2012 Ford Edge

Based on 656 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Excellent overall value - luxury brand features

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Pros: "Great value, luxury features without the price"

"I'm not a brand loyal car buyer. My wife and I looked at Honda, Toyota, Ford, GM and even Lexus. The Ford was superior in almost every feature category (including comparison to the Lexus). The MyFord Touch was the most advanced system of any brand and works very well. I had heard complaints about MyFord Touch regarding its ease of use but I don't understand those complaints at all. The interior is very comfortable on long rides and the quality of the interior is excellent. I wasn't very excited about buying a "CUV" but with kids it was the practical choice. The most surprising part is how much I enjoy driving it. The powertrain is impressive (3.5L) at almost 300 hp. The car moves and still averages city/hwy combo over 23 mpg and I don't have a light foot. I also tow a couple trailers around 2,000lb and it handles them fine. I'm only at 55,000 miles but I haven't had a single issue. I haven't even had a light bulb burn out. Ford really impressed me with the Edge/Explorer combo and I felt like it was more competitive with the much higher priced Lexus than the comparable GM/Toyota counterparts. So far the reliability is flawless. The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the exterior styling but that's just a personal preference. I think anyone that's looking for a well rounded, well equipped vehicle will find the Edge to be a very convincing offering."

This is my second Edge and I love it!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "great styling, smooth quiet ride, great mileage"

Cons: "nothing stands out"

"I currently own my 2nd Edge, a 2013 Limited with the Panoramic Roof and 20" chrome clad wheels. I have had no trouble whatsoever with my Edge and I get compliments on it frequently. I have the Deep Impact Metallic Blue and it always stands out wherever I am. It has a very smooth, quiet ride and I love MyFord touch. I don't understand why Consumer Reports has issues with it, I am not tech savvy and yet I have never had any trouble using it. The quality is top notch and I love the styling. I average around 25 mpg on my mostly highway daily driving and I have the V6 engine. I love this vehicle!"

Love it so much selling this to buy a new one!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

"My wife and I love our edge. Everything about it is top notch. Rides great, handles great, and is roomy. The engine has all the power you could need and want. Runs great! We love it so much that we are replacing it with a new version of the same car!"

Very good vehicle

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "Like the everready bunny, it keeps going and going"

Cons: "blind spot"

"This has been one of the best cars I've owned. For the first 90000 miles we used this car to pull a 2500 lb trailer from city to city. Our workers abused it, reaching towing speeds of 98 mph according to our gps, yet the car didn't complain. After retiring from the circuit, it has been our daily driver, for both local and long distance trips. The transmission is finally getting balky, and I'm probably going to replace it and continue to drive this car. It still doesn't burn any oil, and has no other mechanical issues I'm aware of. We get 24 mpg at ordinary highway speeds. The interior is now showing a little wear, especially around the gear shift/cupholder area, where that plastic covering always wears. The seat fabric is still like-new. This car has surprising power, enough to tow our trailer without acting like it was overloaded, and without having the drive train die despite unbelievably hard effort. The only negatives I have about this car are that it has a large blind spot, and the hood is high enough compared to front seat levels to interfere with forward curb vision on occasion (even though I am over six ft tall). Also, sych proved to not be for us, it just about drove us crazy, so we have not used it."

LOVE my Edge

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Super comfy, sturdy, smooth ride, great looking"

Cons: "Little pricy, blind spots"

"I cannot say enough amazing things about this vehicle. I've only owned it for a short while now, but i love it. I bought a used 2010 SEL with 43000km on it and it has been a dream. The only negative thing i've found to possibly say about it is the blind spots; they're a little difficult to navigate, but the mirrors have the cut out that let you see further into the other lane so its not a huge deal. I feel so safe in this vehicle, and the ride is so smooth. Even my boyfriend who has said many times he will ONLY buy trucks, said he would purchase this vehicle for himself as well."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Edge near Honolulu. See local deals