• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,912 - $24,537.

8.2

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

GREAT RELIABLE CAR BUT...............

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE. SMOOTH"

Cons: "MPG NOT WHAT STATES ON STICKER"

"I purchased my 2013 ford cmax hybrid sel with all the bells and whistles right off the show room floor at the end of October. I was pitched by all the sales guys and seen commercials pitching that it gets 47 mg combined. even said on the sticker. I bought the vehicle and I am very meticulous about my mpg. This is the sole reason I bought this vehicle. I drive a lot. I have now put 21,000 miles on it. It has been reliable and has no problems and overall a great driving experience. Here my problem. After the first hundred miles of driving I was only getting 36 mpg.I immediately called the dealer and asked them why it wasn't getting 47mpg as on the sticker. They didn't know and said they would research it for me. So, after I er waiting a few days. They call me and tell me the "THE HEAVY DUTY BREAK IN OIL IS CAUSING THE VEHICLE TO GET LESS MPG. YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL YOUR 10,000 MILE SERVICE TO RECEIVE THE FULL BENEFITS OF YOUR VEHICLES MPG". I thought this was ridiculous but I had to believe them. I kept in touch with the sales rep from the dealership and it continued 36 mpg. Mind you that is 11 miles less then the sticker. so, at 9,980 miles on the car I went and got my 10,000 mile service. They changed the oil and all the other things they do during that kind of service. When I leave they tell me" YOU SHOULD SEE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN MPG NOW". I had to drive another 250 miles that day. I reset the trip 1 just to accurately check the mpg from that day. And after my day. MY MPG WENT DOWN to 31 mpg. I couldn't believe it. I called the dealership and complained. Feeling I have been lied too multiple times just to get a sale of the most expensive version of this car they had on the showroom floor. The dealership then told me they would call me back . A few days later they again tell me. but now the full breakin period for my vehicle is 20,000 miles. Now I know they are lieing. Because you know what. AFTER 21000 MILES I ONLY AVG. 35.6 MPG. HOPE THIS HELPS ."

I just bought my C-Max and LOVE it!

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, great MPG, great handling, American Made"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet!"

"I have been a die hard Saturn fan for years but recently took a new job and have to commute 100 miles a day. I researched hybrids and drove Prius, Honda Civic and the C Max and the C Max beat out all the rest hands down! It's classy, stylish, comfortable, handles great and has great umph! Mileage is good, not quite to what's posted but it's increasing daily as the car is broken in. I think Ford has hit this one out of the park! I was also very happy to find a great hybrid that is American made from a company that stayed strong through all the financial crisis. Go Ford! I'm very happy with my new car!"

not getting mpg as stricker states

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

"I like the quiet engine. But my mpg is lower that the stricker stated. Was told to drive for about 1000 mile and I would break it in. Well after about 3000 miles was was still getting only 38 mpg. Ford checked it out and said there was nothing wrong with my C-Max. I drive 2000 mile a month in all weather conditon and crusie control about 70% of the time on hwy and still getting 38mpg. If i drive 40 to 70 mile per hour it is still 38 mpg. I have contacted the Ford company about the false advestisement. Somenone did get back with me. We will see what will happen in this matter. The mpg was the only reason I brought the car in the first place to save on the gas mileage. Hopefully this can be settled. Will keep everyone updated."

Liked it from day one.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing yet"

"Purchased the SEL in October with everything but the glass roof. Had a PC clich that Ford Engineers seem to have worked out. Drove 20 miles today, both city and interstate and averaged above 50 mpg. Couldn't do that prior to the PC fix. Love the ease of entry to the drivers seat. Easiest entry/exit vehicle that I have owned ever. Been driving for 55 years. Love the foot operated tailgate, heated seats, great forward windshield visibility, backup camera and side and rear sensors. Accelation is great. Tried Prius and Prius V. Glad I waited for this one. Fun to drive. Had Car in dealership for many days. Ford provided loaner while Engineers studied problem with PC. Protection mode canceled accelerator pedal and vehicle would self accelerate to 35mph by itself. Engineers came up with fix and car is performing better than at first. Fuel mileage increased because of the fix."

Great car and great mpg's

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, Style, Great MPG's and Great fun."

Cons: "None so far."

"Recently traded in my 13.7 mpg Jeep for the C-Max and couldn't be happier. Not even worn in and still averaging around 43 mpg to work and back. Mpg's do drop in the morning when it is cool out. Gas engine works harder for the heater and to warm up the engine. I am heavy footed, but easily can keep it in the electric mode while crusing. Trip computer very helpful and keeps you in the right zone for efficent driving. Shop around and you can score a deal. purchased a SE with 202a package for under $23,300. Can't beat the price for the quality and gas savings. For a small car, it feels much larger while driving. This car has the power you need when you need it. Test drove a Prius prior to purchasing and almost gave up on Hybrids due to the wimpiness shown by the prius. Glad I didn't as this car has everything I need from daily commuter to weekend fun. Looking to drive and save $$ for long time."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25