2014 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,214 - $27,875.

10/7.7

Based on 595 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "feels solid, quiet, easy to drive, powerful,"

Cons: "no passenger handles, no glovebox light"

"I love the feel of the car, it's quite while driving, doors are heavy and feel solid and safe, seats (I have leather) are very comfy on long drives, the sliding sun/moon roof is awesome, it's roomy and fits a family of 4 nicely with room for "stuff", it's been very reliable and looks really cool- I love the design (I have black on black). What I did not notice when I purchased it (new) was that it does not have handles on the passenger side (to hold on to while turning or just to rest a hand) and does not have lights in the glove box or storage compartment. Everything is black and tucked away so it's difficult to see unless I get a flashlight. The handles are what I miss the most."

good so far, but several poor driver configuations

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive good mileage"

Cons: "Poor driver configuration road noise and roughness"

"This vehicle runs well without the Ecoboost. Mileage is very good. Driver can not get really comfortable because of the following. Steering wheel adjustment is very limited, Seat adjustment is also limited and seats are flat and not very soft, The parking brake is high in the off postion, The brake pedal is too close to the accelater for big feet in thick soled shoes. All occupants complain of road noise and roughness even on smooth looking roads (perhaps the 18 inch wheels and tires). I will keep this vehicle for a while, but will do a better tryout before my next one. Dealer service has been good and costs are good."

Great SUV (bought certified used) w/tons of value

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable, great technology, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bad MPG"

"I did a lot a research before I bought this car. I looked at the Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscan and Santa Fe Sport 2.0, Toyota Rav 4, Honda CRV, Kia Sportage and compared technology, prices, MPG, comfort and value. I ruled out the Rav 4, CRV, Tuscan because of their engine size as I wanted something with more power. I really liked the new Escape and that was the main contender. Despite what reviews had said, I found the Sync technology easy to use when I test drove and found it was far superior than other brands technology. After driving all new cars, I opted to buy a 2011 Certified Edge. The reason I did so, was all the models I was looking at had all just done model changes in 2013 or 2014 and I wanted to buy a certified used vehicle to save on money. The 2011 Edge has all the same technology as the current model and certified vehicles off leases were easier to find. I ended up getting one off lease with 23K miles all decked out SEL with leather, moonroof, navigation and premium wheels for $23.5K when the list new was $37K. No where could I have found another model I liked at that price. After driving it for several months, I love this SUV. It is super comfortable to drive and has a TON of space. My parents were looking at higher end SUVs after I purchased this one and they agree the setas are the most comfortable to sit in for its price and even compared to more expensive SUVs. The SYNC technology isn't perfect, but it is easy to use despite what people have said and the quality of the interior feels so much nicer than all the other brands I looked at. It also drives very smooth on the highway and roads. Very soft comfortable ride. Now comes to what I don't like. The gas mileage. It's terrible. I know it's an SUV, but in the city, I get about 15-16MPG and on the highway I get about 22MPG so my average since I bought it has been about 19 (the car keeps track of this). If I could go back, I would actually buy a Limited trim instead of an SEL. The Limited trims come with the HD radio and come with the leather, Sync and better wheels standard as opposed to extra on the SEL. Since I bought it used, all those extras really didn't cost me a premium so it was almost as much as the Limited. The only thing I can say its its a great car with bad MGP so be aware of that."

I LOVE MY EDGE

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Great Features, and keyless start"

Cons: "Price is high"

"I love the comfort level and all the great features. The panoramic vista roof is a great feature and I actually fine myself using it more than I ever though I would. The Ford SYNC is a great feature. The best feature of the car is the hands free feature. There is ample leg room in the rear seats and plenty of room to get in and out. The power lift gate is a must for me and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it. The HID headlamps give the exterior of the car a nice touch. I love the new front end on the EDGE. It looks better than the older models. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a crossover."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"My son bought an Edge about 6 months ago and has really liked the vehicle. He has not had one problem with it. Because of all the safety features, styling and gas milage I decided to buy an Edge for my college age daughter. Her college is 400 miles from home and she makes several trips home during the school year. She will be much safer in the Edge than her previous car. Plus she loves the car and so do many of her friends. When my wife and I are ready for a new car we will take a close look at the Edge. Ford has done a very good job with the Edge."