• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,591 - $23,312.

8.0

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Possibly the best car I've owned in 50 years.

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, storage capacity."

Cons: "Microsoft MySync."

"I picked the car up new and very shortly drove from OH to AZ for a 2 month stay. Jammed to the back of the seats, it drove and handled well and got excellent mileage. Test drove Prius and Prius V first then C Max. Both Toyota's, especially the V, lacked power. I felt the V fully loaded would be way too slow getting onto expressways. The C Max is fun to drive and attracts attention (ours is ruby red). Consumer Reports complained that the regenernative braking is touchy. Maybe at first but once acclimated muscle memory takes over and there is no problem, at least for me. I now drive for mpg and 100% regen. braking. My only complaint, mild at that, is the Ford Sync by Microsoft. I wouldn't let MS near my car or anything else. I'm sure by now Ford has learned it's lesson."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, sits higher than Prius"

"Im getting 48 mpg in mixed driving, town, country roads and highway. Very comfortable interior. Im 5'3" so really appreciate the telescoping steering wheel and adjustable height seat. 6 ft friend had lots of leg room and head room. Definitely recommend this car. And love the fact that it is an American car."

What an interesting car design...

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Good fuel economy. Big front window. 4 outputs."

Cons: "Poor headrest placement blocks vision"

"The car is awesome. I would not say that it gets 47 mpg, especially in LA where there is alort of stop and go traffic and hills and valleys. If you drive slower up hill and stay in the right lane then you save mpg. If you are willing to drive more slowly in general, then you save mpg. If you are willing to accelerate slowly, then you save more mpg. This car has taught me to drive more responsibly. I am down to three tanks of gas or so a month. With the ford focus I used to own it was five to six. After all is said and done with the higher payment, I am spending about $50 more per month and helping the environment. It is a shame that there are no more tax rebates for hybrids now that I could actually afford one. there also seem to be no more rebates for buying a car or a new car. This is lame. Just my luck. On the bright side, I have a nice new car with a huge front window to enjoy the sites while I drive."

Traded in my Prius for C-max

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Sits up higher than most cars, nice conveniences."

Cons: "no opening sun-roof option,"

"I was driving a Prius lease for the past 3 years. Loved the fuel economy on it, but wanted something fuel efficient, something that sat up a little higher than the Prius (although that wasn't bad), and a little more comfortable on our frequent trips. The Prius V looked like a station wagon to me, and really didn't sit up any higher, just had a larger cargo area. Not what we wanted. Although we are still in the "break-in" period, because we were used to driving a hybrid, we are averaging 40mpg so far. Considering it is still cold out (where is early Spring anyway?), we were only getting about 43mpg on the Prius in winter because of winter fuel and heating the engine. That said, we are happy with the mileage so far, as this IS a heavier vehicle, and I LOVE the SUV look of this car. It sits up high enough that I can look eye-to-eye with most SUV's which is great!"

GREAT RELIABLE CAR BUT...............

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE. SMOOTH"

Cons: "MPG NOT WHAT STATES ON STICKER"

"I purchased my 2013 ford cmax hybrid sel with all the bells and whistles right off the show room floor at the end of October. I was pitched by all the sales guys and seen commercials pitching that it gets 47 mg combined. even said on the sticker. I bought the vehicle and I am very meticulous about my mpg. This is the sole reason I bought this vehicle. I drive a lot. I have now put 21,000 miles on it. It has been reliable and has no problems and overall a great driving experience. Here my problem. After the first hundred miles of driving I was only getting 36 mpg.I immediately called the dealer and asked them why it wasn't getting 47mpg as on the sticker. They didn't know and said they would research it for me. So, after I er waiting a few days. They call me and tell me the "THE HEAVY DUTY BREAK IN OIL IS CAUSING THE VEHICLE TO GET LESS MPG. YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL YOUR 10,000 MILE SERVICE TO RECEIVE THE FULL BENEFITS OF YOUR VEHICLES MPG". I thought this was ridiculous but I had to believe them. I kept in touch with the sales rep from the dealership and it continued 36 mpg. Mind you that is 11 miles less then the sticker. so, at 9,980 miles on the car I went and got my 10,000 mile service. They changed the oil and all the other things they do during that kind of service. When I leave they tell me" YOU SHOULD SEE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN MPG NOW". I had to drive another 250 miles that day. I reset the trip 1 just to accurately check the mpg from that day. And after my day. MY MPG WENT DOWN to 31 mpg. I couldn't believe it. I called the dealership and complained. Feeling I have been lied too multiple times just to get a sale of the most expensive version of this car they had on the showroom floor. The dealership then told me they would call me back . A few days later they again tell me. but now the full breakin period for my vehicle is 20,000 miles. Now I know they are lieing. Because you know what. AFTER 21000 MILES I ONLY AVG. 35.6 MPG. HOPE THIS HELPS ."