2006 Ford Crown Victoria

Based on 380 Ratings for the 1998 - 2011 models.

Great car

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "slippery winters"

"I love this car. Im 6' and can get in and out of this car very easily. The ride is great, and I love power. Very dependable and the few repairs ive had to do to this car are very affordable. great gas mileage even with a v8. My only issue is that I live in northern indiana where the winters can be tough to drive with such a powerful rear wheel drive car with such a light rear end. I hate to get rid of it but im going for a 4wd"

Crown Vic

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"I was amazed at the highway gas mileage I got with my 2001 Crown Victoria. Driving on cruise control at 70-75mph I got slightly over 28 mpg with air conditioning on. Had I slowed down I may have gotten closer to 30. The car is large enough for 6 people and we had it because we had two teenage boys to carry to school and sport events. Lots of trunk room and a full-size spare. Good handling and performance. Very minimal maintenance which actually occurred when the vehicle was new and in warranty. All I have spent on this car was oil, filter, and tire changes in the years that we have had it."

Bulletproof No Nonsense Car

By on Monday, October 7, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Safety, Room, Proven Durability"

Cons: "A little Noisy at highway speeds but not bad."

"I just hit 70k miles with my 2011 Crown Vic in 1 year and have done nothing but maintenance. Our company has 525 employees nationwide and all have their own vehicles. They get paid car allowances and can write off mileage so its to your benefit to buy a low maintenance car. My work associates both drive camrys. One with a 2005 160k and one with 2009 with148k. We have salesmen in crown victorias from the early 2000's with over 370k. The 2006 needed a transmission at 144k and the 2009 needed serious engine work costing over $2000 at just passed 112k. I get between 19-23 MPG in town and range from 24.5-29 mpg on the highway. I run full synethic oil and change it every 10k. This car drives like a 59 cadillac. I have driven it from San Diego, Ca to Reno, NV numerous times in 1 day. I will buy another used one when this one stops running."

Best Bang for yor Buck

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"I bought my 2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport brand new. Even though I had some minor quality issues, they were taken care of without any drama by the local dealership. Other than routine maintenance and replacing items that normally wear on any vehicle, I've had no major issues save for one; the electronic HVAC module decided to retire early leaving me an $800 price tag to replace. That price did not include labor by the way, which would have boosted the repair to $1000. Even with the vehicle out of its warranty, I asked Ford to replace it because it was an electronic component, which I figured is not subject to the rigors of high mileage such as that of, lets say, suspension components. Anyway, no dice from Ford and the aforementioned dealer was able to install a refurbished module for under $500. Of very worthy note is that the brakes (pads and rotors) were not even touched until the odo read 130,000. I'm in sales and do a lot of driving and have owned vehicles that needed rotors turned every 10K and pads replaced every 30K. The vehicle is very comfortable for me and any passengers. Short or long trips are a pleasure. The trunk is huge and one is able to pack a lot into it. Engine power is adequate and should be boosted. A car of this size should have at least 300hp on tap and at least the same number in the torque department. But the car moves well, none-the-less, especially at speed. It's a shame that Ford has killed the Panther platform, which the Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, and Town Car share. At $25,500 out-the-door, my Crown Victoria has been the best bang for my buck, hands down."

most comfortable car made

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "Great reliability, plenty of room great handling"

Cons: "no back seat cup holders,looks like a grandpa car"

"This car is the most comfortable, reliable car we have ever owned. Great pick up goes extremely fast with wonderful handling! Safe and large enough for a big family or to take lots of friends wherever you want to go. Great gas milage for it's size or any size!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Crown Victoria near Honolulu. See local deals