• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,198 - $23,775.

8.1

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, Fun to drive, Good looking,"

Cons: "Arm rests are to low, Some engine noise in the cab"

"After looking at the Toyota Prius this car was the obvious choice for me. The car comes loaded with standard features that the Prius did not have. And it is nice to know that this car can give you great acceleration. This car is a mix between the Focus and the Escape. It looks good and it runs good. I’m so happy with this car. Ford has done a great job with this car!"

My first hybrid. Thus far I'm pleased.

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Instrumentation, Ride, Power, Sync"

Cons: "No jack or spare. Has a small compressor w sealer"

"Recently bought a SE and thus far I'm very pleased. Room enough for 4 +size adults to fit comfortably. Power is more than adequate, handles very nice. On my most recent 60 mile jaunt driving both highway and city I managed 47.7 mpg. (according to the trip computer). The instrumentation gives very detailed efficiency and driving reports. Sync is very intuitive and convienient. Lots of storage compartments (mostly for smaller items). Interior is spacious. Comes standard with Michelen tires."

Very excited to buy this car after driving it.

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Fun, great MPG, amazing front seats, good ride"

Cons: "No memory seat option"

"I am amazed at how much I loved this little wagon/ not quite a van/ tall hatch! It is actually fun to drive unlike the Prius (I had one as a loaner while my vehicle had body work done). The car accelerates smoothly, rides great and has good handling. There is little lean in turns. The seats are some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in. They are way better then my current Infiniti or my Acura I had before that. I didn't have any problems using the controls. The amazing thing is you forget your driving a hybrid. The only noticeable turning on and off of the engine is a slight whiring sound that is barely detected. This is far different then the Prius I drove that felt like it was stalling all the time. It also has plenty of get up and go if you need it. I nearly killed myself trying to get the Prius to go. I am amazed at Ford. I haven't owned an American car in 20 years but I am, without a doubt, buying this fun little hybrid. I am not rating reliability because I don't own the vehicle. I can say that I know several people who have had fords recently, including the escape hybrid, and they have all been reliable. I also know of someone who had the hybrid battery system fail in their fairly new Prius. I also personally owned a corrola that was the worst car I've ever had in my life. I have always leaned towards Honda or Nissan products but the lat two have been nothing special reliability wise. I will rate reliability on this model after I have owned it."

Don't buy a Ford Hybrid

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

I don't own this car

"Having spent the last month unsuccessfully trying to get Ford to warranty the failed hybrid battery cooling system of my 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid (only 140,000 km), I will never buy another vehicle from Ford. If they will not proudly stand behind the vehicles that they make, then purchasing the CMAX would be like burning my money. I have no faith that Ford has the technological ability to properly engineer and build a vehicle of this complexity and ABSOLUTELY no trust that they will support the customers who buy it when it will inevitably fail. I purchased the Toyota Prius V and sleep easy knowing that this amazing vehicle contains the legendary Toyota quality and that Toyota's respect for its customers will alleviate any concerns if they do arise. Don't buy a Ford hybrid...you will regret it! Are you listening Ford?"

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next