2003 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1249 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

The most comfortable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "I think my review pretty well tells them all"

Cons: "As mentioned the AC compressor"

"I have owned the Escape since new with the only problem being a cracked AC compressor that had to be replaced (however we live in a very hot area and it gets usage all the time at least 8 months of the year) I have a bad back and have found this the most comfortable seating I have ever found. My biggest fear is getting a new vehicle and never finding one as comfortable. This is the only vehicle that gives me the support and comfort where I can drive for hours with no discomfort. I also find the gas mileage good for the size of the vehicle. I live in a hilly area and find the in town mileage is about 25 mpg. However, my highway mileage is usually in the range of 34 mpg. The car has held up well with no work done other than regular service and the one problem with the AC compressor. The paint is still like new (other than a couple of parking lot door dings). The leather interior and carpets are still like new (I keep floor mats in the car). The leather is still soft and supple with no cracks or tears. I love the cargo area and find the fold down rear seats great for over size items. We occasionally have our two granddaughters and find it easy to install the child safety seats. The original price was a little high, but I think it was well worth the expense and just hope I can find another car I like as well when it comes time to get a new one."

Wonderful vehicle, only one issue thus far!

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "Everything...'cept..."

Cons: "exhaust issues."

"The XLS has been an awesome vehicle...the only issue was pertaining to the exhaust- the third (standard) catalytic converter had gotten stopped up and needed to be removed. Other than this issue it has been great, gas mileage is very appealing and is great as it is a four cylinder. The interior is very comfortable and stylish without being unpractical. Just be sure to treat your bumpers to prevent discoloration. The spare should be full-sized as well, but that is an easy fix. I absolutely love my car, it has been a joy so far and I am in love with it. <3"

Love my car... but

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I love my ford escape but at 70,000 it's starting to have problems (muffler fell off, emergency brake had to be replaced, spring came out of motor valve, moon roof motor has been replaced twice). I love my car, how it feels, how it looks, how it drives, but I question the quality, to be having these kinds of problems at 70,000."

Second one!

By on Sunday, May 20, 2007

"I loved my 2003 Escape so much but was gettting up close to 100,000 without the extended warranty. What did I trade it in for? ANOTHER Escape! Very pleased w/ my new 2007 Escape."

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned

By on Monday, May 9, 2016

"6 years of nearly zero problems with my Escape hybrid. Killer driver in the winter here in MN, no problems at all. I can get 31mpg if I watch my driving. Tough vehicle with plenty of room. Yes, it has that standard SVU look, but for a light SVU it's great. Nearly as good as my Taurus, love it"