2014 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,418 - $28,169.

10/7.7

Based on 631 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Fantastic for the price

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, handling, relatively quick, fuel mileage"

Cons: "The usual hard plastic Ford interior"

"I've put 130,000 miles of hard urban driving on this car in six years. It's very quick for it's size and handles extremely well. Plenty of room. The sliding glass roof is very cool but was a pricey option for something I rarely use. Now the downside. The only problem I've had in six years are brakes and tires. No big deal. Yesterday, I found a puddle of antifreeze in the garage coming from the cooling pump weep hole. I've replaced 3 or 4 cooling pumps in my 47 years, but on this model, you have to remove the entire flipping engine! AND, it's driven by the timing chain so you need special tools. I have the know-how but not the time. Now I'm faced with paying 2,000 to fix a car worth about 7,500."

AWESOME VECHICLE

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "GAS SIPPING FOR 285HP, GOOD PRICE FOR QUALITY"

Cons: "NOT CHEAP TO UPGRADE FROM SE TO SEL (5,500.)"

"MY WIFE AND I WERE ON THE HUNT FOR NEW NEW FORD FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS. WE WENT TO A LOCAL DEALER AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR. THE ORIGINAL STICKER PRICE FOR THE BASE MODEL WAS 28,975.00. WE DECIDED TO INSTALL OUR OWN TOUCH SCREEN AND BACK UP CAMERA, (WHICH WAS STILL 3,500 BUCKS CHEAPER) THAN WHAT THE DEALER WANTED. WE GOT OUT THE DOOR WITH ROLLING 6,000 INTO THE LOAN FOR 28,300. WOW WHAT A DEAL! THE CAR HAS GREAT HORSEPOWER WITHOUT SACRIFICING A GREAT DEAL OF FUEL ECONOMY. GETTING CURRENTLY 23-24MPG CITY/HWY MIX. GRANTED ITS FLORIDA WITH VERY LITTLE HILLS. EVEN THOUGH ITS THE BASE MODEL WITHOUT A TON OF UN-NECESSARY BELLS AND WHISTLES ITS A VERY NICE CAR, I JUST CAME FROM HAVING A 2011 MAZDA TRIBUTE (HORRIBLE CAR) TO THIS AND ILL TELL YOU IT HAS BEEN WORTH EVERY PENNY! HOPE THIS HELPED SOME PEOPLE MAKE A WISE MOVE TO FORD, I HAVE HAD A TOTAL OF 9 CARS OVER A 10YR PERIOD AND I WILL ONLY BUY FORDS FROM NOW ON!"

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"My son bought an Edge about 6 months ago and has really liked the vehicle. He has not had one problem with it. Because of all the safety features, styling and gas milage I decided to buy an Edge for my college age daughter. Her college is 400 miles from home and she makes several trips home during the school year. She will be much safer in the Edge than her previous car. Plus she loves the car and so do many of her friends. When my wife and I are ready for a new car we will take a close look at the Edge. Ford has done a very good job with the Edge."

I LOVE MY EDGE

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Great Features, and keyless start"

Cons: "Price is high"

"I love the comfort level and all the great features. The panoramic vista roof is a great feature and I actually fine myself using it more than I ever though I would. The Ford SYNC is a great feature. The best feature of the car is the hands free feature. There is ample leg room in the rear seats and plenty of room to get in and out. The power lift gate is a must for me and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it. The HID headlamps give the exterior of the car a nice touch. I love the new front end on the EDGE. It looks better than the older models. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a crossover."

best all around car, right size

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Most convenient vehicle I ever owned. Comfortable with smooth drive, easy to get in and out, plenty cargo space, just right size. One of the best all around vehicle with many available extra options"