1996 Ford Contour

7.1

Based on 414 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.4/10

SVT is the bomb

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I bought my SVT when it was 2 yrs old and had 59k miles on it. It is now 10 yrs old and has 203k miles on it. This car is great, the only two parts that have been replaced are the water pump and alternator. The car shows no signs of slowing down either. I run it on synthetic oil and premium gasoline and it stays clean and smooth. Great car, I don't know if I will ever find one I like more."

Poor Man's Maxima

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"With the V6 and 5 Sp, even with (good) 14" tires this car quietly outcorners and out-accelerates much more sporty and costly cars. Ours is still bulletproof at 197,000 miles. The 2.5L Duratec 6 was designed by Porsche and sold to Ford. It has a higher redline than most 4 cylinders. 1st gear can bog if the AC is on like most 4 cyl cars but once it's in the power band it's great."

Just right - to Ford-" fill the gap!"

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"The thing I always liked about the CONTOUR was that it is just the right size, the right power, the right gas mileage, the right sportiness, the right handling. The worst thing about the Contour and I have had 2, is the road noise on a trip. Almost unbearable, can't hear the music. Mechanical quality does suffer a little after about 70000 miles. Some odd quirky decisions like nonlocking glovebox, no ashtin, no cd player, no keyless entry, these seem unsmart as far as Ford was concerned. The paint job is beautiful after 7 years. Ford should revive this vehicle in some form. There is a gap to fill !"

very dependable

By on Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, handles nice, good gas milage"

Cons: "i dont care for the leather"

"bought car with 119000 miles now has 229000 only things replaced were maitence parts, brakes, tir rods, ball joints, alternater, and struts. still has orginal clutch. never had to replace major parts or gaskets. will get alot more miles out of this car. the only thing i dont care for is the wiring under hood is cracking and has been since we got car but has not had running issues. it also has the 2.5 ltr v6"

good value for the money

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I bought mine used for $1200. It is a '98 4 cylinder with a 5 speed. I have replaced only items which wear out: brakes once, alternator, water pump, wipers, timing, and accessories belts. The water pump was still good at 125,000, but since my shop was replacing the belts, I had the pump replaced. I do this with all my vehicles at about this mileage This is a superb vehicle. 30-33 mpg, pleasant to drive, and mine has been very reliable. I love it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Contour near Honolulu. See local deals