• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,719 - $23,420.

7.9

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

So far so great!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Turn radius could be better"

"Let me begin by saying I was very skeptical about the advertised MPG when looking to purchase this vehicle. After reading many reviews from other consumers I finally decided That this was the car for me even if I only get 40 MPG. 250 miles in and I'm averaging 40 MPG's (Driving habits didn't change much at all either). With the amazing heads up display and driving couch it's hard not to get the most out of this vehicles fuel economy. I foresee my average MPG growing as the car breaks in too. I rated it 5/10 for reliability; in all fairness I haven't had it long. 9/10 for driving dynamics; the turn radius isn't what it should be for a car of this class. The car got 10/10 for everything else. I drive a Prius for work and let me tell you these two cars only compare in fuel economy. The C-max is far superior in looks, comfort, handling, road noise, gadgets, practicality and fun. This is a car you don't have to be ashamed to drive. I purchased the SEL 301A package with the panoramic sun roof and got it for around 27,500. Sun roof is amazing, especially if you have sensory seeking children. Just a thought for you people looking for a family car. I could go on and on with all the things I love about this car. I couldn't be happier with my C-Max."

Possibly the best car I've owned in 50 years.

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, storage capacity."

Cons: "Microsoft MySync."

"I picked the car up new and very shortly drove from OH to AZ for a 2 month stay. Jammed to the back of the seats, it drove and handled well and got excellent mileage. Test drove Prius and Prius V first then C Max. Both Toyota's, especially the V, lacked power. I felt the V fully loaded would be way too slow getting onto expressways. The C Max is fun to drive and attracts attention (ours is ruby red). Consumer Reports complained that the regenernative braking is touchy. Maybe at first but once acclimated muscle memory takes over and there is no problem, at least for me. I now drive for mpg and 100% regen. braking. My only complaint, mild at that, is the Ford Sync by Microsoft. I wouldn't let MS near my car or anything else. I'm sure by now Ford has learned it's lesson."

Best car I've ever owned. Great mileage, quality.

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, great gas mileage, great accel."

Cons: "must stop to adjust navigation"

"I traded my 2010 V-6 Accord for the C-Max in order to get better fuel mileage. To my complete surprise, I like every aspect of the C-Max better than the Accord. Its just as quick and has better handling. It's substantially smoother and quieter and the electronics are superb. Ford has really done it's homework with this one."

unreliable with battery problem. inferiorly made.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "more horse power than other small hybrids,"

Cons: "false gas mileage, noisy, battery problem"

"MPG less than what they advertised, makes loud noise when accelerating, parts are cheaply made, not easy to set up the dash computer. My worst complaint about this car is the battery problem. The battery has died on me 4 times so far. They changed battery in May this year and it died again first week of August. Ford acknowledges their is a problem but really, i don't think they know how to fix it. If it dies one more time, i will ask for an arbitration process to claim this a lemon! No i would not recommend this car."

I'm lovin' my CMAX

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Well priced, well designed, fun to drive"

Cons: "Color choices could be better"

"Read the reviews in advance that took issue with the advertised 47MPG fuel economy and can only assume the reviewers either didn't know how to drive a hybrid or were driving in the Rockies in mid-winter. I'm early in the "break in" stage and by using the "coach" and dashboard "status" screen, find that the car literally teaches me to drive smarter. Average fuel economy is 42.9MPG - and some trips have been significantly higher. By the time it's "broken in", I'm confident 47+MPG will be the norm. Great car!"