• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2007 Ford Edge

Based on 553 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

I love this car, best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

"I loved driving this car. Its roomy and comfortalbe. I don't want to sell it but I am unable to drive anymore.It's in excellent condition and never had any problems with it"

Totally works for our family and truly fun.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Power, drive ability, Practicality, visual appeal"

Cons: "Should have gotten navigation screen, Panorama top"

"Plenty of power with all wheel drive. There a few small petty things I wish were better with this vehicle such as the panoramic window collects water so when you roll window down before driving water can sometimes pour into cab. I wish the radio display showed artist name or song when on satellite mode. I solved the stiff ride with new tires. Other than that the vehicle runs and rides like a charm. I feel like I am in a more expensive vheicle than it actually is. We love the "sexy" look of the vehicle and how it ages well in lieu of the competition of that year. The sound quality of the vehicle is reassuring. Heavily built, structurally sound and handles well for a vehicle in this class. I wish the gas mileage was better but then again I would not have traded the mileage for the power it has. Compared w and drove 3 others in this class and we are totally glad we made this purchase. Not one issue or problem thus far. No recalls or breakdowns."

She's quite a powerful beast but an elegant one.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "lots of power, lots of class, very comfortable"

Cons: "somewhat high initial cost"

"We bought this SUV/station wagon from the dealer and it came with a lot of options. It's a big thing and at first appears bulky but handles very well and has enough horsepower and torgue with supple responsive steering to get you where you're going fast and in class. Mileage is great, quality is excellent and we've done a lot of traveling in it with great comfort and ease."

I LOVE THIS CAR EXCEPT

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"I AM DISABLED AND CANT GET INTO IT WITH EASE,I NEED A VAN,"

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable and great for trips"

Cons: "Second cup holder is too small."

"I am trading my Edge in for a new one. Since I am a disabled veteran I must have a warranty on my vehicle."

Love the car. Have had it since new

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

"Only had issue with the power brakes after I had to slam them on. No other problems. Great road car."

I love my Edge!

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks great!"

Cons: "Didn't have navigation and can't get an add-on."

"Just went looking, drove off of the lot with it! This vehicle has everything I didn't know I wanted: very spacious, plenty of cargo room, full instrument panel that is easy to see and operate, Sony premium surround sound, Sirius XM, tires that hold the road, and a very smooth ride. It sits just high enough to see over cars but not so high that it is hard to get in or out. Fuel economy is great. And, it feels solid without being a tank. Purchased dealer certified used, added the service and maintenance plans - good to go for 3 more years!"

Love this car

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of room, MPG, power, nice ride."

Cons: "blinded by the chrome shifter when the sun hits it"

"I bought this car new with 32 miles on it; and as you can see, with about 216,000 miles now it has been amazing. It is a front wheel drive; which I thought might be an issue with living up north, with snow and ice. I have not gotten stuck when, even though there were plenty of times that I thought I should've. The leg room is amazing and the cargo area has more than enough room. The gas mileage has actually gotten better over the last couple of months, averaging about 26 mpg (mostly highway driving). This car is fun to drive and has plently of power."

My best vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "well thought out vehicle"

Cons: "first generation Microsoft Sync- not user friendly"

"This car has been the best all around vehicle I've owned. I'm 72 and have owned 12 new vehicles and this one stands out as my favorite. Exceptional power(V6)and highway millage at 27mpg. Only thing with the vehicle is some torque steer on fast low gear acceleration."

Fantastic car.

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Handles very well, back-up camera is great."

"The Edge is a great car. Crossovers are built on a car platform, so you get the handling of a car rather than the truck-ride of the SUV which is built on a truck platform. In 2 years I have only put 17,000 miles on my Edge SEL, so I plan to keep it for a long, long time."

Love my Edge

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

"Best car I have ever owned."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "great drive, looks, awd,comfort,bluetooth,rd mpg"

Cons: "I'd like more cupholders,bump betwe 2 fr seats"

"I own this car after driving a Honda Odyssey for many years. I love the all wheel drive. It handles well. Looks are great. I would like better gas mileage on local driving (wouldn't we all? :) ) But on the road mileage is great...have almost gotten 30mpg at times! Generally more like 27mpg on road trips. The driver's seat has lumbar support and is the most comfortable of the vehicles I tested. The trunk area has sufficient storage but I really missed the huge hauling area of the Odyssey I had, esp with hauling a big dog along much of the time.I have cloth interior; I miss the leather for it's easy cleaning, and looks, but the cloth is very comfortable, has been durable and fairly easy to clean so far, and with dogs, that is a challenge! I do have enough room in the back for a kennel for our golden retriever mix, and he likes his own little space there.I also love the interior temperature control, the bluetooth for my phone, which I find the best for talking with my hard of hearing father. (He can hear me better with this bluetooth speaker set-up than on our home phone or the cell without this!)The acoustics are quite good. I also found I really like the Sirius radio and have continued to subscribe, listening to many of the channels, really great on long trips! What don't I like? I don't like the huge bump between the two front seats. Hard to get a vehicle without that though now, sigh. But the storage inside it is great! So a con and a pro with that. I store change, cds, and lots of other stuff in there!"

Best Ford SUV I ever had and this is my third one!

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

"None"

Could not be happier...

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"I have owned my Edge for just over 3 years now, and I can honestly say this is the best vehicle I have ever owned, for so many reasons. Mid sized SUV that handles like a luxury car. If you have never experienced adaptive cruise control, you are in for a pleasant experience. While using ACC, you feel so much more relaxed while driving for extended periods, it is truly amazing! The rest of the vehicle is also a dream to own. Plenty of technology inside and the way the interior is designed, it makes it very comfortable. The SYNC system is very helpful while driving. It allows you to complete so many options without ever taking your eyes off of the road in front of you. Superior design and technology."

Really Happy with our Purchase

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Good Price, Fuel economy, Stylish"

Cons: "No option for vented seats, or adjustable pedals."

"I bought this vehicle to replace my wife's '04 Honda Accord it had a V6 and averaged 25mpg. That was my baseline for fuel economy we drove several different vehicles and after a bit of research we settled on the Ford Edge Limited w/Ecoboost. It is a great ride it typically averages 27mpg on her daily drives, which consist of country roads and city traffic, and 28 to 29 at hwy speeds. It never struggles when passing or getting up to speed and has plenty of power. The limited model comes with tons of options and some convenience options other manufacturers didnt have(i.e Remote Start). Three adults can sit comfortably in the back seat, unlike the Escape and CR-V we drove.It has a nice comfortable quiet ride and is a joy to drive."

Great car

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Great price for the kind of car your getting"

"Great for the money"

WORST TRANSMISSION EVER!!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "car looks nice"

Cons: "too many expensive transmission problems!!!!!!"

"After keeping an impeccable maintenance record, the transmission started making noises. I took it into the ford dealer but they claimed that it was normal. eventually they said that the transmission was bad and they installed a refurbished transmission for $3500. Two weeks later i finally received the car but it still makes the same noises. it runs rough and loud but the dealer keeps saying thats normal. i talked to an independent transmission specialist and he told me that the ford edge transmissions are one of the worst. transmission slippage is one of the most common problems with this vehicle. i will never buy a ford vehicle again!!!!!!!!!"

good so far, but several poor driver configuations

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive good mileage"

Cons: "Poor driver configuration road noise and roughness"

"This vehicle runs well without the Ecoboost. Mileage is very good. Driver can not get really comfortable because of the following. Steering wheel adjustment is very limited, Seat adjustment is also limited and seats are flat and not very soft, The parking brake is high in the off postion, The brake pedal is too close to the accelater for big feet in thick soled shoes. All occupants complain of road noise and roughness even on smooth looking roads (perhaps the 18 inch wheels and tires). I will keep this vehicle for a while, but will do a better tryout before my next one. Dealer service has been good and costs are good."

great car in any type of weather awd solid

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "mpg could be better"

"Looking for a quality awd car loaded with extras and a powerful engine this car is for my family."

This is my second Edge and I love it!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "great styling, smooth quiet ride, great mileage"

Cons: "nothing stands out"

"I currently own my 2nd Edge, a 2013 Limited with the Panoramic Roof and 20" chrome clad wheels. I have had no trouble whatsoever with my Edge and I get compliments on it frequently. I have the Deep Impact Metallic Blue and it always stands out wherever I am. It has a very smooth, quiet ride and I love MyFord touch. I don't understand why Consumer Reports has issues with it, I am not tech savvy and yet I have never had any trouble using it. The quality is top notch and I love the styling. I average around 25 mpg on my mostly highway daily driving and I have the V6 engine. I love this vehicle!"

great car for the money

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "good value I like this car"

Cons: "outside road noise is a bit loud"

"Edge has served me well drives better than my 2010 SRX"

It's got power and presence.

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Everything. Well designed."

Cons: "Can't think of one yet..."

"I'm from the country and grew up driving trucks all my life. Before I bought this SUV, I was driving a 1995 Ford F-150 and have added 153,000 kms to her. She's an old truck, banged and bruised but she was and is still our old reliable Betsy. Since we live in a city now Betsy isn't too easy on gas and she is a pain to park. So we looked into getting another vehicle for zipping around town. The dealer we had was awesome, he took into account that we still wanted power and giddy up and go, we wanted something that would be comfy for all family members (we are rather tall people) and would suit our needs for everyday. The Ford Edge was recommended to us. The test drive was fun and she still is fun to drive. She handles great, easy on gas (we are getting approx. 660 kms to a tank of gas), and just a pure joy to drive. Going from driving trucks all my life to driving something half the size, we wanted some giddy up and go, we wanted presence on the road since we seem to live in a world of over sized trucks and a smaller vehicle can get lost. I can say that the Ford Edge has both. My husband and I feel safe driving her knowing that we wont get swallowed up by a big truck. I have to say I can't say anything negative about our SUV. She's a keeper."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable"

Cons: "limited tech package"

"Great vehicle.. sturdy construction, comfortable ride... spacious interior with roomy seating and ample storage/cargo space. Seats configure for multiple uses. Very reliable, no maintenance issues."

The best SUV I have ever had!!!

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "It's my Ford with a Ferrari Engine!"

Cons: "I don't like the paint color, but it's flawless."

"I have owned other, larger SUVs in the past (Navigator, Aviator, Tahoe, Suburban) and this is the best overall. Even though I miss the luxury feel of the Navigator and Aviator, I have nice leather and all the toys without the big boxy / heavy feel that I got driving them - especially the GM brands. Not to mention, I drive over 150 miles per week for work, and have gotten well over the mileage that the dealer quoted. I am currently getting 25 miles per gallon and that is without having a recent tune up or oil change. I have gotten 32 miles per gallon after a tune up and oil change, and my husband loves this vehicle because of the comfort, suspension and handling. The only thing that I really am finding some times on occasion, is that the transmission slips from 1st to 2nd suddenly and jerks, but that is only once every 5-6 months when I am driving a lot in the cold weather. Although I miss the bigger size, I have plenty of room for my business needs and can put 4 other people inside comfortably. I have to say that Ford actually has changed my mind, so I may actually look at their newer Edge or Expedition now that I am so impressed with their reliability and fuel efficiency."

Love My Edge

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "We turn heads, fun to drive, fits my lifestyle,"

Cons: "17" spare with 20" tires!!"

"My last three vehicles were Volvo's and I thought I never love another but my Edge Limited AWD is the Bomb!! From just being cute, to tailgating, to camping,to hitting the mountain in the snow, to commuting,to the board meeting, to carrying a load Ford has got it right with this one. The only things missing are remote start, back up camera and hands free hatch opening(which I am sure are on the new Edge). Sorry Volvo you lost a forever customer...."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Edge near Honolulu. See local deals