1995 Ford Contour

7.1

Based on 409 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.4/10

SVT is the bomb

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I bought my SVT when it was 2 yrs old and had 59k miles on it. It is now 10 yrs old and has 203k miles on it. This car is great, the only two parts that have been replaced are the water pump and alternator. The car shows no signs of slowing down either. I run it on synthetic oil and premium gasoline and it stays clean and smooth. Great car, I don't know if I will ever find one I like more."

Great reliable car

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, started through even the coldest weather"

Cons: "Um, its a 98? Overall great car for its time"

"This was my first car and I love it. Looking at buying a new vehicle currently as it has almost one quarter of a million miles on it. It has had some minor work done on it over the years, but what car doesn't. Original struts and clutch still. I have had a few 2 O2 sensors that have had to be replaced, but everything else seemed to be normal wear and tear. I'm sure there could be some other things as well as parents put quite a few miles on it originally. Great gas mileage as I get 30-32 mpg most of the time."

BEEN A GREAT VEHICLE!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Great MPG"

Cons: "Interior styling is boring, body shape is ugly"

"I've owned this car for about 6 years now. Never had to replace anything major. I keep my vehicle maintained meticuosly, I'm a mechanic and constantly check and change things regularly. Basic tune-up's and fluid changes. Has 135,000 miles now and been from sc to ny back to sc then back to ny within a month and gave me no problems, cruise control works great heat/ac great. I am also a heavy foot driver and have no problems getting to the desired speed, pretty peppy for a four cylinder and gotta love that gas mileage, especially now gas is $3.53 where im at. only real problem iv'e been having is the driver door you have to push then pull to open. Other than that great car, I'm a chevy guy and when I bought this Ford Contour I was sceptical about the FORD logo, but i've never really heard or dealt with any problems with the Contour models so I bought the car and I'm very pleased with it. If your considering buying this car please do research on what kind a driver had it before. Simplist rule if you are going to look at the car check the oil, If it is black, then the owner does not care to have a fresh oil change while he is selling it. If I sell a car all fluids are flushed and replaced. Hope this helps"

1996 Contour GL

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "affordable, fun to drive, fast, comfortable"

Cons: "idling, suspension, chipping paint"

"I got this car when I was 17 years old as my first car, paid $600 for it and it only had 69,000 miles on it in 2008. For a 13 year old car it's in great condition, have only had to replace oxygen sensors, the water pump and struts. It accelerates quickly and is so easy to drive. It's been a fairly reliable car, and I'll be sad to see it go but I'm ready for something new, I almost want to take it into the dealership and say "give me another car that's as close to the ford contour as it gets!""

Poor Man's Maxima

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"With the V6 and 5 Sp, even with (good) 14" tires this car quietly outcorners and out-accelerates much more sporty and costly cars. Ours is still bulletproof at 197,000 miles. The 2.5L Duratec 6 was designed by Porsche and sold to Ford. It has a higher redline than most 4 cylinders. 1st gear can bog if the AC is on like most 4 cyl cars but once it's in the power band it's great."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Contour near Honolulu. See local deals