• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,521 - $23,261.

8.0

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

very reliable

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

"Bought a 2013 left over June of 2014, wasn't to sure about it but, my wife loved it. We were getting up to 45.2 mpg, and then there was a accident. A driver crossed over the center line of a two lane road, at a high rate of speed and hit her head on. To my surprise the passenger compartment was not compromised, and EMT's were able to just open the doors to get her out. I latter found out the car has a Four star rating for frontal collisions. My wife sustained some serious injuries but she lives to tell her story. Thank You FORD. She Will buy Another"

Last hybrid car I will ever buy

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "MPG, if driven like grandma"

Cons: "Too many to list here."

"Most cars nowadays are going with the "electronic key" instead of a physical metal key. There are so many flaws in this, I don't know where to begin. The only positive statement I can make about this car is it is decent on MPG's. If you drive like grandma, you can achieve a great MPG, but for the normal driver, high 20's to lower 30's is to be expected. With the FOB, I can never tell if the car is locked or not. There are no physical indicators, ie a knob which is either up or down which can be clearly seen through the window, except for a hard to find, barely visible LED on the dash. For a mechanical test to make sure the door is locked, the door opens every time, cause the FOB is with me. The car does have a little bit of power, however, driving this car is like driving the "hound dog" on the porch whose "get up n go" is done gone.In my over 2 decades of driving, the only thing I have ever had to do with the brake is to "stop" and later on, to shift out of park. Having to "brake" just to start the dumb thing is totally unacceptable! To my hearing, the cell phone "blue tooth" wireless thing is muffled where I can only hear ever so many words. I realize my hearing is not the best, but this is totally awful! Even though I just bought this hunk of junk, I'm looking for a fast turnaround to get rid of this thing as fast as I can."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "good mpg, fun to drive, hybrid monitoring tools,"

Cons: "ford sync"

"After months of indecision, I bought a C-Max in July 2013 and have not had any regrets. I've had no battery problems, no major sync problems and my mileage currently averages 43 mpg (& still increasing). I love the car's pickup on the highway - I have no problems keeping up with traffic on the interstate or passing when necessary. This is a fun car to drive! Plus, the SEL is very comfortable - I don't feel I sacrificed creature comfort to buy a hybrid. I would buy this car again in an instant. In fact, I'm thinking of taking up my dealer's offer of trading it in for a 2014 model (although I love the blue candy color & they don't have a 2014 in that color)."

Poor quality, terrible gas mileage for a hybrid!

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Gas mileage not as advertised."

"Those of you that are getting the great gas mileage must drive downhill wherever you go! There is a reason why Ford has refunded C-Max owners some money twice in the past year. We have owned this car for a year and a half and it has been in the shop more than on the road. Ford has reprogrammed the computer several times which they tried to charge me for even after admitting that it doesn't get the gas mileage that it is supposed to. We get 37 on the highway and 34 around town as long as you don't turn on the A/C if you do the gas mileage drops considerably- 32-34mpg. We tried to trade it in but,it is worth about $3,000 less than we owe on it after paying it down about $10K."

Great, quality, high mileage car - a Prius killer

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"Like most C-Max buyers, I test drove a few Prius's and was not impressed by the lack of power - not an issue with this car. I have had this C-Max for 2 years now and am very happy. I can be a very fast driver at times, especially on the freeways, yet still achieve over 40 mpg. Only a few issues. The power hatch needed many adjustments to properly close, but is ok now. The AC unit failed on a long trip in AZ, but Ford fixed the problem. The software update improved the electric motor's ability to run the car at 60 mph, very impressive. My only complaint is that the seats are a little too firm, noticeable on long trips."