2012 Ford Edge

Based on 627 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Fantastic for the price

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, handling, relatively quick, fuel mileage"

Cons: "The usual hard plastic Ford interior"

"I've put 130,000 miles of hard urban driving on this car in six years. It's very quick for it's size and handles extremely well. Plenty of room. The sliding glass roof is very cool but was a pricey option for something I rarely use. Now the downside. The only problem I've had in six years are brakes and tires. No big deal. Yesterday, I found a puddle of antifreeze in the garage coming from the cooling pump weep hole. I've replaced 3 or 4 cooling pumps in my 47 years, but on this model, you have to remove the entire flipping engine! AND, it's driven by the timing chain so you need special tools. I have the know-how but not the time. Now I'm faced with paying 2,000 to fix a car worth about 7,500."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "feels solid, quiet, easy to drive, powerful,"

Cons: "no passenger handles, no glovebox light"

"I love the feel of the car, it's quite while driving, doors are heavy and feel solid and safe, seats (I have leather) are very comfy on long drives, the sliding sun/moon roof is awesome, it's roomy and fits a family of 4 nicely with room for "stuff", it's been very reliable and looks really cool- I love the design (I have black on black). What I did not notice when I purchased it (new) was that it does not have handles on the passenger side (to hold on to while turning or just to rest a hand) and does not have lights in the glove box or storage compartment. Everything is black and tucked away so it's difficult to see unless I get a flashlight. The handles are what I miss the most."

Best Vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, AWD."

Cons: "No A/C through front seat's. MPG not the best."

"Great Vehicle to own. Drove less then 1k. Not used as a daily driver as I have a work truck. I do drive this when ever I get the chance. Only drove city miles on it so far, have not had a chance to test it out on a long road trip yet but cant wait for the day I do. My wife and I love this vehicle and take it out to shop, and love the auto open rear lift gate. Have all the options and love the fact this is a very safe vehicle. Issurance rates for full coverage are the same as my 2000 Ford Mustang GT that I traded in for this. That was with just liability on the Mustang. If you want a dependable AWD vehicle that has some get up and go when you need it, and like driving a great looking vehicle then get the SPORT model, like I have. You will not be disapointed in your choice."

good so far, but several poor driver configuations

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive good mileage"

Cons: "Poor driver configuration road noise and roughness"

"This vehicle runs well without the Ecoboost. Mileage is very good. Driver can not get really comfortable because of the following. Steering wheel adjustment is very limited, Seat adjustment is also limited and seats are flat and not very soft, The parking brake is high in the off postion, The brake pedal is too close to the accelater for big feet in thick soled shoes. All occupants complain of road noise and roughness even on smooth looking roads (perhaps the 18 inch wheels and tires). I will keep this vehicle for a while, but will do a better tryout before my next one. Dealer service has been good and costs are good."

Can't go wrong

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Mileage"

Cons: "pricey"

"Bought this for my wife. She's loves it. The EcoBoost gets great mileage plus has a lot of power. Very roomy and comfortable on long trips."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Edge near Honolulu. See local deals