2013 Ford E150 Cargo Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,233 - $27,066.

Based on 223 Ratings for the 1992 - 2014 models.

Love it! Comfortable for a truck and very reliable

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room"

Cons: "Not the best gass mileage"

WHEELCHAIR LIFT

"I have driven this van for 10 years. Very reliable I bought and had a wheelchair lift and tie downs put in so I could take my mom in it. Only draw back is gas mileage but gets about 18 on highway which isn't too bad for a big box."

WHEELCHAIR LIFT

good dependable vehicle

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "comfort and roomy"

Cons: "pricey repairs but it is a van"

"dependable ride with alot of room even with steel shelving. Ive moved alot with this van and almost always had an easy time with"

Its been a great driving experience

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"First of all - V10 Triton! This is the peppiest car I've owned. It has been amazingly reliable. normal wear and tear has been minimal. This van seems to be built to an industrial level. I use it for family, and hauling anything I would normally put in a pick up. The seats are very easy to remove. The passenger legroom is limited."

FORD IS # 1

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"MY ford van was born in April same as I. 155,000 and still gowing strong, had it for 13 years."

Safest

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Today I Was Rearended by a peterbuilt at 40 Miles and Hour I was stopped and was pushed into the car infront of me and totaled it out,The van is totaled but only minor surface damage as in rinkled side and doors wont open had to tow the Peterbuilt from seen When Ford says Built ford tough well im sold and Seat belts did a great job to even with 167000 miles....."

very dependable

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle for ten years and it has performed very well with very few problems. I have only had to perform minor repairs along with regular maintenance. I have probably spent less than about one thousand dollars total (including reg. main. and repairs.) It has served me excellently. I have never changed the trans. fluid and I change the oil and filter about every seven to eight thousand miles. I always use Castrol products, including synthetic oil."

Fuel Economy

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

"I use this van everyday running a plumbing service business. The only issue I have is with the small 4.2 V-6. It performs well considering the truck is always "heavy" due to what we carry. The fuel economy listed is 13/15 which is way out of line. On good days I'm lucky to see 10mpg and just very slightly better on the highway, maybe 11mpg. Friends of mine with the same van but with the small V-8 are seeing 15/20 MPG. Funny though, this was the last model year where Ford used this small engine in these vans. From 2003 and forward the small V-8 was standard"

I really enjoy my Ford Van

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage."

"I bought this vehicle used in great condition and have put about 100,000 miles on it. It rides very comfortable and has been very reliable. The only draw backs are that of course it is hard to parallel park, and it gets relatively poor gas mileage. I have had horrible luck with American cars in the past, this is the only American car I have owned that did not break down frequently. I have only had to do minor maintenance on it for the 7 years I have had it. And I was rear ended at high speed by a drunk driver and didn't feel a thing. The van needed some cosmetic work, but the frame and everything held up like a tank. If only gas were cheaper I would keep this vehicle for another ten years."

Terrible Vehicle!!

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

"I purchased my 5th E250 van in Dec. 2010, all had been bought new from the dealer. My engine just went out at 18K miles and both the dealer and Ford Corp. are giving me a hard time of honor the warranty. I also purchased an extended premium warranty for this van. They want me to agree to $2500 to diagnose the problem!!! Terrible van and customer service. I do not ever plan on purchasing another Ford again. They have gotten worse over the years, you would think they would be providing better customer service and workmanship to build and keep customers after the automotive financial problems they have had."

Blown spark plug common problem

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power for towing and highway"

Cons: "blown plug and cost to repair!"

"Ford spark plugs blowing out is a common problem with Triton engines in Ford F150 pick up trucks, Mustangs, Crown Victorias, Vans, Expeditions and motor homes made before 2004. Ford 4.6, 5.4 and 6.8 modular engines are prone to spark plugs being blown out of the cylinders due to the aluminum threads failing. Ford dealers do not recommend repairing the threads. They only recommend replacing the cylinder head and that runs into the thousands of dollars."

super for long travel van great for our lg family

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "everything!!"

Cons: "our family no longer requires this :("

"We have traveled well over 20,000 miles traveling the USA to see so many wonderful places and people. It has been great to take kids, luggage and bikes and no major issues!! When we've been home it has been great to offer to take groups of kids to various events. The things we learn about ourselves and the kids and the relationships built and memories made. Great vehicle for great price."

Like taking a ride on the living room sofa

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "our van was fully customized. it was like a den .."

"For 16 years we have totally loved this Van. We have driven it all over the US. 8 people ride comfortably on the velvet cushioned seats. We rarely feel any road bumps. There are heater and AC vents thru out the cabbin and the 6 stero speakers make for a great Party ride! Ya, it's no econ car, only 14 18 MPG but you can go aprox.400 miles on a tank at posted speeds."

I will miss my White Knight house-on-wheels.

By on Friday, September 09, 2011

Reason: no longer needed for business

Pros: "room, power, dependability"

Cons: "air conditioner to rear not efficient, no rear operational windows"

"I loved my van, it held all my camping gear and we could sleep in it if it rained. I hauled lumber, bricks, furniture, and sometimes 9 passengers. It handled great, had power for hills even when loaded- and I could pack it! Cornered great-never questioned its stability even at higher speeds. My only complaint was the air conditioner vent to the back ran thru the top- hard to cool in direct sun- and it needs operational windows in the very rear.When the kids were grown, I took out 2 mid seats, put down rugs, added a cooler and floor pillows and it was my tail-gate party mobile."

96 Ford Enonoline E150

By on Sunday, September 13, 2009

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned, very few problems, fuel pump, tires and brakes along with general maintenance. 1996 with 215000+ miles.We have taken this conversion van on a number of cross country trips and it is comfortable and transported 6 to 7 people with ease. It handles well in the MN winter snow with the right tires you can get through most snow storms. It pulls my fishing boat like it's not even there!"

Best Van

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"Over the years, I have owned three of these - they are comfortable and easy to drive. They are powerhorses that require little maintenance, only the usual tire and oil changes, with the Triton engine going 100K miles before even a tune-up! I have always gotten good mileage, 18MPG on average. They tow well, you usually forget there is anything behind you. I have consistantly used these vans to drive about 26 thousand miles during a two month period every summer, pulling a fully loaded 4X8 cargo trailer - and the Ford E-150 never lets me down. Fellow vendors switched to Fords after suffering multiple breakdowns with other makes and models. Maintenance Tip: No matter what you drive, try a "Motor-Vac" if you've got high mileage on your vehicle. It is a process that pulls all the carbon build-up out of your engine. It's inexpensive and does wonders for performance."

Reliable Vehicle

By on Friday, December 07, 2007

"The Ford van we own does anything we ask it to. It has plenty of power & has alot of horsepower. It was also recently voted the longest lasting, most reliable van you could buy because there were more Ford Econolines with 200,000mi or more than any other van."

Great people-over

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"We acquired this van as a used vehicle on a trip when our old vehicle died. It was 9 months old and had 27K miles on it when we got it. We've had it 2 years and 4 months and now have 75K+ miles on it – 20K+ per year. The only thing we've had to use our extended warranty for was the ball joints. I just recently put tires on it. I retrofitted a 3rd bench seat so it is 11 passenger now. With 8 of us in the family it really is a great people-mover and comfortable for our family. The only negative I can say is it is just a small bit underpowered, even with the 5.4L V8 when fully loaded with our family and a small trailer. Also, the 5W-20 oil is a bit harder to find than standard 5W-30. It is built really well though and has worked out great."

awsome

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and cold a/c"

Cons: "gas milage isnt the best"

"this van is fully loaded with tv and dvd and everything is still factory with 200000+ miles and still runs strong,all I have replaced is a radiator and thermostat and hoses and basic oil changes and tune ups,it still runs and drives like new and only has minor chips in the still factory paint,ford did a great job building this van!"

The Family Van

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Top Notch Quality, Durable, Spacious+Comfortable"

Cons: "Terrible mpg, handling, bad with cross wind"

"Mom bought this van brand new when gas prices werent an issue. This van took us everywhere in comfort and safety! now 12 years old, this van still runs and drives great, with the only mechanical repair needed was a new starter (personally fixed with ease). This old van shows good old Ford Quality. Some rust in areas (being in the rust belt of America) but overall holds up and still looks great. The only downfall that keeps this thing in the garage all year is the gas mileage. 32 gallon tank that gets filled up as quickly as a regular car (when actually driven). Most likely never get rid of this van unless totalled. Nice job Ford!"

Handicap accessible equipment installed.

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Rear access. Easy to park. Low cost insurance."

Cons: "15 mpg. Roof rust only affects paint, not metal."

"Rear wheelchair lift with inside and outside access. Power driver's seat goes up, down, forward, backward, swivels. Tie downs, floor mounted. New battery for lift. Can be driven with hand controls or the usual way. Knob on steering wheel. Hooks around inside interior. New wiper blades. New main battery will be installed April, 2014."

The E350 Super Duty Van is the best "work truck"

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

"The E350 Super Duty Turbo Diesel van is the best "work truck" I've ever owned. Granted, there are things to be said about a tail gate and a bed, the E350 Super Duty Turbo Diesel with a rack and tow package hauls and transports loads, is nimble, swift, manuvers and parks well. the E350 can be used for a multitude of trades and services."

Excellent affordable vehicle

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Excellent multiple use vehicle!"

Cons: "Fuel mileage of 11-18 with the 5.4 V-8."

"This vehicle is great for carrying my family of 8 with ease of entry/exit and capable of towing a 32 foot camper behind! The SYNC System is innovated, user friendly and extremely accurate! I've own an E350 passenger vans prior, and it was superb as well however with the new design, comfort and power this vehicle is the tops!"

Van is clean and drives like a dream.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Bought for song and dance."

Cons: "no cons,all good"

"Has all the bells and whistles. Radar detector,electric seats,cup warmer and coolers, f/r heat and air,CB radio,TV,DVD players VCR player,front and back radios, Headphones for rear,solar pannel,ice buckets,Carvac,privacy double shades,automatic high low beams,Front step on front bumper,Limo style interior lighting,clothes rack and storage cabinets along bubble top. Tires are P255/70R15 and are pumped to 45LBS. Got 16.5 MPG on trip on interstate and in town on trip."

The amount of room can't be beat.

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, room, safety, and power."

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This has been the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. I have owned it for 5yrs and the only thing that I have done to it is change the oil and air filter and tires. I am always impressed how much this van can hold. When we travel we take everything and anything that we might possibly need. When the kids were babies, we would take their highchair, swing, bouncy seat, plus all the luggage and toys the kids might want. The only thing to consider when purchasing is the gas mileage. Mine gets 12mpgs around town and maybe 14 on the highway. But if you know that and are ok with it then this van can't be beat. It will run forever and will hold everything you could ever need."

This van is by far THE BEST vehicle I've ever had

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Low cost of ownership, extremely reliable."

Cons: "Many parking spaces for small cars not vans."

"Besides normal tune-up, tires, brakes, belts, and hoses; this Ford E150 passenger van far exceeded the reliability of any other vehicle I have ever owned; and I have owned over 30 in my 42 years of driving! Only an ignition switch during warrantee and one alternator was required in addition. I bought the van in 2004 when it was a year old with only 20k on it for my wife. We have gone on many trips of several hundred miles with little or no vehicle prep, other than 5k oil changes. She enjoyed the excellent 360 degree visibility from a higher seating, plus the short hood for seeing around things blocking her normal view at driveways. The dual air worked great in the scorching Texas summer heat and has never required additional service. The mileage was surprising for the 5.4L V8; she was able to get 19 mpg where I only got 16 mpg. With right at 200k hard miles it has begun to have some slight mechanical noises; normal, I guess, for the hard life it has endured, but I can't complain for the lack of expenses for 180k miles we have driven it."