• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,521 - $23,261.

8.0

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Fun, Agile and Fast Economical Driving

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Whole car"

Cons: "Redundant controls"

"Mileage was the primary reason to get a hybrid and thought I lose out in performance and be pushing the limits to trying keep up with the cars in the fast lane. I drive about 65 miles a day with 55 miles on the expressway. The performance is outstanding and I travel the fast lane and catch myself exceeding the speed limit quite often. The ride is solid and sticks to the ground. A big surprise to me was the 40 mile per gallon range (39 to 41) without a change in my driving style. The driving part is great, the Hybrid part takes a little getting used to mostly in the way is starts. There is no engine cranking like a typical auto. I have been driving the Cmax for a year and still not used to it. The transition from gas to electric power is mostly not perceptible but once in a while the gas engine automatically transitions to electric can be noticed and may be startling while stopped in traffic. The air conditioning runs on its own compressor so the gas engine will run when needed to charge the battery and the heating is still from the engine but it also starts and stops when required. When warming the car while I was shoveling the snow in the driveway the Cmax engine stops and after a while starts running, all by itself and that got my attention. For myself the Hybrid system is different, The performance is Great, The interior is great, The driving controls are great. But the entertainment system interface takes something getting used to. Switching screens to listen to the radio, CD, AM, tone controls and some of the redundancies steering wheel controls and consul controls, voice controls, touch screen controls. I have no problem with them but I would rather have an old fashion push button radio."

So far so great!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Turn radius could be better"

"Let me begin by saying I was very skeptical about the advertised MPG when looking to purchase this vehicle. After reading many reviews from other consumers I finally decided That this was the car for me even if I only get 40 MPG. 250 miles in and I'm averaging 40 MPG's (Driving habits didn't change much at all either). With the amazing heads up display and driving couch it's hard not to get the most out of this vehicles fuel economy. I foresee my average MPG growing as the car breaks in too. I rated it 5/10 for reliability; in all fairness I haven't had it long. 9/10 for driving dynamics; the turn radius isn't what it should be for a car of this class. The car got 10/10 for everything else. I drive a Prius for work and let me tell you these two cars only compare in fuel economy. The C-max is far superior in looks, comfort, handling, road noise, gadgets, practicality and fun. This is a car you don't have to be ashamed to drive. I purchased the SEL 301A package with the panoramic sun roof and got it for around 27,500. Sun roof is amazing, especially if you have sensory seeking children. Just a thought for you people looking for a family car. I could go on and on with all the things I love about this car. I couldn't be happier with my C-Max."

Possibly the best car I've owned in 50 years.

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, storage capacity."

Cons: "Microsoft MySync."

"I picked the car up new and very shortly drove from OH to AZ for a 2 month stay. Jammed to the back of the seats, it drove and handled well and got excellent mileage. Test drove Prius and Prius V first then C Max. Both Toyota's, especially the V, lacked power. I felt the V fully loaded would be way too slow getting onto expressways. The C Max is fun to drive and attracts attention (ours is ruby red). Consumer Reports complained that the regenernative braking is touchy. Maybe at first but once acclimated muscle memory takes over and there is no problem, at least for me. I now drive for mpg and 100% regen. braking. My only complaint, mild at that, is the Ford Sync by Microsoft. I wouldn't let MS near my car or anything else. I'm sure by now Ford has learned it's lesson."

Very good I would purchase another

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, quiet smooth ride"

Cons: "No spare tire,"

"My wife and I love driving the C-max. Lots of room diver and passenger seat and quiet ride. All the option was easy to learn and use. The only three negatives: 1. For a compact car the turning ratio is large( K or U turns, tight spaces)2. No spare tire. 3.Glass on rear door does not open( had to open door to put small packages in)."

unreliable with battery problem. inferiorly made.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "more horse power than other small hybrids,"

Cons: "false gas mileage, noisy, battery problem"

"MPG less than what they advertised, makes loud noise when accelerating, parts are cheaply made, not easy to set up the dash computer. My worst complaint about this car is the battery problem. The battery has died on me 4 times so far. They changed battery in May this year and it died again first week of August. Ford acknowledges their is a problem but really, i don't think they know how to fix it. If it dies one more time, i will ask for an arbitration process to claim this a lemon! No i would not recommend this car."