2014 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,525 - $23,375.

8.1

Based on 63 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Replaced my GMC Acadia

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Perky, excellent fuel economy, plenty of room"

Cons: "Can't think of one !"

My Ruby Red Metallic 2014 CMAX SEL

"I am a rather tall (5'6") and am an avid gardener. I like to be able to haul plants, mulch, bags of dirt etc so need plenty of hauling space. I also have a 300+lb Husband who needs head room. I also wanted a vehicle that gave me great gas mileage as I do a lot of volunteering. I also wanted style & comfort when traveling. I got it all in the 2014 CMAX I bought last Sept. It is the perfect car for me. I get even better mileage than the advertised hiway of 37 MGP and city of 42 MPG. The leg room, head room and storage area in back meet my needs. Recently took trip to St. Louis and found it to be very comfortable and easy to handle on the hiway. I love the blue tooth technology, braking coach, and EV feedback on screen. No complaints !"

My Ruby Red Metallic 2014 CMAX SEL

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, Fun to drive, Good looking,"

Cons: "Arm rests are to low, Some engine noise in the cab"

"After looking at the Toyota Prius this car was the obvious choice for me. The car comes loaded with standard features that the Prius did not have. And it is nice to know that this car can give you great acceleration. This car is a mix between the Focus and the Escape. It looks good and it runs good. I’m so happy with this car. Ford has done a great job with this car!"

Love my Maxie!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great exceleration & mileage"

"I love this car. It's comfortable, solid feeling, handles beautifully, gets really good mileage (about 44 mph average so far…lots more sometimes.) I love the hands free phone and the Sync feature for my iphone music with hands free too. It's also worth the $5 mo for the ability to get directions and tell the system which artist or playlist I want to play without looking at the iphone or ipod. Nice, nice feature! I have the SE, the basic model without the parking feature or foot touch for the back, but I really don't need those features. The visibility is fantastic vs the Prius, and although the hatchback door is heavy, this 69 yr old woman has no problem lifting it! One other note: I have always had a lead foot and love speed, so gentle starts and stops took a little getting used to, but I find that I'm enjoying driving a lot more because I'm not as "driven" to get a fast start and stop. However, the exceleration is really good when you need it (very powerful) and you can put on cruise control when you hit 65 or 70 and let it rip!"

It's fine, but not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Pros: -Comfortable *More length between the seats and floor boards, which makes you feel like you aren't sitting on the ground and gives more leg room. *Spacious head room -Smooth transition between battery and gas -Plenty of space in the back for anything and everything I have wanted to put in it, including a large bathtub. -Enough horsepower to not feel strained even with 4 large men in the car. Cons: -Terrible turning radius. -MyTouch features are constantly messing up, such as clock changing times, Sirius 'buttons' show blank rather than the stations, and bluetooth to my phone hardly ever works and when it does the person on the other side says it sounds like a hair dryer is blowing. -My MPG over the lifetime of the car is 42.0 and I've put 30k on it in the year that I've had it. Since the software update, I have been getting a little better gas mileage. With the way I drive, in the city it's about 46 and highway 36. -Ford customer service has been extremely difficult to talk to. Any time I have a question or am unhappy with something on my car, they have been rude and always say 'that's just the way it is', 'we have never heard of that before' or some other remark that's equally unhelpful. -The clicker on the key for the hatchback can be frustrating at times. You are supposed to click it twice to open it, but sometimes it will just refuse to open. It will unlatch, but not lift. -If you do have to break hard (like a score of 50 or less on the 'coach' thing), the car lurches forward a couple times during the break almost like there are air bubbles in the breaking system. I think it has something to do with the hybrid system."

Poor quality, terrible gas mileage for a hybrid!

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Gas mileage not as advertised."

"Those of you that are getting the great gas mileage must drive downhill wherever you go! There is a reason why Ford has refunded C-Max owners some money twice in the past year. We have owned this car for a year and a half and it has been in the shop more than on the road. Ford has reprogrammed the computer several times which they tried to charge me for even after admitting that it doesn't get the gas mileage that it is supposed to. We get 37 on the highway and 34 around town as long as you don't turn on the A/C if you do the gas mileage drops considerably- 32-34mpg. We tried to trade it in but,it is worth about $3,000 less than we owe on it after paying it down about $10K."