2014 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,514 - $23,216.

7.9

Based on 50 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

This is the car that met all my needs.

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage, outstanding passenger & driver comfort"

Cons: "No spare tire"

On the showroom floor

"I wasn't looking for a C-Max. It found me. Had never heard of them when I saw one in the Ford showroom. Realized it had everything I needed. Comfortable seating for 5, rear seat folds down flat, good mileage (40 mpg), very smooth ride, performs well out on the highway and in town, attractive quality interior cabin, nice exterior styling. I love the sound system, navigation, comfort controls. Get lots of compliments (usually prefaced by "What kind of car is this?) I don't know why Ford hasn't advertised the heck out of this car. I love it. So do my passengers. The windshield/windows/moonroof make this a great car for touring pleasure. My only concern: Old school me wishes I had a spare tire. Recently I caught a nail that blew through my sidewall. Fortunately I was close to a dealer. Wouldn't want to get stuck somewhere remote without a spare."

On the showroom floor

Unreliable, bad on snow (and even rain)

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Reason: Poor reliability

Pros: "Comfort, storage space"

Cons: "Battery, transmission, inclement weather driving."

"I purchased the 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid and began to regret my decision very quickly. Yes, the seats are comfortable and the gas mileage on the sticker is enticing. However, the mileage is not at all as advertised. When I purchased my car it was advertised at 47 MPG. My average at 36,000 miles is 38.4 MPG. The seats remain comfortable as I am tall, and the visibility is nice. It has decent storage room for a small vehicle. However it has been nothing but problems since the day I drove it off the lot. In the past month I have had to take my car back to the dealer 3 times. Twice I had to have it towed there. In the first year of owning this car it spent more time in the shop than my previous vehicle, which I owned for 10 years. The worst of the problems include the battery failing (twice, it was on its third battery when I sold it,) the transmission leaking, and the gear shift locking to where I couldn't put the car in gear. There were also numerous smaller issues and some other significant issues, so this car has been nothing but trouble. Another negative is that it does not drive well in any sort of weather. I have had the "traction control" kick in and cause me to start sliding while starting (slowly) from a stoplight in light rain. It slides around on the snow, unable to get any traction. In short, it is a comfortable car, but you can never really rely on a car that is at constant threat of failing to the point that it cannot be driven. It also does poorly in inclement weather."

very reliable

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

"Bought a 2013 left over June of 2014, wasn't to sure about it but, my wife loved it. We were getting up to 45.2 mpg, and then there was a accident. A driver crossed over the center line of a two lane road, at a high rate of speed and hit her head on. To my surprise the passenger compartment was not compromised, and EMT's were able to just open the doors to get her out. I latter found out the car has a Four star rating for frontal collisions. My wife sustained some serious injuries but she lives to tell her story. Thank You FORD. She Will buy Another"

Last hybrid car I will ever buy

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "MPG, if driven like grandma"

Cons: "Too many to list here."

"Most cars nowadays are going with the "electronic key" instead of a physical metal key. There are so many flaws in this, I don't know where to begin. The only positive statement I can make about this car is it is decent on MPG's. If you drive like grandma, you can achieve a great MPG, but for the normal driver, high 20's to lower 30's is to be expected. With the FOB, I can never tell if the car is locked or not. There are no physical indicators, ie a knob which is either up or down which can be clearly seen through the window, except for a hard to find, barely visible LED on the dash. For a mechanical test to make sure the door is locked, the door opens every time, cause the FOB is with me. The car does have a little bit of power, however, driving this car is like driving the "hound dog" on the porch whose "get up n go" is done gone.In my over 2 decades of driving, the only thing I have ever had to do with the brake is to "stop" and later on, to shift out of park. Having to "brake" just to start the dumb thing is totally unacceptable! To my hearing, the cell phone "blue tooth" wireless thing is muffled where I can only hear ever so many words. I realize my hearing is not the best, but this is totally awful! Even though I just bought this hunk of junk, I'm looking for a fast turnaround to get rid of this thing as fast as I can."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "good mpg, fun to drive, hybrid monitoring tools,"

Cons: "ford sync"

"After months of indecision, I bought a C-Max in July 2013 and have not had any regrets. I've had no battery problems, no major sync problems and my mileage currently averages 43 mpg (& still increasing). I love the car's pickup on the highway - I have no problems keeping up with traffic on the interstate or passing when necessary. This is a fun car to drive! Plus, the SEL is very comfortable - I don't feel I sacrificed creature comfort to buy a hybrid. I would buy this car again in an instant. In fact, I'm thinking of taking up my dealer's offer of trading it in for a 2014 model (although I love the blue candy color & they don't have a 2014 in that color)."