2013 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,003 - $26,838.

10/7.8

Based on 588 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Great value, great ride, great all around vehicle.

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Rides like a car w/ the interior space of an SUV."

Cons: "Wiring for trailer is cumbersome."

"I have driven my Edge on many long trips. It provides a comfortable ride, excellent view of the road, gets respectible gas mileage (22 mpg), and I love the Travel Link feature. It provides weather maps which are very helpful when driving during storms and fuel prices along my travel route.GPS is equally useful. I've only experienced one vehicle problem while on the road. Had the car towed to a Ford garage nearby where it was repaired under warranty and I was back on the road after a 2 hr. delay. The Pirelli tires that came with the car lasted 60,000 miles!!"

Love owning this car

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "comfortable and very roomy, good ride, solid"

Cons: "not good mpg, no assist handle for front passenger"

"I drove a step van for 30 years for work and loved the high seat driving position, which I find to be more comfortable for me. As a crossover, the Edge combined the best of a car and truck. It is solid on the road with very good get up and go. I feel I have very good command of the road. I've only had routine maintenance work done on it. Occasionally, there is a shifting problem that had been improved by calibrating a transmission sensor, but I find it occurring once again. The original tires lasted me 51,000 miles and I just had brakes done at 72,000 miles. It is very comfortable to drive and passengers have complimented the backseat ride. BIG drawback is gas mileage, 18-19 mpg and doesn't get much better on the highway. I would recommend it with caution about the MPG."

the best I have ever driven

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "awesome in, comfort and drivability unsurpassed"

"after 35 years in the car business and hundreds of demos, this is my favorite vehicle, hands down. My last demo was a Lincoln Navigator and I like the Edge LTD more."

Love my Edge Sport!

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "All the bells & whistles, good looks, fun to drive"

"I bought an Edge Sport back in January of 2011 and drove it for just over 2.5 years. That is, until I traded it in and bought a 2013! The resale value is very good and I received more than the fair market value or KBB value for my trade. This is a great SUV and gives you all the room and space you would need for a 5 seater. There's plenty of space for my 6'2" husband and me at 5'9" and rear passengers can sit without their knees hitting the back of the front seat. The Sport comes loaded with all kinds of great features - I especially like the navigation, vista roof and homelink system. I have used the Sync features with very little issues, especially after the upgrade was completed. The ride is great and I receive compliments all the time on the tuxedo black paint and the 22" rims."

Very good vehicle

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "Like the everready bunny, it keeps going and going"

Cons: "blind spot"

"This has been one of the best cars I've owned. For the first 90000 miles we used this car to pull a 2500 lb trailer from city to city. Our workers abused it, reaching towing speeds of 98 mph according to our gps, yet the car didn't complain. After retiring from the circuit, it has been our daily driver, for both local and long distance trips. The transmission is finally getting balky, and I'm probably going to replace it and continue to drive this car. It still doesn't burn any oil, and has no other mechanical issues I'm aware of. We get 24 mpg at ordinary highway speeds. The interior is now showing a little wear, especially around the gear shift/cupholder area, where that plastic covering always wears. The seat fabric is still like-new. This car has surprising power, enough to tow our trailer without acting like it was overloaded, and without having the drive train die despite unbelievably hard effort. The only negatives I have about this car are that it has a large blind spot, and the hood is high enough compared to front seat levels to interfere with forward curb vision on occasion (even though I am over six ft tall). Also, sych proved to not be for us, it just about drove us crazy, so we have not used it."

Best American Made Value Dollar For Dollar

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Appearance, Style, Room, Handling, Power, Gd ride"

Cons: "Need AWD. Sync isn't as good as it should be."

"This SUV is well made. It is quiet and has agil handling. The instruments are well placed and easily reachable with most of the control on the steering wheel. The backup screen is large and clear with the option of zooming in or out. The instrument controls are easy to see, understand, and use. The ride on this SUV is very good and the seats are comfortable front and back. I highly recommend that if you are a midwestern resident that you opt for the AWD. It has excellent control on snow and wet roads. Over-all I am very happy with this car. The styling and appearance are a plus besides the practicle side. Milage tends to run 22 in the city and 26 on the open road. (Keeping your foot out of it). I have owned or driven most of the popular SUV's near the Edge size. (Jeep GC, GMC, etc). Dollar for dollar, the Edge is the best built and best equipped ride out there. Priced better than the Jeep GC and in line with the new GMC products. I would pick the Ford Edge out of the other offerings."

Worth The Money

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "stability, gas, comfort, technology, sexy"

Cons: "slight bumpy ride on rough rodes"

"I love everything about it.. all cars come with cons. The cons on Edge I can live with like the bumpy ride isn't that bad only on bumpy streets. Any car would be rough riding on a rough street. By far a great buy with the leading technology. This is my 3rd Ford just loving ford."

Reliable, comfortable and just awesome

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, conveinance, size"

Cons: "gas mileage and voice system"

"My husband and I bought this car a couple years ago after owning a Jaguar and 2 Mercedes. The Ford Edge is the best car we have ever owned. The maintenance is low cost and rare and it is very comfortable for roadtrips. The heated seats are wonderful and the large sunroof is amazing. We have only owned this car about 2 years and already have over 80K miles on it! That's how much we love it."

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"The Edge has completly surpassed my expectations. I bought this car new to replace a truck based SUV. The ride and comfort are great. Lots of rear seat and cargo room. Easily holds 4 sets of golf clubs and more if needed. At 93k miles the car has been touble free, no rattles or squeeks and rides as smooth as when it was new. At idle you cant hear the engine and the transmission still shifts silky smooth."

best car ever

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "comfort"

"we needed a car to accomodate a tall family. The leg room, including the back seat is excellent. Only two other crossovers offered this much leg room, but didn't have a smooth or quiet ride. CD/MP3/Phone/Navigation with sync make entertainment an ease. The kids enjoy having the sun roof open on decent days. Will definately buy another Edge."

Coolest car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

"I have owned several cars - over the last years including various luxury models such as BMW and Infiniti. My husband is a car dealer and we have driven nearly every brand on the market at some point or another. I never thought I'd see myself driving a Ford but this car is amazing! The SYNC system is by far the coolest feature of the car - just push a button and give a command and it changes radio stations, adjusts climate controls, turns your ipod to your favorite song, and navigates. Handles great, gas mileage is decent - I get 21.6 on my 30 min heavy traffic morning commute and about 24 mpg when I travel. Plenty of room in the back for my kids - they love the panoramic roof and the cargo area is spacious - have hauled plenty of items w/no trouble. Nothing currently on the market like the SYNC features - other companies are clammoring to catch up to this but they will have to really step it up to compete with this car. People often stop me at the gas station, parking lot etc...to aks about this car - it's worth a look!!"

Great Car with no Repairs in 55,000 miles

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Reliabilty, quiet, comfort, features, synch system"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"Have driven this car for three years and had zero repairs--just replaced the tires after 55,000 miles to make sure I'd have good traction in winter snow this season. Average about 25-26 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. Very comfortable, easy to park, quiet, and roomy. The high tech features like the synch system are great and hands free phone works perfectly. Wasn't sure if I would like the power lift gate, but it is great when your hands are full and you're trying to load your car! Handles winter snows with ease. Will buy another Edge when I get a new car."

Beautiful Vehicle...

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Appearance, Storage, Tech, Comfort and Convenience"

Cons: "Depreciation"

"Bought an '11 Limited in mid-2010 as my wife's replacement for an '03 Accord that was falling apart. The ride, the features, the mileage are all fantastic compared to other cars and cross overs we were looking at. And the vehicle is nice to look at as well. This vehicle needs to last 10 years, but I had a '98 Explorer that easily could have made it 10 years though I put on half the mileage my wife does. The only reason I ditched the Explorer was we were on 8 year intervals for new cars at the time. We are now on 10 year intervals. But I like this Edge so much, I might get one for myself in 4 years. It's very roomy, very comfortable, very high tech (it tells you when it needs an oil change), very stylish, and has good storage in the cargo area."

Cool looking, driving vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Nicest, Finest car Ive ever owned. Lots of bells and whistles. Comfy leather heated seats. Good visibility when driving. Classy lines, Sporty, Roomy easy to put seats up or down in different configureations. I wish it got better gas mileage. 20mpg winter and 21.7 in summer on country roads. About 22 when on on the interstates. Plenty of passing power."

The Edge is an ok car

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Easy to drive and roomy. AWD is a must have."

Cons: "Small seats and too many issues for low milage"

"I have the AWD which is fantastic. I bought this new in 08 and have had the brakes redone at 20,000, wheel bearing replaced, and the hatch back door cylinders replaced. The wheel bearing was under warranty but it would have been 500.00. I now have 36,000 mile and I'm a little nervous about what next. This is a fun car to drive and small enough to get in and out of tight spots. The seats are a little small but it's still a comfortable car. If you want an Edge I would buy one with bells and whistles because it will bring the excitement to the car that it deserves."

My experience with this vehicle has been positive.

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, good gas mileage"

Cons: "A/C vents don't allow good air flow to the driver"

"One thing I would change is the location of the a/c vents on the dash. The driver doesn't get good air flow."

I like it

By on Monday, March 07, 2011

"I have had the edge for 2 weeks now buts its been in the shop for 9 days. The recall on the hub is being fixed. Apparently the front right and back left have recalls on them. A seal on the transmission was fixed as a recall, the washer fluid didnt come out and is being fixed. I really like the suv, it rides like a cadillac. The seats are really comfortable, its sporty, lots of room, love the sliding moon roof, the back up sensors are awsome, its just a really nice ride!!! Gas is good for a suv. If you keep your foot off the gas you get good gas mileage. I would of liked to of gotten the 08 or newer so I could get the sync system but I couldnt afford the payments. It does whant I need it to."

best car ever

By on Monday, September 13, 2010

"I bought the 2008 edge limited the day I retired and gladly turned in my 2007 Chevy company car. Happy day X2. We have driven it over 40,00 miles and never had it in the shop exept for oil changes etc. We get around 22mpg in town and sometimes 27 on the road. The blazing copper is a real eye catcher especially with the women. Ford should bring the color back! Very comfortable and fun to drive especially in our Colorado winters. Drove to San Fransisco in January. All the trucks had to chain up to go over Donner pass. We drove through like it was summer. Wonderful car. Fun to drive."

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"Very reliable car...save my life many times specially in winter time in Alaska."

watch out for this

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"bought used 2007 edge with 33,000 miles. Within a week, had transmission trouble with a loud clunking noise periodically. Dealership could never find it, until warranty expired at 37,000 miles. Have had it in the shop more than driven it to date (1 year later)....for the transmission. Finally they took transmission apart and replaced broken seals and gaskets...and then had to fight with Ford to have them cover it...which they wouldn't - saying it was out of warranty time. Even after this repair, car STILL clunks and Ford won't do anything about it. This vehicle's been our wost ever...between the transmission and dealership and Ford, never never never again!!! 2007 Transmissions have problems...first year this vehicle made..."

Smoothest Drive Ever

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Our 2007 Ford Edge is the smoothest driving car we have ever owned. It is also very quiet. It's stylish and roomy for four people and luggage. Great integrated nav and DVD system. I would definitely recommend it. Several notes. Our transmission has done a few odd things. the dealer tested it. It hasn't done anything lately. It almost appears as if it tries t anticipate a person's driving style. I wish the combined 19 mpg was a little better. The doors close with a little tinny sound."

Resale value

By on Friday, November 21, 2008

"It is a wonderful vehicle to own and drive, but has a poor resale value. As much as the vehicle cost new and the great style and dependability it has with all the options it has available, it should hold its value much better then it currently does."

Wow! Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"My Limited Edge rides great and looks great. I have had no quality issues after 4400 miles and find it to be a pleasure to drive. The interior looks great and is extremely comfortable. Controls are easy to use and the SYNC is great. The vista roof is very nice. Performance is very good and mileage is ok. The cargo capacity is fine and the fold down rear seat buttons are really nice, Overall...love the vehicle. I thougt the price without Ford incentives was a little high. With the incentives it became our new vehicle. Good job Ford!!!"

Great vehicle

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"Great car for the money. Fuel economy could be better, but not bad. Only complaint is the wheels - Ford went cheap on the 20" upgrade and used a two-piece wheel instead of solid aluminum. Looks cheap. Also they have a recall on those wheels because the outer cover starts to separate from the inside. Dealer has been good a replacing them. Love the nav, bt phone, and sat radio. Moonroof is great also!"

I love it!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I have had this cuv for one year. I recieved this car for my 30th birthday -AND I LOVE IT!! I have 3 kids..15, 11, and 3-they all fit fine! you can also fit 3 carseats if you need to! I had to give up my beloved mustang for a minivan 6 years ago, and thought that I would never fall in love again with a car...well I was wrong, if I can't have my mustang than having the Edge is the next best thing!!! It's awesome on the highway and great in the snow! Buy it, You'll love it!!!"