2003 Ford Escape

8.4

Based on 1231 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Very nice small SUV

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I have enjoyed my Ford Escape. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned with few mechanical problems, mostly normal wear and tear. For an SUV it gets very good gas mileage, even still being over 10 years old. I will most likely buy another other one once this one has seen its better days. I recommend this vehicle if you are looking for a small, yet versitile SUV."

just turn the key and go

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cons: "location of the ignition is awkward"

"I have owned this car since 2005 and have never had any major problems with it. I do the maintenance, the oil changes etc. It starts up it goes, its dependable - it handles well in snow and slush though the front wheel drive took some getting used to- previously I drove standard transmission fords. Am a ford person thru and thru. Love the compact size of this SUV and can still pack it full of stuff- back seat is a little tight but.... its only us and the dogs."

Great Value

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

"The only problem I had was transmission trouble at 70,000 miles. A fellow rebuilt it for me for $1,400 and provided a 36/36 warranty. The original tires lasted 95,000 miles and it still has the original brakes. I averaged 27.5 MPG on the highway when using 100% gasoline."

Love this vehicle!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfortable with decent MPG."

"I have owned this vehicle for almost 7 years, put over 200,000 miles on her and have not had major issues! Largest expense was a new alternator (approx. $450). Other than that it has been all routine maintance: oil changes, and tires. It even gets decent gas mileage, ranging on average for me at 22-24 MPG. I have moved several times in the past, and other than large pieces of furniture can fit just about everything in the vehicle, when folding the back seats, great size trunk in general too!"

I don't want to get rid of this vehicle!!

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very sturdy and but comfortable."

Cons: "You need to rotate the tires every 5000 miles"

"This was my first 4X4 SUV. It's got 150000 on the odometer and runs like the day I bought it. I have had no major issues with it and gets decent gas mileage as long as you don't do jack rabbit starts. It rides great (not soft but firm which I like) and you can haul lots of stuff with the 65 Cubic feet of cargo room. I have replaced a few items on it because they wore out(sun roof and cruise control switch). It has plenty of go power but still gets decent gas mileage (23 to 25 on the highway). It goes through snow like a tank and I have never been stuck in the snow. I love that you can lock it in 4 wheel drive if you need to. I can't think of any downsides to the vehicle. I travel alot and get to rent lots of vehicles and I haven't found one that I really am dying to buy, I like my Escape to much. It does what I need it to do. My dealership tells me that driving it to 200,000 won't be a problem. The only down side is that you have to rotate the tires every 5000 miles or they will wear unevenly but that is normal for an AWD SUV."