• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,617 - $27,340.

10/7.8

Based on 571 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

GREAT SUV FOR THE PRICE

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Moon Roof, Ride, Stereo, SYNC....."

Cons: "Seats are a little hard but I had back surgery..."

"I bought a 2011 Certified 2011 SEL with leather, moon roof, backup camera, etc. I traided in my 2010 Lexus RX350 because it was much more expensive and boring to drive. I love the Edge, although the leather seats are a bit on the harder side, but overall it's comfortable, packed with features and the backup camera and stereo works better than Lexus and the ride/Tiptronic is more fun. The Sony sterio is FAR superior to the base level Lexus stereo. I love the SYNC and have had no issues using it at all.. I get an average of 23 MPG's compared to the average 18 MPG's of the Lexus. Needless to say I'm very happy. The giant moon roof is a major plus."

The Beast!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Reliable! Competively priced, Solid and Safe"

Cons: "Plain interior (2008), More power"

"The sincerest form of compliment is when someone rides in your car and then, purchases one. With my Edge, it's happened on more than one occasion in the five years I've owned it. Mine is a first generation series and the interior is comfortable if not a little Spartan. Ride is controlled, but a little busy with moderate road noise. Wind noise, unless gale force is pretty much non-existent. Cabin is definitely spacious and by folding down the back seats, accommodates a bunch of stuff. Speaking of the seats, they are leather covered and comfortable. The driver, especially, has no reason to not find a comfortable long drive position. Controls are logical and intuitive. Interior storage is awesome: door storage is the best I've seen, big center console, three other flat areas within easy reach of the driver. Much better than new vehicles, which I'm currently test driving. I installed an after market hitch, mainly for a bicycle rack but it should be good for towing up to 3500 lbs. Maintenance history and approximate miles other than periodic checkups at Ford dealerships: set of tires (Michelin) at 50K, minor PTU seal leak at 72K, cylinder coil at 15K, battery at 60K. I like this car enough that my toughest current decision is whether to keep it for the long haul or buy a new one. What a dilemma!"

great vehicle to drive.

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Back end of vehicles gets extremely dirty in rain"

"Like the amount of cargo space. Like all Ford Sync features. Easy to drive. Love the black metalic paint."

Fantastic for the price

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, handling, relatively quick, fuel mileage"

Cons: "The usual hard plastic Ford interior"

"I've put 130,000 miles of hard urban driving on this car in six years. It's very quick for it's size and handles extremely well. Plenty of room. The sliding glass roof is very cool but was a pricey option for something I rarely use. Now the downside. The only problem I've had in six years are brakes and tires. No big deal. Yesterday, I found a puddle of antifreeze in the garage coming from the cooling pump weep hole. I've replaced 3 or 4 cooling pumps in my 47 years, but on this model, you have to remove the entire flipping engine! AND, it's driven by the timing chain so you need special tools. I have the know-how but not the time. Now I'm faced with paying 2,000 to fix a car worth about 7,500."

Great SUV (bought certified used) w/tons of value

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable, great technology, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bad MPG"

"I did a lot a research before I bought this car. I looked at the Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscan and Santa Fe Sport 2.0, Toyota Rav 4, Honda CRV, Kia Sportage and compared technology, prices, MPG, comfort and value. I ruled out the Rav 4, CRV, Tuscan because of their engine size as I wanted something with more power. I really liked the new Escape and that was the main contender. Despite what reviews had said, I found the Sync technology easy to use when I test drove and found it was far superior than other brands technology. After driving all new cars, I opted to buy a 2011 Certified Edge. The reason I did so, was all the models I was looking at had all just done model changes in 2013 or 2014 and I wanted to buy a certified used vehicle to save on money. The 2011 Edge has all the same technology as the current model and certified vehicles off leases were easier to find. I ended up getting one off lease with 23K miles all decked out SEL with leather, moonroof, navigation and premium wheels for $23.5K when the list new was $37K. No where could I have found another model I liked at that price. After driving it for several months, I love this SUV. It is super comfortable to drive and has a TON of space. My parents were looking at higher end SUVs after I purchased this one and they agree the setas are the most comfortable to sit in for its price and even compared to more expensive SUVs. The SYNC technology isn't perfect, but it is easy to use despite what people have said and the quality of the interior feels so much nicer than all the other brands I looked at. It also drives very smooth on the highway and roads. Very soft comfortable ride. Now comes to what I don't like. The gas mileage. It's terrible. I know it's an SUV, but in the city, I get about 15-16MPG and on the highway I get about 22MPG so my average since I bought it has been about 19 (the car keeps track of this). If I could go back, I would actually buy a Limited trim instead of an SEL. The Limited trims come with the HD radio and come with the leather, Sync and better wheels standard as opposed to extra on the SEL. Since I bought it used, all those extras really didn't cost me a premium so it was almost as much as the Limited. The only thing I can say its its a great car with bad MGP so be aware of that."