2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid

8.0

Based on 47 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Last hybrid car I will ever buy

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "MPG, if driven like grandma"

Cons: "Too many to list here."

"Most cars nowadays are going with the "electronic key" instead of a physical metal key. There are so many flaws in this, I don't know where to begin. The only positive statement I can make about this car is it is decent on MPG's. If you drive like grandma, you can achieve a great MPG, but for the normal driver, high 20's to lower 30's is to be expected. With the FOB, I can never tell if the car is locked or not. There are no physical indicators, ie a knob which is either up or down which can be clearly seen through the window, except for a hard to find, barely visible LED on the dash. For a mechanical test to make sure the door is locked, the door opens every time, cause the FOB is with me. The car does have a little bit of power, however, driving this car is like driving the "hound dog" on the porch whose "get up n go" is done gone.In my over 2 decades of driving, the only thing I have ever had to do with the brake is to "stop" and later on, to shift out of park. Having to "brake" just to start the dumb thing is totally unacceptable! To my hearing, the cell phone "blue tooth" wireless thing is muffled where I can only hear ever so many words. I realize my hearing is not the best, but this is totally awful! Even though I just bought this hunk of junk, I'm looking for a fast turnaround to get rid of this thing as fast as I can."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "good mpg, fun to drive, hybrid monitoring tools,"

Cons: "ford sync"

"After months of indecision, I bought a C-Max in July 2013 and have not had any regrets. I've had no battery problems, no major sync problems and my mileage currently averages 43 mpg (& still increasing). I love the car's pickup on the highway - I have no problems keeping up with traffic on the interstate or passing when necessary. This is a fun car to drive! Plus, the SEL is very comfortable - I don't feel I sacrificed creature comfort to buy a hybrid. I would buy this car again in an instant. In fact, I'm thinking of taking up my dealer's offer of trading it in for a 2014 model (although I love the blue candy color & they don't have a 2014 in that color)."

Poor quality, terrible gas mileage for a hybrid!

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Gas mileage not as advertised."

"Those of you that are getting the great gas mileage must drive downhill wherever you go! There is a reason why Ford has refunded C-Max owners some money twice in the past year. We have owned this car for a year and a half and it has been in the shop more than on the road. Ford has reprogrammed the computer several times which they tried to charge me for even after admitting that it doesn't get the gas mileage that it is supposed to. We get 37 on the highway and 34 around town as long as you don't turn on the A/C if you do the gas mileage drops considerably- 32-34mpg. We tried to trade it in but,it is worth about $3,000 less than we owe on it after paying it down about $10K."

Great, quality, high mileage car - a Prius killer

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"Like most C-Max buyers, I test drove a few Prius's and was not impressed by the lack of power - not an issue with this car. I have had this C-Max for 2 years now and am very happy. I can be a very fast driver at times, especially on the freeways, yet still achieve over 40 mpg. Only a few issues. The power hatch needed many adjustments to properly close, but is ok now. The AC unit failed on a long trip in AZ, but Ford fixed the problem. The software update improved the electric motor's ability to run the car at 60 mph, very impressive. My only complaint is that the seats are a little too firm, noticeable on long trips."

Great Car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Ride, Fit and Finsh, Features"

Cons: "Tire noise on rough roads"

"First I like to note that I have never bought a Ford before, always GM or Chrysler, but this car blew me away! I've owned this car for about a year and just cant believe what a neat car it is, I got one that had all the bells and whistles and Ford just did a great job putting this car together. When it gets very cold I get around 43 mpg, but when its warmer, over 50 degrees, I been getting from 47 to 52 mpg and I'm very pleased. I was told to expect 43 and some reviews Consumer Reports for one (which I learned a long time ago was not all together trustworthy) say they couldn't get better than 37? Well beyond that great mpg, its also a just a great car, it has the C-Max body (from a Ford car marketed in Europe for a number of years), focus chaise, and fusion hybrid engine system. It has on board blue tooth, and a computer voice command system that's not bad at all (bit of a learning curve). Great Sun Roof, and super back up camera and front/back beeping sensors (it even parallel parks itself). The breaks are bit jerky at first, but once you learn to light foot them, they are just fine. The hybrid system is near flawless, you can't feel the gas motor cutting in and cutting out, sometimes on a steep hill you can hear it, but don't feel it. Most of the time the only sound I hear is the road noise from the hybrid tires, not bad on good roads but can get noise on rough or gravel roads. Talked to a Ford mechanic about this car and he said they had the least amount of trouble out of this drive system than of any car they service. Oh and just a note, I came out of a Cadillac Deville and this is a lot smaller on the outside and much more nimble, but has the fit and finish of the Cadillac and on good roads as good a ride. That's saying a lot form a $25k car going up against a $45k car. Well good luck and good hunting, this is a nice, neat, and well organized car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford C-MAX Hybrid near Honolulu. See local deals