• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,663 - $24,364.

8.2

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

Great car and great mpg's

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, Style, Great MPG's and Great fun."

Cons: "None so far."

"Recently traded in my 13.7 mpg Jeep for the C-Max and couldn't be happier. Not even worn in and still averaging around 43 mpg to work and back. Mpg's do drop in the morning when it is cool out. Gas engine works harder for the heater and to warm up the engine. I am heavy footed, but easily can keep it in the electric mode while crusing. Trip computer very helpful and keeps you in the right zone for efficent driving. Shop around and you can score a deal. purchased a SE with 202a package for under $23,300. Can't beat the price for the quality and gas savings. For a small car, it feels much larger while driving. This car has the power you need when you need it. Test drove a Prius prior to purchasing and almost gave up on Hybrids due to the wimpiness shown by the prius. Glad I didn't as this car has everything I need from daily commuter to weekend fun. Looking to drive and save $$ for long time."

Great competiton to the Prius

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Handles well, nice interior/exterior"

Cons: "Break in period for mpg. less mpg in cold weather"

"I've had this car less than a week. I have the SEL 300A with panoramic roof. Coming from a 2007 Escape this has been a huge uprade in terms of luxury/options and mpg. The panoramic roof does not open. Its very nice, especially for rear seat passangers, but it is pricey. Car handles great compared to a compact SUV. Solid acceleration. The shift from electronic to gas is very smooth. The brakes are very grabby due to the regenerative breaking, but I'm getting used to it. With the Escape I was getting 15mpg with hilly city driving. I'm averaging 40+ mpg now. That being said, during my morning commute the gas engine runs more to run the heater which has reduced my mpg. Its a short commute too, so by the time the EV kicks in per normal, I'm almost to work. So I've been getting 29mpg in the AM and 47-49 mpg in the PM. I've gotten 60+ mpg on easy roads. That being said, the manual claims a break in period, and many other are reporting much better MPG after the 2nd or 3rd tank of gas (1000+ miles). As much as 5-7mpg difference, so I expect my 40 average to get up to 47 then once the break in is over. There is also a little button I found on the gear stick that will improve regenerative breaking return. Since the gas engine runs more often when the battery is <50% full this may be a better way to improve MPG in lots of stop/go traffic. I have not had a chance to play with it much. So far I have had zero regets buying the car. Need to be patient with the final mpg verdict, but for me it is already a huge improvement. Storage is about 20-30% less than the Escape, but there are floor compartments to help store little things. There is also a normal 120V plug, USB plugs and automatic phone syncing via bluetooth."

Finally, A Hybrid That Drives Like A Real Vehicle

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, technology-rich, quiet, roomy, mpg"

Cons: "MyFord Touch slightly wonky, small storage in back"

"Hybrid vehicles like the Toyota Prius have gained a well-earned reputation for being gentle at the pump but somewhat rough to drive, especially up hills or at high speeds. The Ford C-Max Hybrid steps into the void and does a terrific job blending excellent fuel economy with a ride that doesn't punish you for trying to save on gas. Acceleration is brisk and immediate, while the steering comfortably grips the road with a sporty flair. On uphill jaunts the engine won't whine or strain, although fuel economy will obviously dip. Due to a generous amount of headroom and excellent interior placement, the ride feels open and free to an almost luxurious degree. The backseat also features lots of headroom, although longer-limbed individuals may be glad the front seats can be pulled a long ways forward. The cargo area is slightly undersized with the backseats up and somewhat more ample with them down, although it offers more than enough storage space for the typical shopping or vacation excursion. The automatic rear liftgate will almost immediately become a favorite feature, as it as proved its usefulness repeatedly for me since I often have to carry heavy computing machinery to my vehicle. Not having to fish for my keys or struggle to reach a handle has made this task much, much easier. The technology system that came with my SEL trim is also an enjoyable trait, as it features a deep and vibrant reporting system that can tell you almost anything you want to know about the sate of the vehicle, from fuel economy and vehicle health to the current satellite radio station, track and artist, all at the press of a button. The most important feedback the car will give you through the gorgeous LCD displays integrated into the dash is the customizable mileage and energy expenditure gauges. If you are observant of the car's realtime reporting you can reach and exceed the EPA mileage ratings, although typical, heavy-footed drivers will likely average closer to 40 MPGs rather than the EPA-rated 47. My car included the latest version of the Ford MyTouch system designed by Microsoft, and featured voice commands (which you prompt through a switch on the steering wheel) that generally did a good job understanding typical English. The rearview camera system would also show on the large 8.4" center screen that housed the MyTouch computer. While some people may get confused by the deep menu of commands available to them in the MyFord Touch system, I had a good experience with it since I have a technology background. The ability to direct the navigation system to a new destination by voice commands worked well, and the ability to tell the car which MP3s to play off of my USB thumbdrive by name or artist was a joy to use. Overall, the 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid is an excellent car that finally marries an above-average driving experience with the fuel economy of much more spartan cars. If you're looking for a stylish, feature-filled car that can actually pull its own weight without hurting you at the pump, this vehicle has to be at the top of a very exclusive list."

More people should drive hybrids

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Styling, performance, price"

Cons: "Steering takes a large radius"

"Hybrids were not a choice for us until now. Styling, price and performance were the issues. This car has the styling. It looks great. Ford has really come on strong with their new line up. We originally were looking at the new Fusion and not heard of the C-Max. My wife saw it at the dealer and really liked it. Price was pretty good for a car with all the features. We got the SEL with the 303a. A conventional vehicle like this wouldn't be much different in price. We saw a similarly equipped Focus for just a little less. Driving it was a surprize. This car really goes. My neighbor says his Prius barely makes it up the hill where we live. The car handles well and is almost silent even when the gas motor is running.The steering seems to take a lot of work to get into a tight parking spot. We haven't tried the active parking yet. Gas mileage is not quite there yet. So far the gauge shows we are gettting 35-38 mpg. I hope to learn to drive better and get the rated 47 mpg but I'm pretty heavy footed. The auto liftgate with foot activation is not working all the time so I need to take it in. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be any other defects."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, Fun to drive, Good looking,"

Cons: "Arm rests are to low, Some engine noise in the cab"

"After looking at the Toyota Prius this car was the obvious choice for me. The car comes loaded with standard features that the Prius did not have. And it is nice to know that this car can give you great acceleration. This car is a mix between the Focus and the Escape. It looks good and it runs good. I’m so happy with this car. Ford has done a great job with this car!"

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next