2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid

8.0

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle to drive

By on Thursday, May 07, 2015

"I bought my CMax in March, 2013. We only put about 11000 miles per year on it, even with numerous trips to S.Carolina. This is also the car we drive around town, and I drive it to work. I previously had a Prius, so was used to a hybrid, and a light touch on the gas pedal. I like the CMax over the Prius because 1) it has considerably more power, 2) sits up higher, 3) dash doesn't "wash out" in the sun or when I put on my sunglasses, 4)tailgate lifts by itself, 5) has a quieter and more comfortable ride, 6) has more interior and cargo room. The Prius wins out on Mileage (51mgp overall to 41 mpg overall), an opening sun-roof available, and having push-button start (I didn't pay for the high end model). I have had to have the battery replaced twice, and numerous recalls have been made on my year, but I expected some of this because it was the first year model in the US. Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle, as when I compare to other vehicles out there, I would still pick my CMax. I really like that this car sits up just enough that it is easy to get in and out of. When I ride in other vehicles (Fusion, Camry, Chrysler 300, Avalon), I have trouble getting out of the car - not so with my CMax. This may be the last vehicle I buy!"

Great car and great mpg's

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, Style, Great MPG's and Great fun."

Cons: "None so far."

"Recently traded in my 13.7 mpg Jeep for the C-Max and couldn't be happier. Not even worn in and still averaging around 43 mpg to work and back. Mpg's do drop in the morning when it is cool out. Gas engine works harder for the heater and to warm up the engine. I am heavy footed, but easily can keep it in the electric mode while crusing. Trip computer very helpful and keeps you in the right zone for efficent driving. Shop around and you can score a deal. purchased a SE with 202a package for under $23,300. Can't beat the price for the quality and gas savings. For a small car, it feels much larger while driving. This car has the power you need when you need it. Test drove a Prius prior to purchasing and almost gave up on Hybrids due to the wimpiness shown by the prius. Glad I didn't as this car has everything I need from daily commuter to weekend fun. Looking to drive and save $$ for long time."

Great competiton to the Prius

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Handles well, nice interior/exterior"

Cons: "Break in period for mpg. less mpg in cold weather"

"I've had this car less than a week. I have the SEL 300A with panoramic roof. Coming from a 2007 Escape this has been a huge uprade in terms of luxury/options and mpg. The panoramic roof does not open. Its very nice, especially for rear seat passangers, but it is pricey. Car handles great compared to a compact SUV. Solid acceleration. The shift from electronic to gas is very smooth. The brakes are very grabby due to the regenerative breaking, but I'm getting used to it. With the Escape I was getting 15mpg with hilly city driving. I'm averaging 40+ mpg now. That being said, during my morning commute the gas engine runs more to run the heater which has reduced my mpg. Its a short commute too, so by the time the EV kicks in per normal, I'm almost to work. So I've been getting 29mpg in the AM and 47-49 mpg in the PM. I've gotten 60+ mpg on easy roads. That being said, the manual claims a break in period, and many other are reporting much better MPG after the 2nd or 3rd tank of gas (1000+ miles). As much as 5-7mpg difference, so I expect my 40 average to get up to 47 then once the break in is over. There is also a little button I found on the gear stick that will improve regenerative breaking return. Since the gas engine runs more often when the battery is <50% full this may be a better way to improve MPG in lots of stop/go traffic. I have not had a chance to play with it much. So far I have had zero regets buying the car. Need to be patient with the final mpg verdict, but for me it is already a huge improvement. Storage is about 20-30% less than the Escape, but there are floor compartments to help store little things. There is also a normal 120V plug, USB plugs and automatic phone syncing via bluetooth."

I just bought my C-Max and LOVE it!

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, great MPG, great handling, American Made"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet!"

"I have been a die hard Saturn fan for years but recently took a new job and have to commute 100 miles a day. I researched hybrids and drove Prius, Honda Civic and the C Max and the C Max beat out all the rest hands down! It's classy, stylish, comfortable, handles great and has great umph! Mileage is good, not quite to what's posted but it's increasing daily as the car is broken in. I think Ford has hit this one out of the park! I was also very happy to find a great hybrid that is American made from a company that stayed strong through all the financial crisis. Go Ford! I'm very happy with my new car!"

Love this car

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, sits higher than Prius"

"Im getting 48 mpg in mixed driving, town, country roads and highway. Very comfortable interior. Im 5'3" so really appreciate the telescoping steering wheel and adjustable height seat. 6 ft friend had lots of leg room and head room. Definitely recommend this car. And love the fact that it is an American car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford C-MAX Hybrid near Honolulu. See local deals