• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,617 - $27,340.

10/7.8

Based on 572 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

excellent vehicle

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "fun features, easy to drive, great drivability"

Cons: "a bit pricier than other SUV's but worth it"

"I came from another crossover SUV and bought the Edge in the middle of winter. I can't even begin to describe the difference in driving ability from my previous car to this one. Complete night and day. Handles excellently in snow, slush, and ice. Incredibly quiet and comfortable ride. Lots of interior space making it comfortable for long distance driving. Lots of fun little features, too, like the customizable ambient lighting. I also use bluetooth quite frequently and I am impressed with how little outside noise you hear. Would recommend over and over again! LOVE LOVE LOVE"

Love this Car!

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Ride, Mileage and electronics systems"

Cons: "Price"

"We rented a 2013 Ford Edge for a 5000 mile driving vacation and we loved it so much that we bought one after we came home. Comfort, ride and mileage are excellent. My only con is that there was very little negotiation on price. Still a good value though. Would recommend to anyone."

Love it.

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Really great to drive. Easy to park. A fun vehic"

Cons: "I can't think of anything I don't like about it."

"This vehicle drives like a dream, and turns on a dime. Great ride and really comfortable. I will never have anything but another Edge."

You Can't go Wrong with This!

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and reliable (as are all Fords lol)"

Cons: "Blind Spots"

"The Edge has always been my dream vehicle. I finally got one 7 months ago and abosolutely love it! I have the SEL Plus which has so many conveniences and the panorama roof is spectacular. The only complaints I have is how it handles in curves while driving fast(probably my less than desireable tires)and the blind spots. The edge has some get-up too, and the turning radius for a small SUV is unbeatable. I can't wait to buy my next dream car - the Edge Sport. I would recommend this to anyone, I am a fan!!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Build quality, fit-n-finish, electronics, roomy"

Cons: "Mileage"

"The fit and finish on the Edge is excellent. It drive's quiet, excellent power and acceleration even in mountain driving. The My Ford electronic's package is wonderful and integrated my phone and iPod seamlessly. My mileage is exactly what they estimated 21 ish, sometimes a bit higher on the highway. It would be nice if it was a bit higher, but I am sure part of that is because the vehicle is built so solid. I test drove a number of other CUV's and they felt flimsy or "hollow." I am VERY pleased with this vehicle!"

A good quality vehicle that has good looks.

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Ride, Quiet Interior, Vista Moon Roof"

"A good looking vehicle that is quality built. Have had no problems. Took it on many trips . Has no third row seat that takes away from the second row seating, which when you are a taller person, it means you will have more leg room in the second row. It is one of the smoothest and quietest vehicles I know for highway driving. Fit and finish is very good as is comfort. Wife and I are so happy with the Edge that we have a 2013 Edge on order."

Love It!

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to manuever"

Cons: "lack of cupholders in backseat"

"I have the limited edition, but no navi or vista roof. Didn't want to pay for the extras. I have put 17,000 miles on it since I bought it 8 months ago. Miles have been both city, in hilly areas, and highway. It is not the quietest ride but it is super comfortable and handles great! It's really easy to park whether I need to parralell park or back into a space using the side mirrors and backup sensors. I am tall for a woman at 5'10" so the larger limited seats are a great fit. Passengers have plenty of room in the back seat. I have plenty of cargo room. But wish there were more storage options. The car is quick to go from a stop which I prefer. I have no issues with the brakes and gas mileage is about 19 city and 24 hwy."

One of the worst vehicles I.ve owned in 60 years

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Sync is DISASTER and a waste of money and time. The vehicle handling leaves much to be desired. Ford Motor Company is advertising this vehicle and Sync as their outstanding feature but won't stand behind fixing the problems with Sync"

really enjoy this car

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "great car"

"I have always been a Ford driver, however I really like my edge. My family has grown and all 5 seats are being used, 2 for twin infants, and we fit just fine. It has great trunk space and car width. The car rides wonderful and has a good sound system. I do not have the sync, just refuse to pay for it, but I was able to hook up my ipod using a car line that cost $13. It does not have a usb port, but an external one was really cheap. I do a lot of highway driving and it has not had any problems. I am able to fit a twin stroller in the trunk along with groceries and shopping for 5 people (usually tons of bags). When you drop the back seats you can fit just about anything. Great car. I wish it came with a third row and the generous trunk space."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "fun and easy to drive, seating is comfortable and tons of leg room even in the back"

Cons: "The ac vents in the back do not have their own control."

"I love my car! I test drove one and fell in love with the car. I ended up buying mine without even test driving it but it was such a good deal I couldn't turn it down. I do think there are a few things they could have done better but I know the newer models have already addressed those issues and that is the plastic feel in the dash area. They have upgraded the materials so they have a nicer look and feel. The car drives so well. I do not live in an area where it snows but we had a freak snow storm two winters ago and i had to drive on a high bridge covered in snow (I was trying to beat the time before the closed it). There was no way to avoid the snow piling up due to the other traffic and as soon as my car ran over a pile of it the traction control kicked in immediately. I have never felt so safe in a car."

Great car

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Love it"

"WE HAVE A 2009 edge and we LOVE it. It is quiet and fun to drive. On open highways most of the time you cant even hear it running. Great car and would buy another one in future."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"I recently purchase a 2008 Edge AWD and couldn't be happier. I was very reluctant at first to give up my Mazda 6, but with terrible winter I felt it was time to give up the fun car and get something more practical. The more I drive the more I love it. I have already forgotten about the 6. AWD is great in the snow. Its fun to drive and ride is smooth. Love the vista sun roof! Sync is sweet! I was a little disappointed with the audio, but replaced with new Pioneers and now sounds awesome. I highly recommend this vehicle. Must buy!"

Nice car but with a few issues

By on Saturday, January 09, 2010

"My wife and I purchase our 2007 Edge used. It had 26,000 miles on it when we purchased and at 30,000 I noticed the chrome wheel were corroding. I took it into the dealership and at 34,000, they replaced all four wheels under warranty. Its hard to beleive the wheels went bad that soon. Also, I had to have a trim piece replaced under warranty on the rear glass window. Very neat vehicle though."

Great Performer

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"I've had this car for 16 months and 18000 miles and the car performs perfectly. Only expense is routine maintainence. I would recommend this vehicle to all my friends. Heated seats a plus in the cold northeast."

Another winner from Ford

By on Sunday, December 13, 2009

"After having 5 Explores, I wanted a vehicle a bit smaller. I also wanted the combination push button door lock which no other car has. After a test drive I was sold, great ride and plenty of room for my fishing gear. My only compliant is the seats are hard and small. The head rest on the seats are angled to much and polk the back of your head. Over all it is a fun car to drive."

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, October 02, 2009

"I traded my 2007 Toyota Tacoma in on a 2008 Ford Edge Limited with 13K miles on it. Interior is very stylish, leather seats a plus and enjoy the SYNC very much. Have the vista roof and sometimes which I didn't do to the road noise. The road noise and sometimes the transmission oddness that happens are the only complaints I have. Gas mileage is decent, comfort is great, room enough for the four of us taking long trips..leg room is awesome..over all quality is good."

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"2007 model. Great car. Very comfortabe. Lots of room when seats are folded down. Reliable car until suddenly the transmission failed. Replaced trans at 31,000."

Love it !!

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"I bought this Brand-new, I added all the options I possibly could. I traded a big luggy Trailblazer for this sleek cross-over. I would never go back. And I am not sure how fast all these other drivers drive, but I get 18-20 city & 28-33 hwy. Handles and drives nice. If you buy one - you have to get the Vist-Roof!!!"

Great Value for the $$

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Only 2000 miles on it and i couple of 300 mile trips. It is a comfortable, safe, and sexy car. Wifes loves to drive it all the time, so I spend time as a passenger. Lots of room, versatility, and spirit. I haven;t had a Ford in 10 years- I have bought Japanese and German, but if this is their 'way forward; it is the RIGHT direction"

GAS PERFORMANCE

By on Saturday, June 23, 2007

"HAVE NOT SEEN THE NUMBERS THE MANUFACTUROR SAID WE WE GET BUT DIDN'T BUY VEHICLE FOR THAT PURPOSE BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE BETTER PERFORMANCE. LOVE THE COLOR AND THE COMFORT. PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS GIVING IT A SECOND LOOK."

I love, love, love my 2010 Ford Edge Limited!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Excellent comfort and reliability. Classy look."

"Have owned this car now for 4 1/2 years and still in love with it. No problems with it mechanically or otherwise. Bought it for comfort and it has not let me down. Plenty of leg room and cargo room. Replacing the tires for the first time in next few months. The only complaint that I can think of would be a "squeak in the driver seatbelt mechanism" and that only happens when the seatbelt is in locked position and you are on uneven driving surfaces. Would give it a perfect 10 rating, but I haven't driven every car out there yet. But by far, this Edge and my old 2006 Ford F150 Super Crew have been the best. Can't beat Ford's comfort and reliability in their quality vehicles (and I'm an Ex-3-time Chevrolet Silverado owner!)"

Overall a very nice vehicle.

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Hatchback storage area is smaller than anticipated"

"This is he first crossover type vehicle I've ever owned and I have to admit that it is a very comfortable auto with a nice smooth ride. Interior is exceptionally roomy with nice added features for convenience."

Enjoy this car very much

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "good value for nice looking car!"

Cons: "Wish it turned a little tighter."

"7 years old and still lookin' good. I sometimes sit back and look at this vehicle and think "That's a really good looking car!" It's been in my possession 4 years and has been a very reliable and good car. Very versatile and I'm still in love with my chocolate leather seats. Roomy and comfy ride."

This is my second Edge and I love it!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "great styling, smooth quiet ride, great mileage"

Cons: "nothing stands out"

"I currently own my 2nd Edge, a 2013 Limited with the Panoramic Roof and 20" chrome clad wheels. I have had no trouble whatsoever with my Edge and I get compliments on it frequently. I have the Deep Impact Metallic Blue and it always stands out wherever I am. It has a very smooth, quiet ride and I love MyFord touch. I don't understand why Consumer Reports has issues with it, I am not tech savvy and yet I have never had any trouble using it. The quality is top notch and I love the styling. I average around 25 mpg on my mostly highway daily driving and I have the V6 engine. I love this vehicle!"

Good balance of comfort and economy

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable interior, plenty of cargo space"

"I work on construction and there is plenty of room for my gear in the cargo area. I would not recommend the storage area accessory option, the cover is hard to use-it does not retract as in Explorer model and has to be unhooked and folded. I have been down muddy and rutted roads many times with no problem on the front wheel drive option. Comfortable as a family car as well."