• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,507 - $27,244.

10/7.8

Based on 579 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Better than you think!

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Had the Edge for a week. A little over 200 miles on it. It's super comfortable. Has Knock-out looks, and drives as good as any new car I've purchased. I've had 81 in my life. Nav system, Sirius Radio, Chrome wheels, and the large, front/back sun roof. Takes a little time to get used to the noise the engine makes starting out, but is reasonable when you up and running. Seats more confortable than my 06 Avalon. gas mileage hopefully inproves. Best looking SUV Ford has marketed in quite awhile. Dealers aren't acting like sales are slow, they still have a non-caring attitude."

Love the Edge

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"We looked at all the crossover vehicles and dickered around with all of them. Olathe Ford gave us a great deal, we absolutely love it. We had a Windstar and wife wanted another but she fell in love with this and likes it a lot better. Wish it made a little better mileage but can live with it. We really get about 20 in all types of driving but that is still better than the Marano and others of the same type (crossover). We love it and highly recomend it. The room in the backseat is surprisingly good. Overall we just could not be happier with it and ford gave us 2.9 financing which beats the heck out of anything Toyota, Nissan, and Honda could do. Great overall value I thought."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable and great for trips"

Cons: "Second cup holder is too small."

"I am trading my Edge in for a new one. Since I am a disabled veteran I must have a warranty on my vehicle."

Reliable Vehicle

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Rides great, moderate on gas usage."

Cons: "Using FORD for repairs."

"In my experiences with this vehicle I come to find that from other owners their problems range from the air conditioning to the transmission. I have had only one negative experience with my EDGE. If you encounter a clicking / knocking from the front end while turning , it's probably the CONTROL ARM(S) bushings. YES you have to replace the entire control arm. The bushing is not a separate piece. For some reason the dealer which exculvsive serviced my vehicle could NOT discover my issue. And after countless repairs( at cost) I did some detective work to correctly diagnose my issue, but that was after several hundred dollars spent at my local FORD dealership??"

Nice car, bad MPG

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Look sleek, nice ammenities"

Cons: "Bad MPG"

"I've had my 2008 Limited Edge for 2 years. I really like all of the features, especially the bluetooth and sync. The Panoramic sunroof gets lots of compliments! The heated leather seats are wonderful and a must have. I love have the numeric code entry on the outside of the door so I can never lock my keys in the car, and often, we don't even take the keys with us, but lock them inside. The engine is a bit louder than I am used to. The engine is powerful, but seems to hesitate when asked to perform. The MPG are not good, averaging about 17-19. The newer Edge's have better mileage. I love being able to use either my iPhone or a USB Flash drive loaded with music in the car (plus the 6-CD changer). Lots of options for music. Also, the Edge handles VERY well in the snow. I have the AWD series for this reason."

very reliable vehicle

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"Have owned this car for just over 100k miles now and its been great. very comfortable good on gas handles great. overall awesome car."

Love my Edge!

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Fits like a glove."

Cons: "Wish I had gotten the AWD model."

"I got this vehicle because my Crown Victoria was too hard on my body for road trips. Had owned Explorers and Mustangs. Got the Edge and never looked back. Once you adjust the seat to fit you, you can drive across the US in this vehicle and be perfectly fine. The sound sytem is great, the panoramic view is great, the handling and response is pretty good, but the comfort is excellent! Five years later and it still looks great and runs fantastic. Tires and brakes is all it has needed."

I love this car

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful design, color, smooth easy ride/handling"

Cons: "Sync did not work well until the patch came out"

"This SUV was purchased to replace a Lexus RX 2006. It is the most beautiful color of fire engine red and has a two tone taupe interior. It drives as well as the Lexus and the real value to me are the upgrades that I would not have been able to afford in a Lexus. I love the Sync (now that it has been patched up) although I do miss Juke Box which I had in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid. It has rear view camera, blind spot warning and rear warning. I wish it had front end warning too. I love how the car can be locked and unlocked by just touching the door handle. All said, it's a great car."

Best new car I have ever bought

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "I got free lifetime maintenance from the dealer."

"When I saw the commercials on TV they really sold me on the style and features of this car. With the Microsoft Sync it is the smartest car ever. You just tell it what to do and it does it. Satellite radio, bluetooth through the radio, I never have to take my hands off of the steering wheel. I can control everything from the steering wheel."

Best new car I have ever bought

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "I got free lifetime maintenance from the dealer."

Love my Edge

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Back door hard to close, lacks backseat cupholders"

"I got my Edge for an amazing price through persistent negotiation - over $8,000 off sticker price, so that always makes it feel even better. I drive a Civic for commuting, and it's ok, but when I get back in my Edge, it's like "ahhhh :)""

Very Pleased with my Edge

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Sharp design inside and out. Good power"

Cons: "No real complaints worth mentioning!"

"I own a 2007 Edge SEL with AWD. My first impression when I got into an Edge was, "There's a lot more room in here than I'd guessed." The V6 provides ample power - this crossover has no problem getting out of its own way. This is especially important to me as I live in Denver and often make trips up to mountains at elevations of 10,000 feet where the air is thinner (which robs horsepower from the engine). Even at the high altitudes my Edge has no problem running up mountain inclines. Speaking of mountains, the Edge does an AMAZING job in the snow! It handles winter's worst conditions with ease (I have an Edge with AWD). Friends often seem surprised and compliment me on the Edge's interior. It's almost as though after appreciating the Edge's exterior lines they were expecting a let-down on the interior design. As you can tell, I'm quite pleased with my Edge and I feel it is a great car at a good value. My only complaint would be that on two different occasions I've heard a body creak when turning. Hard sound to describe but it resembled the sound of walking across an old wood floor and you hear the floorboards squeak. Both times the dealer was able easily remedy this by adjusting the door hinges. My '07 Edge was the first model year. I'm sure that Ford has addressed this minor issue in subsequent model years."

Favorite car I've owned

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"not a lot of leg room. Backing up is hard to see sometimes since car sits up in back"

pretty dang nice!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "fun, great in winter, great looking car"

Cons: "poor manufacturing, had many issues"

"i really in enjoy this car. sync is pointless on this model. great ride, warm seats, comfortable seats. love this car but wish i would have gone with a newer edge. right after i bought the car it had a gasket leak on the transmission which is a know problem and has been reported to the bbb. the warranty covered that from ford which is 100,000 mile on power train. i also had another gasket leak on the engine which was also covered but is scary to know i have already had these issues with this car. that's why i gave reliability low values. still would buy the edge but a newer one since this year is some of the newer cars off the line."

great quality for the price

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"We leased our 2012 SEL Edge two months ago. We previously leased a 2008 Lincoln MKX. The MKX was a fine vehicle but the 2012 edge is a better quality car. The ride is better, the handling is firmer, the brakes are better, the six speed transmission is smoother and the gas mileage is better. We have the leather interior package but do not have the my-ford-touch feature and we are glad we don't have it from some of the reviews I have read about m-f-t. The speedometer and the radio/Ac screens are ten times easier to read than the MKX which washed out in the sun. We have a few knobs to operate the radio and A/C and that works just fine for us. The only complaint I would have is the grab handle in the armrests on the front doors. On the MKX they were in the middle of the door and the Edge has moved them to the front of the armrest and takes more leverage to close the door. The radio even seems to have better sound quality. We were surprised to get this kind of quality when we stepped down from the Mkx to the Edge SEL."

Comfortable ... but loud.

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Style, comfort, safety"

Cons: "Road noise"

"Came with Pirelli Scorpion tires and very loud road noise. Just replaced with Yoko Avid Envigors and noise is reduced but still loud for a premium Cross-over. But comfortable ride and very safe feel. I'd recommend to a friend, but tell them to test drive and see if they can tolerate the noise-levels."

great car!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"Great car overall. I bought it used and have put 10,000 miles on it so far with no problems. The gas mileage isnt quite as good as its reported to be but still does pretty good for a vehicle that size."

Edge Sport AWD is a perfect for family of 4

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Performance and Handling, Sport is fun to drive"

Cons: "Rear doors need better ingress/egress"

"I went from a '99 Mustang Cobra to a '11 Edge Sport AWD. Love the power and performance of the car. The handling of the Sport is far superior to the others. Stiffer suspension makes it corner more like a sports car than any other crossover that I have driven. Not quite like the Cobra but it holds it own. Off the line performance is fair as well. There are 3 minor complaints that I have about the car: 1. The rear doors need to open another 10 degrees to make ingress/egress of the childrens' carseat easier. 2. The hazard and eject buttons could be better located and easier to use. 3. There needs to be a foot rest for the left foot. Other than those 3 things there are 0 problems with my EDGE. Very happy with my purchase and hope to see my 5 year old driving this car when she gets to high school."

Love My Edge - Most Comfortable Car Ever

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

"I love my 2008 Ford Edge. It's roomy and comfortable. My college age son can't believe I bought it and he loves it as well. From the i-pod plug in to the beautiful leather seats to the rear opening automatic door, it's been a great car. There is a lot of room in the trunk area and all of the seats fold down so I can use the Edge to carry things around. Also, the back seats recline which is very nice for those back seat passengers when taking a trip. The very large double moon roof allows the sun to get into my car and heat it up a bit before I get in on the cold mornings. My family thinks I've gone through a mid-life crisis becaue I'm usually not a car lover but I do love my Edge. My Edge was stolen and apparently the thief kept it for his family car. It was recovered."

AWESOME family car with lots of leg room!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "handles like a car not like an SUV"

Cons: "MPG is alright...."

"Best purchase I ever made on a vehicle. The 2007 Ford Edge SE is a great price it reminded me of the Lexus SUV but is about $10k less !! There is plenty of room in the front and back seats, excellent for teenagers with long legs. Back seats lay down (split sections) Fits a Bmx bicycle in back with no problem. I do however suggest the "All Weather Rubber Floor Mats" for front and back. The back seat one lays all accross the floor including the middle part (Only cost about $45 more but well worth it.)"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, solid car"

Cons: "No cons."

"This is the second Edge I've owned, both are excellent cars. I've never had to take it in for a problem. We owned Escapes before these two and we liked them, but when you get in a Edge and drive that it is so quiet, and powerful, it gives you confidence that you could go to the moon and not have a problem. We like the Escape but it was alot noisier than the Edge. Get 22 miles to the gallon."

best car I've owned.

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "convenient, roomy, comfortable."

Cons: "price, MPG"

"I love my Edge. 70,000 miles and no issues. Loads of cargo room, comfortable ride, great ergonomics, does well in snow or poor conditions. downside: average 20 MPG around town. (at least it takes unleaded) bottom line: Was looking for a sport wagon when I ended up buying the Edge (new). Great decision. The car has been fantastic and I would buy it all over again. Give it a close look."

Saved my life!

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Great features, elegant design, sturdy build."

Cons: "Faulty Moon Roof"

"I bought a 2010 Ford Edge and I have been happy with it ever since I drove it off the lot. The only negative thing I can say about my vehicle was that the moon roof stopped working a all together. This vehicle saved my life! I was hit by a concrete truck and I was well protected by this well built vehicle. Thank you Ford! Thank you for saving my life!"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I've had my Edge since March 2007 and I love it as much today as I did when I got it! I've never owned anything but Ford and I was a little skeptical at first...buying a new vehicle in its very first year and in downsizing (previous vehicles were Expeditions and an Excursion) - but it's so roomy and still higher off the ground than being in a car. And it gets great gas mileage. If I had to say one negative thing about it - I'm not crazy about the a/c. It cools fine and I've never had any problems but it's just that the vents are long and narrow and can't be adjusted to go right where you want them to. I know that the new models have changed the design so I'm sure that has improved. I've already got 95k miles on it and the only thing I have had to do (outside of regular scheduled maintenance) is buy new tires! I have already decided that when I go to get a new car, it will definitely be another Edge!"

LOVE This car.

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"I have 2 teenagers and do a lot of in town driving but am also on the road a lot in a sales capacity sometimes driving 300 miles in a day. It is roomy, comfortable and quiet. I love all the compartments for glasses, computer, cups, junk so I feel like everything has a place to be stored, so the car is always neat and clean. I have 70K miles on a 2007 and am ready to trade in for the new Sync system and will probably not go to another brand/model. LOVE it!!! And so do my kids, and relatives with more expensive vehicles in the same category, like an Acura and Lexus."