. Changed oil every 3,000 miles. Starts everytime, great handling, super 4 wheel drive characteristics. Hopefully Ford has kept up with its standards."

Wonderful vehicle, only one issue thus far!

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Everything...'cept..."

Cons: "exhaust issues."

"The XLS has been an awesome vehicle...the only issue was pertaining to the exhaust- the third (standard) catalytic converter had gotten stopped up and needed to be removed. Other than this issue it has been great, gas mileage is very appealing and is great as it is a four cylinder. The interior is very comfortable and stylish without being unpractical. Just be sure to treat your bumpers to prevent discoloration. The spare should be full-sized as well, but that is an easy fix. I absolutely love my car, it has been a joy so far and I am in love with it. <3"