• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2012 Ford Edge

Based on 580 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

GREAT SUV FOR THE PRICE

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Moon Roof, Ride, Stereo, SYNC....."

Cons: "Seats are a little hard but I had back surgery..."

"I bought a 2011 Certified 2011 SEL with leather, moon roof, backup camera, etc. I traided in my 2010 Lexus RX350 because it was much more expensive and boring to drive. I love the Edge, although the leather seats are a bit on the harder side, but overall it's comfortable, packed with features and the backup camera and stereo works better than Lexus and the ride/Tiptronic is more fun. The Sony sterio is FAR superior to the base level Lexus stereo. I love the SYNC and have had no issues using it at all.. I get an average of 23 MPG's compared to the average 18 MPG's of the Lexus. Needless to say I'm very happy. The giant moon roof is a major plus."

The Beast!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Reliable! Competively priced, Solid and Safe"

Cons: "Plain interior (2008), More power"

"The sincerest form of compliment is when someone rides in your car and then, purchases one. With my Edge, it's happened on more than one occasion in the five years I've owned it. Mine is a first generation series and the interior is comfortable if not a little Spartan. Ride is controlled, but a little busy with moderate road noise. Wind noise, unless gale force is pretty much non-existent. Cabin is definitely spacious and by folding down the back seats, accommodates a bunch of stuff. Speaking of the seats, they are leather covered and comfortable. The driver, especially, has no reason to not find a comfortable long drive position. Controls are logical and intuitive. Interior storage is awesome: door storage is the best I've seen, big center console, three other flat areas within easy reach of the driver. Much better than new vehicles, which I'm currently test driving. I installed an after market hitch, mainly for a bicycle rack but it should be good for towing up to 3500 lbs. Maintenance history and approximate miles other than periodic checkups at Ford dealerships: set of tires (Michelin) at 50K, minor PTU seal leak at 72K, cylinder coil at 15K, battery at 60K. I like this car enough that my toughest current decision is whether to keep it for the long haul or buy a new one. What a dilemma!"

great vehicle to drive.

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Back end of vehicles gets extremely dirty in rain"

"Like the amount of cargo space. Like all Ford Sync features. Easy to drive. Love the black metalic paint."

Fantastic for the price

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, handling, relatively quick, fuel mileage"

Cons: "The usual hard plastic Ford interior"

"I've put 130,000 miles of hard urban driving on this car in six years. It's very quick for it's size and handles extremely well. Plenty of room. The sliding glass roof is very cool but was a pricey option for something I rarely use. Now the downside. The only problem I've had in six years are brakes and tires. No big deal. Yesterday, I found a puddle of antifreeze in the garage coming from the cooling pump weep hole. I've replaced 3 or 4 cooling pumps in my 47 years, but on this model, you have to remove the entire flipping engine! AND, it's driven by the timing chain so you need special tools. I have the know-how but not the time. Now I'm faced with paying 2,000 to fix a car worth about 7,500."

Best Vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, AWD."

Cons: "No A/C through front seat's. MPG not the best."

"Great Vehicle to own. Drove less then 1k. Not used as a daily driver as I have a work truck. I do drive this when ever I get the chance. Only drove city miles on it so far, have not had a chance to test it out on a long road trip yet but cant wait for the day I do. My wife and I love this vehicle and take it out to shop, and love the auto open rear lift gate. Have all the options and love the fact this is a very safe vehicle. Issurance rates for full coverage are the same as my 2000 Ford Mustang GT that I traded in for this. That was with just liability on the Mustang. If you want a dependable AWD vehicle that has some get up and go when you need it, and like driving a great looking vehicle then get the SPORT model, like I have. You will not be disapointed in your choice."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Edge near Honolulu. See local deals