2012 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

The Beast!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Reliable! Competively priced, Solid and Safe"

Cons: "Plain interior (2008), More power"

"The sincerest form of compliment is when someone rides in your car and then, purchases one. With my Edge, it's happened on more than one occasion in the five years I've owned it. Mine is a first generation series and the interior is comfortable if not a little Spartan. Ride is controlled, but a little busy with moderate road noise. Wind noise, unless gale force is pretty much non-existent. Cabin is definitely spacious and by folding down the back seats, accommodates a bunch of stuff. Speaking of the seats, they are leather covered and comfortable. The driver, especially, has no reason to not find a comfortable long drive position. Controls are logical and intuitive. Interior storage is awesome: door storage is the best I've seen, big center console, three other flat areas within easy reach of the driver. Much better than new vehicles, which I'm currently test driving. I installed an after market hitch, mainly for a bicycle rack but it should be good for towing up to 3500 lbs. Maintenance history and approximate miles other than periodic checkups at Ford dealerships: set of tires (Michelin) at 50K, minor PTU seal leak at 72K, cylinder coil at 15K, battery at 60K. I like this car enough that my toughest current decision is whether to keep it for the long haul or buy a new one. What a dilemma!"

Fantastic for the price

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, handling, relatively quick, fuel mileage"

Cons: "The usual hard plastic Ford interior"

"I've put 130,000 miles of hard urban driving on this car in six years. It's very quick for it's size and handles extremely well. Plenty of room. The sliding glass roof is very cool but was a pricey option for something I rarely use. Now the downside. The only problem I've had in six years are brakes and tires. No big deal. Yesterday, I found a puddle of antifreeze in the garage coming from the cooling pump weep hole. I've replaced 3 or 4 cooling pumps in my 47 years, but on this model, you have to remove the entire flipping engine! AND, it's driven by the timing chain so you need special tools. I have the know-how but not the time. Now I'm faced with paying 2,000 to fix a car worth about 7,500."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "feels solid, quiet, easy to drive, powerful,"

Cons: "no passenger handles, no glovebox light"

"I love the feel of the car, it's quite while driving, doors are heavy and feel solid and safe, seats (I have leather) are very comfy on long drives, the sliding sun/moon roof is awesome, it's roomy and fits a family of 4 nicely with room for "stuff", it's been very reliable and looks really cool- I love the design (I have black on black). What I did not notice when I purchased it (new) was that it does not have handles on the passenger side (to hold on to while turning or just to rest a hand) and does not have lights in the glove box or storage compartment. Everything is black and tucked away so it's difficult to see unless I get a flashlight. The handles are what I miss the most."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted