1997 Ford Contour

7.1

Based on 399 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

THIS IS A SECOND OWNER CAR BOTH WITH SENIOR STATUS

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Cons: "FORD HAS DISCONINUED PRODUCTION"

"VERY GOOD HANDLING, SPORTY AUTOMOBILE"

Good Transportation, Clean Interior, Good on Gas

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Good Maintenance, Drives nice, Clean Interior"

Cons: "Paint is fading, scratches, dents"

"One owner car with all scheduled maintenance, have receipts. Drives great. Engine is smooth and runs effortlessly. Excellent engine and transmission. Paint is fading and scratches in some parts of the car. Good for college student needing a first car."

Great little car . Great price.

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Minus the rust I would still recommend this car"

Cons: "Not fond of cloth seats, but they were comfortable"

"This car owes us nothing. It started out as our youngest daughter's first car. We bought it used from a dealer. Our daughter had a few minor fender benders and some repairs. It still looks good on the outside and not bad at all on the inside, We took good care of it. It was good on gas and it has lasted and been reliable up until today; 2014. It has 183,000 miles on it, but unfortunately there is rust underneath the car; the main cross bar. At this point, fixing it would not make much sense. I guess it's time to say goodbye to our little red contour."

300,000 miles and still drives like new

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Great engine, powerful, reliable, handles well"

Cons: "Can't get them any more"

"Awesome car. Best car I've ever owned in the past 35 years. The V6 Duratec engine is strong and powerful, very reliable. Everything original, including original water pump, timing chain, head, struts, ball joints, etc. Car handles well and has plenty of get up and go. I've driven this car up and down the east coast, into New York many times. Handles well in all weather and passes other cars like they're standing still. Cruises great at 90+ mph. Changed oil every 3 - 4,000 miles. Ignore the "my approximate mileage is 95,000." I entered this by mistake. The actual mileage is 300,000."

Slightly dependable

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Reason: Moved away

Pros: "Good gas mileage, handles well"

Cons: "Transmission issues"

"I bought this vehicle at 94k and sold it at 115k. I bought this car from a personal dealer so I didn't get the background info on possible previous accidents or how well it had been maintained. But as with all Ford's, it's biggest problem was the transmission. After driving a decent amount of time in the vehicle, it would shift hard. Also, they don't make the tires that go on this car anymore, so I had to buy tires that were just slightly bigger. This car does offer some things to boast about though. I owned this car in Michigan and it handled snow beautifully. It also just drove very well in general. The turn radius was large, but it was a small little car that could be parked anywhere. Though it had it's transmission problems, it still started everyday and never failed to get me where I was going, even if the transmission made it struggle to do so. I wouldn't recommend a Ford in general after my experience, but if you had this one in mind, it really isn't a bad car from short work and school commuting."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Contour near Honolulu. See local deals